Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 03:43 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,935,751 times

Advertisements

Overnight rock climbing (with ropes and pitons).

Skydiving (still might be able to do that).

Learned to ski earlier.

Learned to golf. (Not because I was in my prime, but becuase it would have been free back then).

Explored the amazon jungle.

Joined the FBI.

That is about it. I probably would not have had times for many of those things anyway. I did a lot and stayed very busy (still do, but there are now some things that are probably physically beyond me). .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 03:43 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,345,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
He said, "Well, they're going to be big one day."

Turns out it was the Bare Naked Ladies.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:44 PM

36,452 posts, read 16,059,117 times
I regret a lot of things, most of all not saving money when I had it. Being a better parent. Missed opportunities I was too scared to venture into. On and On............

Old 01-27-2009, 03:48 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,088,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaydenJ View Post
Is there anything you regret not doing during your prime and what do you miss the most of about those years? How have things changed in terms of your generation vs. what you see today just in society and children?

ALSO, if you could, what advice would you give the younger you?
I'm in my prime!

I would have prefered finding God again much earlier than I did.

This is the "anything goes" Generation.

Don't ever do ANYTHING you don't want to just because somebody else wants you to. Don't do "things" for others expecting anything in return, do them because YOU simply want to, expecting nothing in return. Don't expect much out of others and they'll often exceed your expectations.

Last edited by optiflex; 01-27-2009 at 04:14 PM..

Old 01-27-2009, 03:50 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,226,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
Yep. The guy had 10,000 really stupid ideas, and one really good one. That was the year I actually doubled sales and lost money because all his accounts were so unprofitable. Who would have known?

Old 01-27-2009, 04:01 PM

350 posts, read 1,118,534 times
Regrets.. I've had a few, but then again, too few to mention...
My only regrets are that I wish I would've taken my kids to church when they were little and gave them an opportunity to learn and make their own decisions regarding religion.
I also regret that I sometimes thought a clean house was more important than being spontaneous...
Spend time with your kids. They'll be grown and gone before you know it.
PS - I'm still in my prime! I'm 53. I've got a ways to go...God willing.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:09 PM

1,720 posts, read 6,733,122 times
I regret not taking HS more serious, and going to college, but hey...it wasn't for me I guess. Now it is and I am only 26

I regret not sleeping with the girl I thought I wanted to marry when I was 18-19 because I didn't want her to think I was using her (16-17) for sex...because I cared about her. But I did care, and the present me would marry the old her, too bad she turned out to be a bit skanky, sexy and hypocrite...so I'm okay with that.

I regret not taking baseball more seriously because I could have been something more.....and because of that, I regret messing around with girls when I was 16, thus ending my sports "career" lol for a lil bit of butt.

Like I said, now I am in college, got a girl with all the GOOD qualities the other one had, better sex, and although I don't play baseball, I aspire to someday in adult leagues once college is done.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:00 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,415,792 times
I regret not enlisting after high school. It was something I wanted and was interested in, but the parents wanted me to get my degree first. I definitely could have used the discipline. Plus when I listen to people who were/are in the military, I feel like I missed out. I found out years later that the recruiters were calling my house for me, but my mom never told me. (I think they were freaked out by the idea because we were in the middle of Desert Storm.)

And I wish I had stripped (exotic dancing). I know...strange regret. I had an awesome bod and when I think about some of the money I could have made. But considering my father's position in law enforcement and the fact that I intended to go into law enforcement as well, I decided it wouldn't be a wise move.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:33 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,697,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I regret not enlisting after high school. It was something I wanted and was interested in, but the parents wanted me to get my degree first. I definitely could have used the discipline. Plus when I listen to people who were/are in the military, I feel like I missed out. I found out years later that the recruiters were calling my house for me, but my mom never told me. (I think they were freaked out by the idea because we were in the middle of Desert Storm.)

And I wish I had stripped (exotic dancing). I know...strange regret. I had an awesome bod and when I think about some of the money I could have made. But considering my father's position in law enforcement and the fact that I intended to go into law enforcement as well, I decided it wouldn't be a wise move.

TIW....you have some very interesting regrets. I had two shots at the military - one to West Point and also as an enlisted musician, and I turned them down becuase at the time I didn't want any more regimentation. I had spent most of my life in a private school that was very rigid and regimented, and I wanted no more of that. I really could have used the forced focus and discipline as an officer, or the professional opportunities as a military musician.

I wish I had dated an exotic dancer.........

Old 01-27-2009, 09:44 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,071,624 times
I regret not holding off marriage until I found the right person, wasting 12 years of my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships