Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2009, 09:11 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,037,907 times

Advertisements

Well, I reckon that would be a just cause for an arse beating. What if you you cut your cheek earlier in the day and the gay had a cold sore? your odds of an STD go up when gays are involved.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:51 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,689,434 times
I'm not sure why men have to beat up a gay man to prove that they are not gay, I mean how tough do you have to be to beat up a gay man anyway, and why run the risk that he might also be able to fight (gay men are in a man's body?) I don't like being kissed by anyone who I don't have a close relationship to. I don't even like the hello kiss from causual women friends. Any one who knows me knows I do love the ladies and would get a laugh out of it .

Old 04-07-2009, 11:22 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,556,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
Well, I reckon that would be a just cause for an arse beating. What if you you cut your cheek earlier in the day and the gay had a cold sore? your odds of an STD go up when gays are involved.
Now you are stereotyping. You are keeping this STD as if it a gay issue. You are way behind the times on that. Look at national and world statistics on that one. Also, look the history behind STDs, specially AIDS.

You have a great day.
El Amigo

Old 04-07-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I'm not sure why men have to beat up a gay man to prove that they are not gay, I mean how tough do you have to be to beat up a gay man anyway, and why run the risk that he might also be able to fight (gay men are in a man's body?) I don't like being kissed by anyone who I don't have a close relationship to. I don't even like the hello kiss from causual women friends. Any one who knows me knows I do love the ladies and would get a laugh out of it .
Now you are twisting the logic behind the original response I gave. I did not say I would beat up a gay. I wrote I would punch somebody away from me and that was it. Please take a close look at my statement. You are not putting words in my mouth for emotional impact in your reply. I would suggest not exaggerate my comment.
Also, because a man is gay does not mean he cannot fight. You are now stereotyping also, seems to me. I also said I slapped a woman before for kissing me without my consent. Many women have done that when they have been kissed by a man and on average I have seen a positive response for that woman enforcing her dignity as a human being so the same applies if it happens to a man.

You have a great day.
El Amigo

Old 04-07-2009, 11:44 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,689,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Now you are twisting the logic behind the original response I gave. I did not say I would beat up a gay. I wrote I would punch somebody away from me and that was it. Please take a close look at my statement. You are not putting words in my mouth for emotional impact in your reply. I would suggest not exaggerate my comment.
Also, because a man is gay does not mean he cannot fight. You are now stereotyping also, seems to me. I also said I slapped a woman before for kissing me without my consent. Many women have done that when they have been kissed by a man and on average I have seen a positive response for that woman enforcing her dignity as a human being so the same applies if it happens to a man.

You have a great day.
El Amigo

I m basically responding to the many responses which albeit light heartedly, included busting some one in the chops,
I'm not bragging but I've been hit on a few times by gay men.
"just say No.. thank you"

Old 04-07-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Now you are stereotyping. You are keeping this STD as if it a gay issue. You are way behind the times on that. Look at national and world statistics on that one. Also, look the history behind STDs, specially AIDS.

You have a great day.
El Amigo
Are you saying STD's are NOT more prevelant in the gay community?

Old 04-07-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Are you saying STD's are NOT more prevelant in the gay community?
What I am saying your comment seems to imply that STDs are a gay thing?

Can you honestly tell me that if I said I was going to punch a straight man and/or woman you would have brought up the AIDS risk for doing so?

Just one source for quick reference is the wikipedia and look at all the references below. I have read other references on the issue.

I do not believe it is more prevalent for homosexual activity. As a matter of fact, just check the chart in the wikipedia under AIDS and see the transmission rates based on different activites that transmit AIDS and compare homosexual activities to drug use, child birth, etc.

You have a great day.
El Amigo

Old 04-07-2009, 12:16 PM

wikipedia is a poor source but i can't fault your efforts.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I m basically responding to the many responses which albeit light heartedly, included busting some one in the chops,
I'm not bragging but I've been hit on a few times by gay men.
"just say No.. thank you"
I say "no, thank you" if a gay asks me if he could kiss me BUT the issue is what I would do if he out of nowhere grabs me and kisses me. My "no, thank you" if he does that is a punch. A verbal request has a verbal response, a physical unrequested act gets a physical response.

I was asked to take a shower together by a gay when I was in basic training and I just told him no and that was the end of the story. No punches needed.

You have a great day.
El Amigo

Old 04-07-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
wikipedia is a poor source but i can't fault your efforts.
Good point. I clarify something. I am aware wikipedia is not a very reliable source. However, it can be a good source for information. I have used a lot of the references cited below and they are pretty reliable by experts on the field.

Did you bother to read what the wikipedia said about STDs on gays or did you keep an close mind simply because I said wikipedia?

Also, I provided a source of information, did you cite anything to refute the point? No, you did not. My effort does go beyond yours.

So, again, to the point then. Are you then saying STDs are more prevalent in the gay community? If so, then enlighten me, please. What is your source of support?

You have a great day.
El Amigo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships