Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 06:33 AM

84 posts, read 268,517 times

Advertisements

If you are currently married or engaged is it possible that even though you think you are happy and deeply in love with your spouse that you could fall for someone else?

Is there someone else out there that is so perfect that he/she would make you fall in love again?

The world is full of people who have affairs, but common thinking is that they are doing it for sex, or because they are in a loveless marriage. Would it be possible that you personally could be in a great loving marriage but still fall in love with someone else while you are married?

What would it take for you to fall in love with someone else while you personally were married?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 06:53 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,576,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainy Intellectual Type View Post
If you are currently married or engaged is it possible that even though you think you are happy and deeply in love with your spouse that you could fall for someone else?
Quote:

Is there someone else out there that is so perfect that he/she would make you fall in love again?

The world is full of people who have affairs, but common thinking is that they are doing it for sex, or because they are in a loveless marriage. Would it be possible that you personally could be in a great loving marriage but still fall in love with someone else while you are married?

What would it take for you to fall in love with someone else while you personally were married?
How could someone presently in love answer this question unless you have a direct line to Miss Chloe's psychic network, but obviously possible, look at the divorce statistics. So, the question should be is it possible to be in love with more than one person at the same time. This was a question posed in a thread not that long ago.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:00 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,934,681 times
Quote:

Those would have to be some awfully big ta-tas.

But seriously, anyone genuinely in love is going to answer "no", because they are in love with their SO and not looking. It is only people unsatisfied with their relationship that are open to other romantic encounters (and this can include people capable of loving more than one person, but in a single-person relationship).

Old 10-19-2009, 07:00 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,303,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post

How could someone presently in love answer this question unless you have a direct line to Miss Chloe's psychic network, but obviously possible, look at the divorce statistics. So, the question should be is it possible to be in love with more than one person at the same time. This was a question posed in a thread not that long ago.
Exactly, and the answer to this is most definately 'yes', BUT..... If one defines love as more than an infatuation, or doesn't believe that "love at first sight" exists, then there are ways that a married person can and should keep this from happening.....

I'm married and run into females that pique my interest every so often. I'm sure I could fall in love with some of them if I purued it.... But the key is I don't...

Yes, you can be in love with two people at once, but the thing is that almost all of the time you will love one more than the other. I know some would say that this means that you don't love the one you "love less", but whatever..... Semantics IMO...

Old 10-19-2009, 07:04 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,576,699 times
Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post

But seriously, anyone genuinely in love is going to answer "no", because they are in love with their SO and not looking. It is only people unsatisfied with their relationship that are open to other romantic encounters (and this can include people capable of loving more than one person, but in a single-person relationship).

Old 10-19-2009, 07:27 AM

8,966 posts, read 20,391,085 times
I'm married to an absolutely wonderful lady! And, yes, despite all the Threads here in the Relationship forum asking "is there such a person as Mr./Mrs. Right?", they are definitely out there! Could I/would I fall in love with someone else.......absolutely not...........period!!

Old 10-19-2009, 08:40 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,303,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
I'm married to an absolutely wonderful lady! And, yes, despite all the Threads here in the Relationship forum asking "is there such a person as Mr./Mrs. Right?", they are definitely out there! Could I/would I fall in love with someone else.......absolutely not...........period!!
How do you know there is no one else out there with similar qualities that maybe has an added quality that your wife doesn't?

Well.... Let me answer that for you... You don't.

Bottom line is that you're so happy in your marriage that you'd never allow the discovery of someone else's wonderful qualities.... That's a great thing!!!

But to claim that "you could never"? I don't know. I guess I ascribe to the "Never say never" crowd...

Old 10-19-2009, 08:52 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,392,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post

I have to disagree with this one. People are capable of loving 2 people at a time...or even more.

For the OP: yes, anything is possible.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:55 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,975,442 times
Quote:

So your real question is - "Do you think you could ever cheat on your spouse?".

The answer is NO.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:05 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,934,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I have to disagree with this one. People are capable of loving 2 people at a time...or even more.

For the OP: yes, anything is possible.
I'm confused. You say you disagree, and then you state the same thing I said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships