Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2009, 10:29 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,617,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I think men and women have different definitions of "curvy". Men think curvy as being sexy (hourglass shape) and women tend to use the term "curvy" when they should really be saying "FAT".

Here are some examples of curvy women:
Good Lord Dabeez, where do you find all these butt shots! LOL The third pic, in the pink, is that the most perfect butt ever

Old 01-21-2009, 10:30 PM

897 posts, read 1,594,015 times
Yet another lengthy thread started by an insecure woman who needs validation for what she considers her shortcomings.
Before the flame war starts over that last comment keep in mind that the OP has not posted any pics of herself. The fact of the matter is that men have different tastes and EVERY woman falls under some man's preference. I prefer curves but don't really mind it if a woman's breasts are small since I'm an ass man and have always been (maybe due to the lack of having one myself ) so I guess I like a pear shape rather than an hourglass shape.
But here it is ladies; spelled out so you know what you have to work on: It doesn't matter to us how much you weigh or how tall you are as long as you look good according to our checklist. Most men don't include a stomach that sticks out further than your breasts or your buttocks on that checklist. They also don't include fat that looks like cottage cheese. Hardly any man minds some fat as long as it doesn't form thousands of little dimples. There it is, plain and simple but even those two things still have their fanbase because there are men who like even those.
In the end, if you're happy with yourself no matter what you look like you're likely to find someone who will like you too.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:42 PM

342 posts, read 1,832,976 times
Quote:
I think men and women have different definitions of "curvy". Men think curvy as being sexy (hourglass shape) and women tend to use the term "curvy" when they should really be saying "FAT".:
I'm not sure it has anything to do with gender, but I agree that sadly "curvy" has become a euphemism for obese. It's not curvy if it's just round. "Voluptuous" is another word that's become synonymous with "fat". I personally reserve curvy/voluptuous for describing figures that are filled out in all the right spots and and trim everywhere else (~hourglass), but it seems most men and women I've encoutered use it as a euphemism for being fat.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:50 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,355,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmancomics View Post
In the end, if you're happy with yourself no matter what you look like you're likely to find someone who will like you too.
I think this about sums it all up. You carry yourself with confidence, and that's half the battle.

I really think that a man who will only be with a woman who fits in exact dimensions is rather childish anyway. You can have a preference but you never know where love will take you.

Might I also point out the obvious, but a woman's size is subject to change w/out notice. Just because she's an 8 or 10 and curvy doesn't mean she's gonna stay that way, lol. You better be looking a little deeper for a lifetime of happiness. (my DH thought I was "curvy" when we first met, but that was almost 15 years and two kids ago--things have shifted slightly since then, lol!!)

Hold your head up women, believe in yourselves, try to be healthy, and love yourselves, and someone else will too.

btw, I love Beyonce and JLo if I was voting on curvy women.

and DeBeez, I hate to pick on you, but it seems you've got a warped sense of women's sizes. what comes between curvy and fat, obese, and unhealthy? You don't have enough options in your list there. And you do know that there is such a thing as cuvy and unhealthy, don't you? Size 6 does not necessarily equal healthy.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:51 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,269,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vemureaux View Post
I'm not sure it has anything to do with gender, but I agree that sadly "curvy" has become a euphemism for obese. It's not curvy if it's just round. "Voluptuous" is another word that's become synonymous with "fat". I personally reserve curvy/voluptuous for describing figures that are filled out in all the right spots and and trim everywhere else (~hourglass), but it seems most men and women I've encoutered use it as a euphemism for being fat.
Really? When I think of 'curvy' I think of a full figured woman...not fat, not obese but a woman with a larger chest, hips and thighs...

Code for 'obese' is "she has a good personality"

Old 01-22-2009, 12:32 AM

440 posts, read 1,683,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmancomics View Post
Yet another lengthy thread started by an insecure woman who needs validation for what she considers her shortcomings.
Before the flame war starts over that last comment keep in mind that the OP has not posted any pics of herself. The fact of the matter is that men have different tastes and EVERY woman falls under some man's preference. I prefer curves but don't really mind it if a woman's breasts are small since I'm an ass man and have always been (maybe due to the lack of having one myself ) so I guess I like a pear shape rather than an hourglass shape.
But here it is ladies; spelled out so you know what you have to work on: It doesn't matter to us how much you weigh or how tall you are as long as you look good according to our checklist. Most men don't include a stomach that sticks out further than your breasts or your buttocks on that checklist. They also don't include fat that looks like cottage cheese. Hardly any man minds some fat as long as it doesn't form thousands of little dimples. There it is, plain and simple but even those two things still have their fanbase because there are men who like even those.

Excuse me, but *********, on your first comment.

I started this thread out of curiosity of people's ideas of the word and what it means to them. I like my privacy and don't want my face/body/what-have-you plastered all over a public forum.

And for the record, my body style would be considered "pear shape". I've got boobs, but not massive ones, I have a defined waist. I've got a nice shapely butt, soft round hips, and proportionate thighs and defined legs. I ride two horses 3-5 times per week for 45mintes-1hr each (not including having to catch them in the pasture, tack/untack, throw hay/feed, etc), and am in the gym for no less than 1 hour at least 4 times/week. I also work 2 jobs and go to school full-time. Everything in moderation. Insecure, I am far from, and how petty of you to jump to assumptions. Once again, people making asses out of themselves .

If you're unhappy about something, do something about it, I do. I personally feel like, you can sit and pitty yourself, or you can get up off your ass and make a change. I prefer the latter.

Last edited by KWPN; 01-22-2009 at 01:09 AM..

Old 01-22-2009, 06:18 AM

37,661 posts, read 46,099,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWPN View Post
Excuse me, but *********, on your first comment.
I started this thread out of curiosity of people's ideas of the word and what it means to them. I like my privacy and don't want my face/body/what-have-you plastered all over a public forum.
Hey no worries KWPN ....the rest of us got it. This fella apparently can't read.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:56 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,958,391 times
Quote:
I think this is more of the category my wife fits into. She's fit, but not superfit as in lifting weights everyday. She' not really hour-glass even though she has hips and a small waist. She's definitely not obese/bbw. Dont know what size (number) she wears but Im pretty sure she's a "petit" or "small".

This is her after having two kids.
Wow - is that one of the costumes she makes? That is stunning!

Old 01-22-2009, 07:06 AM

1,113 posts, read 3,497,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
mY definition of curvy is..........

waist to hips ratio.As long as the hips are flairing compared to the waist that is curvy.The larger waist to hip ratio the hotter it is.Whether you have no body fat or have a pooch tummy with cellulite as long as that ratio is there you are curvy and you are hot.The bigger and rounder the butt and or boobs the better.Hourglass is the great term.If your waist is even with or out more than your hips than you are out of shape.

I'LL SAY IT AGAIN...I LOVE HOW YOU LOVE US THICK CHICKS!!

Old 01-22-2009, 07:15 AM

13,607 posts, read 21,414,703 times
#1 is my fav in those pics, almost all of them dress slutty which is such a turn on.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships