Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 09:36 AM

335 posts, read 1,113,264 times

Advertisements

I'm loud. what I think is talking, I'm told I'm screaming. Very rare do I notice I'm being loud. the constant complaint of me being loud is now getting annoying. I'm to the point where I don't even feel like speaking.

How do I control this?? I try to lower my voice but it just go back up and then i just get frustrated and don't feel like talking. Any tips out there so that I can start being aware of my loudness?

imma just find other loud people so that we can be loud to our hearts content.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 10:05 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times
Unconsciously I am. The wife keeps on telling why am I yelling when I actually feel I am talking to her in a normal tone. It's gotta be a hispanic thing.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:09 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
for about 20 to 30 seconds I am..........

Old 03-19-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
for about 20 to 30 seconds I am..........

I'm not going to ask.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:14 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir_ny View Post
I'm loud. what I think is talking, I'm told I'm screaming. Very rare do I notice I'm being loud. the constant complaint of me being loud is now getting annoying. I'm to the point where I don't even feel like speaking.

How do I control this?? I try to lower my voice but it just go back up and then i just get frustrated and don't feel like talking. Any tips out there so that I can start being aware of my loudness?

imma just find other loud people so that we can be loud to our hearts content.
Seriously, have you had a hearing test? My husband is somewhat deaf in his right ear because when he was younger he was a drummer. When he's telling me something in what he thinks is a low voice, everyone around us can hear him. It's pretty embarrassing - especially because when he's using his "low voice" he's usually making some derogatory comment about somebody nearby - and they can probably hear what he's saying!

Old 03-19-2009, 10:17 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir_ny View Post

I'm not going to ask.
Good,because if you did I'd wonder about you.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Seriously, have you had a hearing test? My husband is somewhat deaf in his right ear because when he was younger he was a drummer. When he's telling me something in what he thinks is a low voice, everyone around us can hear him. It's pretty embarrassing - especially because when he's using his "low voice" he's usually making some derogatory comment about somebody nearby - and they can probably hear what he's saying!
LMAO...sorry but that's funny...i know not to you though.

No I haven't had a hearing test. Actually I think I need one cause there are a lot of times I have to ask the bf what was said on the tv or i'd have to rewind and turn up the volume.

But like Mr. Cat said I think it is a hispanic thing and the way I grew up. I grew up with my mom screaming at us, me and my sisters screaming at each other, in high school being loud kids (most of my friends are spanish.) and not caring that people were staring at us.

Imma look into getting a hearing test.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:24 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
I once had a gf who was so loud the nieghbors lit a cigarette when we were done!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-19-2009, 10:31 AM

1,152 posts, read 3,200,927 times
Yeah, this is a really poor choice of topic title given the people who frequent this forum .

Old 03-19-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahutch View Post
Yeah, this is a really poor choice of topic title given the people who frequent this forum .

lol I'm starting to realize that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships