Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 12:22 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,864,278 times

Advertisements

This is an oldie that might be worth an update:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doglover29 View Post
This is for the ladies. When you meet another woman, what are some of the things that run through your mind/that you consciously or subconsciously judge her on? For instance, her demeanor, her appearance, her weight, her style of dress, her marriage status, etc.
Have you ever unfairly stereotyped a woman you just met only to have that stereotype either confirmed or not confirmed once you got to know her a little better? What are some qualities/characteristics about another woman that would make you feel threatened or insecure based on your own psychological hang-ups?
I might add do you think of whether associating with this woman might have an effect on your relationships with or ability to attract men. Do you consider whether she appears to be a good prospect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 12:26 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,746,846 times
I used to think I might not like someone, and after a while they turned out to be the one I liked most. Now that I am older (and wiser, hopefully), I take people at face value. I don't like phonies, and I don't have rapport with people who lack warmth.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:45 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,061,574 times
There was a young girl that visited our office from HQ. She was wearing a short, tight dress and very high sandals. I was working at a manufacturing facility at the time. Yes, we were financial professionals and not the actual skilled laborers, but it was still inappropriate to dress this way. I initially thought very little of her.

We worked closely together on several projects and I was lucky enough to get to know her. She eventually learned how to dress professionally and gained everyone's respect as well as mine. Neither of us work for that company any longer, but we still keep in touch.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:49 PM

7,004 posts, read 21,357,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyV View Post
There was a young girl that visited our office from HQ. She was wearing a short, tight dress and very high sandals. I was working at a manufacturing facility at the time. Yes, we were financial professionals and not the actual skilled laborers, but it was still inappropriate to dress this way. I initially thought very little of her.

We worked closely together on several projects and I was lucky enough to get to know her. She eventually learned how to dress professionally and gained everyone's respect as well as mine. Neither of us work for that company any longer, but we still keep in touch.

You wouldn't have any PICS of this young girl, would you?

Old 01-28-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
You wouldn't have any PICS of this young girl, would you?

Sorry, nope... but you'de definitely be meowing

Old 01-28-2009, 01:20 PM

355 posts, read 815,288 times
I'm going to sound like a total biaaaaatch here, but if the shoe fits ...

I first look at the total package and whether or not she presents herself well. Then I assess whether she is any competition.

If she is my physical and/or intellectual inferior, she is not a threat. If I do consider her to be competition, then I start nit-picking to find things wrong with her. It usually takes me no more than a minute to come up with a fairly comprehensive list of shortcomings, e.g., her hair, her shoes, her boobs, her ass, her big ankles, her voice, her laugh, her ugly makeup, etc. etc.

And I think all women do this ... we just don't like to admit it.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degenerate View Post

I first look at the total package and whether or not she presents herself well. Then I assess whether she is any competition.

If she is my physical and/or intellectual inferior, she is not a threat. If I do consider her to be competition, then I start nit-picking to find things wrong with her. It usually takes me no more than a minute to come up with a fairly comprehensive list of shortcomings, e.g., her hair, her shoes, her boobs, her ass, her big ankles, her voice, her laugh, her ugly makeup, etc. etc.

Maybe at first, but then we befriend them and forget about that stuff we thought and pretend that we're angels.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:29 PM

355 posts, read 815,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyV View Post
Maybe at first, but then we befriend them and forget about that stuff we thought and pretend that we're angels.
Bang on MommyV!

We are a complex species, aren't we?

Old 01-28-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Bang on MommyV!

We are a complex species, aren't we?
Yes, but perfectly innocent of all wrong-doing. I'm polishing my halo as we speak

Old 01-28-2009, 02:36 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,053,674 times
Quote:

Geez, I like to think I am a LITTLE more evolved than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships