Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2009, 03:59 PM

440 posts, read 1,682,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I havent seen anyone bashing anyone else here and I hope it doesnt happen.

KWPN, how are YOU defining "curvy"?
I was just stating, that this thread was not intended to hurt anyone's feelings/self-esteem, or put others down.

My definition is curvy is basically the build of the grey's anatomy star, Sara Rodriguez (I think that's her last name?), Beyonce, J-Lo, Scarlett Johanson, etc. Huge boobs are necessarily part of the "curvy" package to me. When I hear 'curvy' I think of a clear difference in waist to hips, a round or shaply butt, round soft hips, shaply thighs & calves, and height/weight ratio proportionate. And yes, a bit of a soft belly isn't horrible... (not massive rolls, but not washboard toned either).

Someone who's 5'2", 155lbs, and a size 16 is going to look NOTHING like someone who is 5'9, 165lbs, and a size 16... everyone is built so differently, that weight is carried so drastically different.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:03 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWPN View Post
I was just stating, that this thread was not intended to hurt anyone's feelings/self-esteem, or put others down.

My definition is curvy is basically the build of the grey's anatomy star, Sara Rodriguez (I think that's her last name?), Beyonce, J-Lo, Scarlett Johanson, etc. Huge boobs are necessarily part of the "curvy" package to me. When I hear 'curvy' I think of a clear difference in waist to hips, a round or shaply butt, round soft hips, shaply thighs & calves, and height/weight ratio proportionate. And yes, a bit of a soft belly isn't horrible... (not massive rolls, but not washboard toned either).

Someone who's 5'2", 155lbs, and a size 16 is going to look NOTHING like someone who is 5'9, 165lbs, and a size 16... everyone is built so differently, that weight is carried so drastically different.
actually after reading your profile.....pic?

Old 01-21-2009, 04:04 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWPN View Post
Huge boobs are necessarily part of the "curvy" package to me. When I hear 'curvy' I think of a clear difference in waist to hips, a round or shaply butt, round soft hips, shaply thighs & calves, and height/weight ratio proportionate.

I agree with you on the boob part. Women in Brazil I consider to be very curvy. In Brazil, they tend to like women who have smaller boobs, flat stomachs and curvy (i.e, round fit) bottoms. This is what I call curvy.

If someone is a size 16 no matter how tall they are, they are overweight and should NOT be considered curvy. WNBA players exempted because they run several miles per game and are usually in good shape.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:09 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
I agree with you on the boob part. Women in Brazil I consider to be very curvy. In Brazil, they tend to like women who have smaller boobs, flat stomachs and curvy (i.e, round fit) bottoms. This is what I call curvy.

If someone is a size 16 no matter how tall they are, they are overweight and should NOT be considered curvy. WNBA players exempted because they run several miles per game and are usually in good shape.
You haven't seen some of the 16s I have..........

Old 01-21-2009, 04:10 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
I think context may have something to with it as well.

"Curvy" when applied pop singers or movie stars is entirely different than "curvy" in a personal ad on craigslist.

Very True Darlin'..........................

Old 01-21-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:

You DO realize that a size 16 is equivalent to a man's 34-36" waist? (You do have to factor in waist/hip circumference). I had class with a girl who was 5'11" and a size 16, she was built like a brick **** house! If she'd dropped below her height/weight/size ratio, she would have looked unhealthy and sick.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:14 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,221,387 times
Quote:

Sorry, I am going to have to disagree. I have a friend who is size 16 - she's quite tall and looks great I think. I think it's because she's all in proportion. She has the hour glass figure and I totally consider her curvy. She can give me a real run for my money in kick boxing class too (not that I'm an expert by any means).

I have another friend who wears a size 10. She looks 'fatter' than the size 16 girl. It's all in her belly and butt. I wouldn't want to be a size 16, but if I had to chose between the 2 I would probably go for the bigger but less fat looking shape.

Anyway I am battling to get my body to where it needs to be and really have no business judging others until l am perfect myself!

Old 01-21-2009, 04:21 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
All you size 16 folks could you post pics for me? Ive always dated women who were like no bigger than size five so its hard for me to imagine what a 16 looks like. Ive even dated a few size zeros. My wife wears Petite, S and XS so I guess I need to be schooled on what a 16 looks like.

I did have a girlfriend (dont know her size) who was 5' 4" and was probably around 160lbs. She was FIT FIT FIT and had nice curves. She had flat hard stomach and muscular legs, shoulders and back. She could run for several miles, would do hundreds of situps at a time and could do lots of pullups. She was a big woman but I still dont think she was as big as a 16.

Gabrielle Reece is 6' 3 1/2" and 160lbs - now she is what I would call sexy and curvy. Maybe she's a size 16? Being fit makes up for a lot of the extra poundage some women may carry.

Last edited by picmod; 01-09-2014 at 05:47 PM..

Old 01-21-2009, 04:35 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
All you size 16 folks could you post pics for me? Ive always dated women who were like no bigger than size five so its hard for me to imagine what a 16 looks like. Ive even dated a few size zeros. My wife wears Petite, S and XS so I guess I need to be schooled on what a 16 looks like.
This is probably one of the more "pleasing" size 16s that I've seen. Still, to me, she's definitely overweight.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...LO_468x840.jpg

Old 01-21-2009, 04:35 PM

Mmm it says she's a size 8

Gabrielle Reece - Biography
Quote:
Measurements: 36-24-35 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
Dress size 8, shoe size 11.
She does work out for hours every day, almost every day and has 3-4 kids that keep her busy too. Super Mom

I'm not a 16, and I don't have contact with the girl I spoke of from my previous class. I'll see what I can find.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships