Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 06:21 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,340,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shania View Post
I'm trying match.com because I'm moving to a new area and figure it will be another way to meet people. There are some fake profiles from guys who are obviously from Europe or Africa trying to get im and personal email addresses and that can get kind of old. Match has another site called chemistry.com and I might try that when I get out there.
I tried Chemistry.com last year and it was awful. They matched me up with anyone with a pulse I think, some real losers. eharmony seems to match me with a better group of guys. Yahoo and Match are OK, but I do still have to do a lot of "weeding". I stopped paying for Yahoo for a while and haven't had anyone contact me who would make me want to start paying again. Plenty of fish hasn't amounted to much for me, but it is free so you get what you pay for in that case.

I do know three couples who met on eharmony and got married.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2009, 07:43 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,953,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I met my wife right here on CD nearly 2 years ago. Anything is possible.

Rance, your story with Sweden was one of the ones that got me hooked on CD!

Old 03-25-2009, 07:45 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,953,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post

Just went to a wedding of two eHarmony.com members. If your ultimate goal is marriage, this site deserves a look-see.

Old 03-25-2009, 07:47 PM

37,604 posts, read 45,972,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
I tried Chemistry.com last year and it was awful. They matched me up with anyone with a pulse I think, some real losers. eharmony seems to match me with a better group of guys. Yahoo and Match are OK, but I do still have to do a lot of "weeding". I stopped paying for Yahoo for a while and haven't had anyone contact me who would make me want to start paying again. Plenty of fish hasn't amounted to much for me, but it is free so you get what you pay for in that case.

Yeah I think that Chemistry site is for the birds. I do like match though...it's how I meet 95% of the guys I date. I have the same experience with friends on eHarmony...but I've never used it.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:46 PM

1,629 posts, read 3,477,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post

Buy free weights. It's that easy. Treadmill doesn't burn much calories anyways.
Then you're not doing it right.

Interval training will maximize the cardio burn, and circuit training will maximize the burn from both cardio & strength training (not to mention, save you some time.)

Old 03-27-2009, 10:04 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,302,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpe View Post
Hi all,
I am a 36 year old female who is looking to settle down. I am attractive and have no problem meeting guys but they are not guys who are ready to settle down. I look younger than I am so I tend to attract young guys and they are just not looking for the same thing as me. I try to just go about living my life but I just never meet any interesting guys. I thought I would give the online dating site a try but I don't to waste my time or anyone elses. Can anyone tell me the name of the dating site geered towards people looking for a long-term relationship that could lead to marriage. I know there was a previous thread about this but I can't find it. Thanks
If you are attractive and don't have problems meeting guys, then why are you trying to meet men online?

Old 10-13-2009, 04:17 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,354,854 times
I don't go to those kinds of sites.
I doubt if people are honest about their motives- they don't seem to be anywhere else

Old 10-13-2009, 06:07 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,606,033 times
I never met anyone on Match.com, so I'm not a fan. PlentyofFish has a horrible layout, so it's really difficult to navigate. Craigslist is like looking for a needle in a (creepy) haystack, though I did meet my ex there. Never tried Eharmony. The only site I like right now is OkCupid.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:46 PM

27,340 posts, read 27,391,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
Maybe you're looking for love in all the wrong places.

That happens.

Old 09-12-2010, 01:58 PM

21 posts, read 23,526 times
big beautiful people meet is twenty times the place that plenty of fish is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships