Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 08:58 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times

Advertisements

Put your crops and floggers away, I don't mean THAT kind of submissive.

Some men view us as domineering, immasculating tyrants who want a man to cower and cater to our every whim. I don't see the intrigue in that at all.

What are your thoughts on this? Do any of you actually enjoy this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 09:03 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I don't see the intrigue in that at all.
Heh, neither do I, BUT

Quote:
it's perfect in certain contexts - say marriage!

I personally look at your thread as yet another wording of the quintessential bad vs. nice and BF material vs. husband material or <insert your choice of male star> loading the dishwasher topics.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I personally look at your thread as yet another wording of the quintessential bad vs. nice and BF material vs. husband material or <insert your choice of male star> loading the dishwasher topics.
Mmmmm, nah. Just wondering if there are people that actually find pleasure in being with a wimp.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:39 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
stay single stay away stay safe stay affluent stay free.
being single is never having to say you are sorry.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:47 PM

525 posts, read 948,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Put your crops and floggers away, I don't mean THAT kind of submissive.

Some men view us as domineering, immasculating tyrants who want a man to cower and cater to our every whim. I don't see the intrigue in that at all.

It's really interesting to me that "submissive" nowadays has a kind of negative ring.. I think some of the sexiest women in the world are submissive types... the bible says for women to 'submit' to their men.. this does not mean to be a wimp and give up total power by any means. I think when a woman is submissive she is more in alignment with her naturalness-- even more powerful. To me it's a huge turn on.. but today the word 'submissive' is a 'bad' thing

Old 02-12-2009, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanACM View Post
It's really interesting to me that "submissive" nowadays has a kind of negative ring.. I think some of the sexiest women in the world are submissive types... the bible says for women to 'submit' to their men.. this does not mean to be a wimp and give up total power by any means. I think when a woman is submissive she is more in alignment with her naturalness-- even more powerful. To me it's a huge turn on.. but today the word 'submissive' is a 'bad' thing
I don't mean accomodating. I mean submissive in the way of not having a mind of your own. The "whatever you say" thing.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:54 AM

3,853 posts, read 12,868,092 times
What are you talking about. Women already control the vast majority of spending power indirectly in this country. They are the ones who decide what to buy.

There is a good saying I learned in my business classes:

"Get the women, get the children and the men will follow"

Which means advertise to women because they are the ones who control the money. Also you get the children because the women teach the children, you see?

Most men are enslaved by their sex drive. They'll succumb to a woman's power just because they are addicted to the sex. They love it. They're addicted to it.

As a man, one of the most liberating things is to be able to satisfy oneself without submitting to a woman. It gives me the power to say NO. No I am not going to get in a relationship, No I am not going to buy you a drink, No I am not going to buy you a valentines day gift, no no no no!

It is also a confidence builder. Telling a woman no and you making the rules is a turn on for women. Women like men and men have testosterone. The traits of testosterone are: Aggressiveness, risk taking and leadership. It is an obsolete trait for the most part of our non hunter/gather society but that is how women were built over thousands of years. Go after a dominate male because he provides the best protection and usually the most resources.

Old 02-13-2009, 05:01 AM

47 posts, read 491,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
Most men are enslaved by their sex drive. They'll succumb to a woman's power just because they are addicted to the sex. They love it. They're addicted to it.
This is true

Old 02-13-2009, 05:20 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
stay single stay away stay safe stay affluent stay free.
being single is never having to say you are sorry.
There's a lot of truth in that.

When I got married, at the ripe old age of 19, I had no idea how long the rest of my life would be . In hind sight, not being married would have been much easier. Of course you can't tell THAT to a 19 year old who knows EVERYTHING

Old 02-13-2009, 07:16 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,376,537 times
I think that no matter the outcome if you achieve submission by dominating someone then even in the back of the small mind of the dominant one they know its not out of love "the gifts they receive"

Would I like a domineering mate, heck no!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships