Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 01:11 AM

49 posts, read 110,191 times

Advertisements

I feel like ending it all, ending all the pain, i don't want to wake up. I just relocated to find out the man I relocated for is living with another woman and has been lying to me. I know i'm not going to get much sympathy from people here who are aware of my history that's not what I'm here for. i'm just tired of crying and lying in bed and have not been out of my condo for 2 days. I thought i knew him but I don't and i can't believe I allowed myself to be sucked in to this mess. it even gets worse.I have had a pregnancy testing kit still in the bag in my kitchen and I cant make myself take the test because i'm afraid of the results. i've been sleeping day and night on and off. i'm scared and hurt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 01:17 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,047,807 times
As messy and crazy as it is, you need to pull yourself together. Take the pregnancy test and figure out what the hell you're going to do. Lying in bed thinking about ending it all isn't going to solve anything. Everyone has problems. They always pass. Please don't put your family and people who really care about you through a bunch of pain. The guy was a loser. We've all had loser people in our lives. Don't allow this loser guy to make you want to end it all. He isn't worth it.

Old 04-13-2009, 01:20 AM

141 posts, read 284,981 times
Send me a direct message if you don't have insurance or a doctor here in case you need them. I'm working in healthcare if you don't have it handy. Be strong!

Old 04-13-2009, 01:38 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,554,254 times
If you don't have someone to call, call a crisis hotline. You need to talk to someone about all that you have going on.

Take the pregnancy test. Right now you're stressing over what ifs. You can't really make plans for the future until you know what is.

<<<Hugs>>>

Old 04-13-2009, 01:45 AM

670 posts, read 2,115,017 times
I'm sorry you're hurting so much. It's easy to be fooled by someone when we're in love and it happens, unfortunately. Sometimes we allow ourselves to believe in something that just isn't there. Sometimes people take advantage of our emotions for their own selfish gain. Eventually, you'll be able to see that this guy is the loser with the problems, not you. That he isn't worth your time or pain or tears. But it takes a while to get to that place.

Don't beat yourself up for whatever sacrifices you made for him or the relationship. Most of us have done this at one time or another, only to watch a relationship fall apart. I've been betrayed by a man before; I know what you're going through. It will get better. It will take time.

Right now, you need to take care of yourself. Please find someone to talk to in person, not just on the internet. Talk to your family if you can. Go to a therapist if you can afford one. If not, even if you're not religious, there are usually counselors at churches that will sit down with you. Make yourself reach out to someone right now. it's okay to want to cry and be alone at first, that's normal. But don't let the grief consume you to the point where you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Someday, there will be a relationship out there for you with someone who treats you the way you deserve to be treated. Even this guy probably lied to you because he could see you were a person of worth, with values. Otherwise, he wouldn't have had to lie; he would have figured you would hook up with him regardless.

Push him out of your mind as much as possible right now and concentrate on yourself. If you can't deal with it right away, wait just a few days and then find out about the possible pregnancy. That will be the first step to regaining control of your life. Knowing what you have to plan for in the future.

You can get through this. You're stronger than you feel right now. Don't be afraid to reach out to whoever you need until you are strong enough to deal with this on your own.

Old 04-13-2009, 02:11 AM

3,853 posts, read 12,869,787 times
well the good news is if you are pregnant you get 25% of his income for the next 18 years. I honestly don't know what you are worried about.

Also this guy is pretty damn stupid if he plans on being a player and living with a chick.

Old 04-13-2009, 02:24 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,437,376 times
I would rep the above poster but he knows the drill.

I know how you feel OP, it's happened to me more than once. Guys just want to use me for my body and stop at nothing with the lies. I dont know everything yet, but I'm catching on to these losers. It gets easier to spot them once you've been there a few times. I know you think you still love this loser, but give yourself some time and you will see him in a different light, it always happens. Then you will meet someone new and suddenly feel attracted to him and forget about this one. You will look back and say " yuck ". Hang in there, it gets easier every time.

Old 04-13-2009, 04:23 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,342,445 times
Hang in there! If there's anything I can do just PM me.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:30 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,674,830 times
We are all here for you!!

Old 04-13-2009, 05:47 AM

657 posts, read 1,600,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
well the good news is if you are pregnant you get 25% of his income for the next 18 years. I honestly don't know what you are worried about.
I hope that happens to you, ten times. Just because you think of it as "good news".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships