Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 06:16 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Ive heard allot of people here say this can you explain why you feel this is true??

JBU1980; Are you the relationship Police or something. Nonsense where did you get that from. You can also turn what you said around but i still agree that you are rubbish. If this is your theory, where have you heard this from and what is your proof. My husband I know deeply loves me just as much as I AM IN LOVE WITH HIM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 08:55 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,054,276 times
I say true. If I KNOW a guy is into me, way more than I am into him, I usually act really 'aloof' in the relationship. Like I could care less if he calls me or not...if he comes over or not...if I'm seen with him or not...

Old 01-06-2010, 09:05 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,904,885 times
I have heard, the one who shows the less love in a relationship has the power in the relationship. Because the one who shows more love is more vulnerable. I don't necessarily agree or disagree but there may be truth to it in some relationships, if one desires to play the game.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:08 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,380,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
I can't recall hearing/reading it and don't believe it.
me neither

Old 01-06-2010, 07:08 PM

297 posts, read 899,595 times
I think it's true that it's usually better if the woman is more in love with the man she is in a relationship in. Women tend to be a lot pickier in general than men, and if a man has to provide for everything she wants in every particular way, then it is a headache !

Old 01-07-2010, 01:25 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,857,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by avant-garde View Post
I think it's true that it's usually better if the woman is more in love with the man she is in a relationship in. Women tend to be a lot pickier in general than men, and if a man has to provide for everything she wants in every particular way, then it is a headache !
Since women tend to hold all or most of the cards, if she isn't into him at least as much as he's into her, don't expect the relationship to last. She will have options and sooner or later, will want to exercise them.

For those who disagree with this analysis, (claiming there are many exceptions) my answer is that women who don't easily attract men, will not be in this situation.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:10 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,882,197 times
i wish to say something about it ..but my dear friend .. WOMEN are so unpredictable .. they'll expect from u but if u expect from them ..they can be inexplicable in a way that spells DISASTER ! ..lol .. i could be wrong not every women are like that .. but yeah a LOT of them are unpredictable for sure ..in my opinion of course ..

Old 01-07-2010, 05:03 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,353,696 times
This is a joke!!
It must be.....any relationship I may or may not have has to be one of equals.
I've been told this is impossible , but that , IMO , is BS!!!
You have to treat everyone equally , regardless of gender or 'preprogrammed gender roles'. That means I cook , clean and perform other duties at equal intervals with her.
Unless she didn't feel like it , then I'd do it all!!
It's the way it shall be.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:18 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,719,452 times
Western women(not all), especially American women(not all) as a whole don't like men, they like the image of a man. What he can do for her.

Western women do this as a way of a protection shield, should she find someone else better. Women in general have more dating options than men, unless the guy is really wealthy or famous. Women already have a guy they want when they are in a less than satisfactory relationship.

Regardless of what we have been told, women do not spend that much time without a man, as a whole.

It seems as if men lose in this way because of the complaints of women that their men don't listen, don't take care of their emotional needs, if a guy were to do that and the woman not state what she will do for her man, that immediately gives the woman more power in the relationship.

Women are taught that the guy must do most of the work in a relationship automatically giving her the upper hand in the relationship, today's women want power and control over men.

That's the way unfortunately relationships work in western society, selfishness at its core.

And women say they have it harder in dating.

A good woman will be as giving as she expects her man and treat him the way she would want to be treated.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:28 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,719,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I've heard, "You need be with a man who loves you more than you love him." I can see where I'd benefit from that, but what about him? Doesn't seem fair.
Well PassTheChocolate, I commend you for caring about and considering the needs of the man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships