Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 07:44 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,615,990 times

Advertisements

Yes it would change, my husband could quit his job and stop working his tail off. Then we could open up our dream business and travel a bit more.

AND ADOPT!!!!!!!!!! We could afford to adopt some children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 07:49 PM

311 posts, read 694,509 times
Man people are full of it on this site.Is everyone on here going to married to one person there whole life.I doubt it.Money is the #1 reason couples split.Too much money can have a negative impact as can too little.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:50 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,267,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Yes it would change, my husband could quit his job and stop working his tail off. Then we could open up our dream business and travel a bit more.

AND ADOPT!!!!!!!!!! We could afford to adopt some children.
That is a sweet post! I have a few kids you can adopt...right before I stroke the check to university!!

Old 03-04-2009, 07:51 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,460,172 times
I'm single but there is someone that I have known since the 80s. He lives back in my hometown, the town I was very glad to leave in my rear view mirror. He owns his own business that keeps him in that area.

If I won the lottery maybe I could pry him from Texas to our own private island.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:56 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,267,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I'm single but there is someone that I have known since the 80s. He lives back in my hometown, the town I was very glad to leave in my rear view mirror. He owns his own business that keeps him in that area.

If I won the lottery maybe I could pry him from Texas to our own private island.
Now that is a plan!!!! There are some islands in Fiji you can still purchase

Old 03-04-2009, 08:00 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,559,984 times
winning the lottery can be good for a relationship as long as both do not give into temptation. Depending on your age you can easily spend all of the lottery winnings before you reach retirement age. Plan ahead and discuss with your spouse what you really want with the money and can you retire with this dollar amount after you've spent on things you need and want. In my family we'll divide the money three ways. My parents get 1/3, my sister's family gets 1/3, and my wife and I get 1/3. We plan on buying a four bedroom 2 bath home. Two of the bedrooms have to be connecting so that her 83 year old father can use one as a bedroom and one as his personal living room. The third bedroom would be a classic English study/den for myself. My wife would get all of the rest of the house,...she'll let me pick out the electronics. I'll have a landscaper come an do the back yard for hummingbirds and butterflies by planting the flowers that attracts them. She loves hummingbirds and butterflies. We'll get the cars of our choice; highway cruiser for her and small fun car for myself. I'll keep working because if I quit, her medical bills will dry up our winnings. I would be able to afford to take a lowering paying (less stressful) job so I could spend more time with her and her dad. We'll discuss with our bank options on what to do with the rest of the money so that we could live off the interest and leave the principal for our retirement. Oh, and I do plan on taking her to some of the countries I visited while in the Navy if her medical condition doesn't get worse.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:26 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,061,739 times
Not sure if it would change our relationship or not. I'm not sure if the hubby would be jealous over the cabana boy or not???

Old 03-04-2009, 09:28 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,980,808 times
If I won the lottery It definitely would help me to find a relationship. I'd move from this dump and find a real gay mecca where I can frolic down the streets in hot pants and a tight shirt without being assaulted.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:28 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,061,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
If I won the lottery It definitely would help me to find a relationship. I'd move from this dump and find a real gay mecca where I can frolic down the streets in hot pants and a tight shirt.
Like Richard Simmons??

Old 03-04-2009, 09:35 PM

60 posts, read 285,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
Not sure if it would change our relationship or not. I'm not sure if the hubby would be jealous over the cabana boy or not???
Lol!

For me, since my exboyfriend and I have decided to take a "break"... I'm sure he'd be calling me a mite sooner than expected!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships