Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 02:28 AM

751 posts, read 1,673,257 times

Advertisements

If someone meets someone on a dating site and later on they marry that person why would they choose to remain on said dating site?

I've heard that they stay because they meant and made friends there.Then I've heard that their spouses have given them permission to be there.

I've seen these married people flirt with other members on that particular site .If they're so married as they claim then why are they flirting with other men/women.

If I was a new member just joining dating sites I would find it very hard to tell who's single and who's not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 10:12 AM

1,570 posts, read 5,985,295 times
I have not used dating sites much. However, I have met several men via dating sites that were, in fact, married.
Your question why? The answer is because some married people, cheat!
The reason someone is on a dating site is to ... date! That's the whole point of a dating site.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:41 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,668,915 times
If a married person is on a dating site it's not innocent.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:47 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,998,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
Maybe, maybe not.

Could it be they are re-affirming to themselves that their spouse is truly a perfect fit after seeing a many of the whacko lacko types on the dating sites??

BTW: Why do women go to the male stripper places, doing alot of things that would never be permitted in a female stripper place? Heck, if women can't touch the male strippers then maybe they'd get even more hot and bothered to satify themself (and their mate/spouse) when they get home!

Old 10-11-2009, 12:55 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Some of them are merely social networking or "dating and friendship" sites. You can make "friends" with people on a site that you wouldn't be in a relationship with. One site I'm on, I have both male and female "friends". Guess what?--I definitely am not going to date the males!

Old 10-11-2009, 03:07 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Hard call. It's about putting IRL before online friendships. If you have a real full life with solid relationships that keep you busy then you don't have much time for online stuff.

I'm online a lot lately.. But I'd give it up if I had more going on IRL.

Old 10-11-2009, 04:13 PM

22,143 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie Tebo View Post
If someone meets someone on a dating site and later on they marry that person why would they choose to remain on said dating site?

If I was a new member just joining dating sites I would find it very hard to tell who's single and who's not.
if I meet someone on a dating site, and we are getting serious, both of our profiles need to come off the dating site WAY before the marriage stage.

actually, with online dating, it is a good litmus test of how serious the people are with each other. If someone is not willing to remove their profile, then they are still looking, no matter what they "say"

it can be an eye opener, if a guy says oh baby I'm not seeing anyone else, but he still has his profile up, forget it

Old 10-11-2009, 04:15 PM

22,143 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
BINGO you are so on the mark sunnydee

if a married person is on a dating site they are looking for sex
plain and simple
no matter how they try to dress it up

Old 10-11-2009, 04:35 PM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie Tebo View Post
Most people take their profile down once they become exclusive with someone. I've never heard of someone staying on a dating site all the way through marriage. If someone wants to cheat that badly, why are they getting married in the first place?

Old 10-11-2009, 05:20 PM

751 posts, read 1,673,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Most people take their profile down once they become exclusive with someone. I've never heard of someone staying on a dating site all the way through marriage. If someone wants to cheat that badly, why are they getting married in the first place?

There are at least 4 married couples that I know of who's profiles are still up on a particular dating site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships