Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2007, 07:39 PM

549 posts, read 2,385,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzou View Post
What about younger dudes? I'm 21! =P

I'm just playing! =)

But being a dude, it really bothers me when old farts take the shots I have at a gal. It's like, come on now, I have a hard enough time getting a girl, you're trying to take the little chances I have left!
I'm in my 20's and I date guys anywhere between 20 to 30. You will find there are girls out there in their 20's who like to feel and play "21" again with a nubile 21-year-old. I like to stay around that range because I like to have things in common with that person. And alot of girls dreams of growing old with the guy and going through all the experiences of life. At the same time there have been expections where I dated an 18-year-old but he was so worldly and had such an articulate way of being that he did not act like the typical frat boy. Well if he did it was around his friends but not around me. And then on another occasion I dated a 37-year-old but he looked like he was 25.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2007, 07:51 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,395,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anigirli View Post
I'm in my 20's and I date guys anywhere between 20 to 30. You will find there are girls out there in their 20's who like to feel and play "21" again with a nubile 21-year-old. I like to stay around that range because I like to have things in common with that person. And alot of girls dreams of growing old with the guy and going through all the experiences of life. At the same time there have been expections where I dated an 18-year-old but he was so worldly and had such an articulate way of being that he did not act like the typical frat boy. Well if he did it was around his friends but not around me. And then on another occasion I dated a 37-year-old but he looked like he was 25.
I can understand that, appearances can be deceiving these days. And I completely understand about having things in common. Although, it's hard to find things I have in common with anyone. That's a really good post. It really makes me think. =)

Old 05-17-2007, 08:06 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times
Annnnd...what if the older man was say...immature kinda...and the younger woman was say...more on the mature side...age being more a state of mind than a number...

Old 05-17-2007, 09:38 PM

549 posts, read 2,385,065 times
Of course there are always expections Rance. That is what life is about as well. Yet one can't deny the physicality of the human body and how that comes into play. Let's face it everyone has a "type" to a certain extent. Some only date redheads, or others like the biker chicks just to list a few. For example I look like a doe-eye ingenue from the 60's with my long hair, longer legs and cute little dress with flats. That seems to either attract, luxocrats, young hipsters and older gentlmen who came of age in the mid 60's. The appeal comes form different reasons, but they gravitate towards that aesthetic. While the guy that prefers the Pam Anderson look will not give me the time of day. Middle-age men and upwards tend to favor the whole "blonde" look for a myriad of reasons. They think it's less threating, some are the enternal bachelors, others were married and went through a mental crisis where they need to feel cool and hip again like they did in their early 20's. So to get this validation again, they normally ditch the 1st wife and go for the young girl. Who they think can easily be persuaded and won't challenge them like a an assertive strong woman. The thing is that the girl could be his daughter, or grandaughter in some instances and they know it. When you see a couple out and about everyone knows thats a "parking meter situation". Those trophy wives are waiting for the guy to put more and more money in, or else they dash when the money expires.

Old 05-17-2007, 10:56 PM

A parking meter situation! We're all in a parking meter situation...the instant we're born!

Ok...cool...I was just thinking out loud...

Old 05-17-2007, 11:35 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,785,636 times
Oh, Rance, I think you're just looking for confirmation that it's okay to hit on a young thing and not be looked at as an old fart for doing so!!

Hey, if she's into you, then go for it -- if not, then just be friends -- but don't hit on her ('cause it's really creepy when a guy does that if you aren't into him that way).

Make sure you have plenty of change for that meter, though!!

Old 05-18-2007, 12:32 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Okay, so here is what happened to me in my early thirties. There was this guy in his 60s who was interested in me. I didn't realize that he was interested in THAT way (after all, I wasn't attracted to him, and I figured he knew that).

We attended a common organization, and we got to talking afterwards, and we lived near each other, and I made the mistake of asking him in for tea. He wanted to know if I would give him a foot massage, because the organization was about holistic health. So, I agreed I'd give him a foot massage.

Now, remember, this guy was in his 60s -- 30 years older than me. So, I told him I was going to the kitchen to make the tea. When I returned about 10 minutes later, there he was on my living room floor....and I swear this is true....TOTALLY NAKED!!!

I was freaked!!

I shouted at him: "I was only going to give you a FOOT massage!!" He said, "But I want to be comfortable....."

I was pretty distraught, but I tried to keep my cool, and I started to give him this "foot massage," but he, of course, wanted more...... I waivered between trying to be polite and trying to stay out of his grasp.

Fortunately, God came out of the Heavens and this guy suddenly remembered that he had to get to the train station to pick someone up! He jumped up -- naked and "dangling" and called the train station. The train was late, but he had to go.....Oh, poor thing.....had to get dressed.

Anyway, I sweated through that one. I never put myself in that situation again. Was that one weird night!!!!

Thanks W. I needed that laugh

Sometimes it can work. It is not a general thing though - I think it depends on personality. 40 yr old woman w/ a 60 yr old man- could be a real thing. I dont think its just a money thing, unless people are complete narcissists.

Old 05-18-2007, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Oh, Rance, I think you're just looking for confirmation that it's okay to hit on a young thing and not be looked at as an old fart for doing so!!

Hey, if she's into you, then go for it -- if not, then just be friends -- but don't hit on her ('cause it's really creepy when a guy does that if you aren't into him that way).

Make sure you have plenty of change for that meter, though!!
No I'm not hitting on her...she's taller than me...and into martial arts! She told me, she was aware of my age before she ever contacted me, as I made it a point to ensure she knew it. At this stage...our ages are not an issue. A country girl that loves snow, fishing, hiking. Sigh...perhaps there is a God?
I'm not the kind of guy to hit on women. I'd much rather have a lasting friendship than a one night stand type thing...and have a lady never look me in the eye again. I learned long ago...if I treat a lady right...I can get a hug and a smile...every time we meet. Can I get an amen brethren?

So with your blessing Wisteria...I'm going to Sweden in August! (please say yes, oh please please please!)

Old 05-18-2007, 09:34 AM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,785,636 times
Quote:
Rance: So with your blessing Wisteria...I'm going to Sweden in August! (please say yes, oh please please please!)
My son, you are blessed!!

P.S. And have fun! (If she hit on you, then you're on your way! That's how it should be -- let the lady do the choosing!) Good for you and fill us in later!

Old 05-18-2007, 09:48 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,162,101 times
Gosh Rance. What has this forum done to you! I am flabbergasted.
For someone who hasn't travelled much in his life, first you're getting a motorhome to come to the Florida Keys (and picking up a bunch of us while you're at it), and now you're going to SWEDEN too?

What are you going to announce next? :-))))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships