Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 05:28 PM

620 posts, read 1,773,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaGrrrl View Post
Hehe.. no music tonight?
I'll go contribute something, just for you lol...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 05:30 PM

9,762 posts, read 3,418,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Samadhi View Post
I'll go contribute something, just for you lol...
..my girl....

Old 02-26-2009, 06:00 PM

943 posts, read 3,337,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Yes, I did it. And I've thought often about how I managed it as well as I did. I wouldn't call it "easy"...but I was pretty much over the angst within 2 days. I think that in my case, I just wasn't 100%. I certainly loved him, but I also knew that it was not
right for me. Maybe my brain just took over.

LOL...I thin that's what happens to me too at times.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:20 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,992,231 times
I think the ability to walk away has very little to do with the love you feel. Sometimes it's the right thing to do.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:27 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,097,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG1 View Post
to be in love with someone and yet have the ability to easily walk away from them is they were to betray or hurt you? Does that mean you never really loved them from the start or could it mean that you're just that resilient?
It's VERY possible for me and I have done it more than once...it bothered me pretty bad,but THEY never knew it did.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:36 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,958,391 times
I have walked away from someone I loved very much. Leaving him did not stop me from loving him, nor did I want it to.
It just stopped me from setting myself up for more hurt.

I have also walked away from someone not because of betrayal or hurt; but because I knew staying would eventually lead to betrayal by one (or both) of us.

If your OP comes from a personal struggle you are having; hopefully you will remember to love yourself as well as the one in question.
I may not be able to forget someone's transgressions; but I'm pretty good at forgiving them. And forgiving doesn't necessarily mean staying.
It really depends on the circumstances that led you to this quandary.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:05 PM

102 posts, read 255,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
I have walked away from someone I loved very much. Leaving him did not stop me from loving him, nor did I want it to.
It just stopped me from setting myself up for more hurt.

I have also walked away from someone not because of betrayal or hurt; but because I knew staying would eventually lead to betrayal by one (or both) of us.

If your OP comes from a personal struggle you are having; hopefully you will remember to love yourself as well as the one in question.
I may not be able to forget someone's transgressions; but I'm pretty good at forgiving them. And forgiving doesn't necessarily mean staying.
It really depends on the circumstances that led you to this quandary.
PERFECTLY said!!

Old 02-26-2009, 11:08 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,811,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG1 View Post
to be in love with someone and yet have the ability to easily walk away from them is they were to betray or hurt you? Does that mean you never really loved them from the start or could it mean that you're just that resilient?
It COULD just mean that you are emotionally healthy enough to understand you are no doormat and deserve better treatment

Old 02-27-2009, 03:20 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,872,015 times
Default Is It Possible

You asked about walking away from someone you love when they betray or hurt you and does it mean that perhaps you didn't love them or that you are resiliant. Are you sure you care not concerned that you are unfeeling? My heart aches when I read this type of a post because you learn all about these types of feelings and it all happens with time. I have a feeling you are younger than my 61 years and perhaps haven't gone through a whole lot...I could be wrong but don't think so.

When you walk away from someone who has betrayed or hurt you it means you have learned how to love yourself and respect yourself with the added bonus of knowing how to take care of your emotions. Good for you. Believe it or not, there are people out there who are not hell bent to hurt you, betray you or use you. It does take some of us a very long time to figure that one out. I know it took me some time to learn that I did not need a man to validate who I was as a woman. When I did finally "get it"...I met my second husband who unfortunately passed away young and then I met my wonderful husband I have now.

You have the right attitude

Old 02-27-2009, 08:07 AM

943 posts, read 3,337,089 times
Great advice..thanks for the replies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships