Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 12:29 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times

Advertisements

he thinks you are hot but he just does not like being a doormat with you.
giving you everything you want gets old fast. but for you gets comfortable soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 12:37 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,116,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
he thinks you are hot but he just does not like being a doormat with you.
giving you everything you want gets old fast. but for you gets comfortable soon.
Excuse me? He's texting=not communicating, he's constantly cancelling=not spending time with her, she has to call him to make plans=she isn't a priority for him.

Where do you get he's a doormat for her?

Old 05-10-2009, 12:37 PM

431 posts, read 2,125,980 times
He's just not that into you!! Sounds cliche, but it's true. He wants to keep you interested and not cut you off so that you can always be a backup girl. Don't waste your time. You really haven't invested much of your time at this point so it's best to cut him off now. Please, do yourself a favor, and don't put too much thought into it. I have learned the hard way myself. We women have a tendency to sit around trying to rationalize things and believe all of their pathetic lies. When a man is really interested, it will be clear as day. No texting. No games. No B.S. Like I tell my girlfriends when they meet guys like this.. "NEXT!!"

Old 05-10-2009, 12:58 PM

454 posts, read 688,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Some people don't like talking on the phone. Some people don't feel the need to call for a one or two sentence message.
I must say, I dont mind a guy who texts. Sometimes even I dont want to be on the phone. But if he can still see me while he's at it then fine. This guy didnt even make the effort. Thats why I said only texts

Anyway, as an update (fairly quickly) after reading the 1st 2 replies last night, and more on POF, I decided to just (text) end it. I told him that "I'm not interested anymore and that he is boring me now and every weekend is an excuse. And to forget about it". He replied saying "if thats the way I want it then I dont ever have to worry about him contacting me again".

Good! Why would I be worried? If I can wait 4 weekends to see him then I can keep it up for good. I gave him 3 chances. And I watched how as the weekend rolled around he didnt even bother to set plans or text me or nothing. Then he texts me at 3:30 am to say goodnight?

By the way, no this isnt in Conneticut lol.

Huckleberry: Listen, I dont ask for these things he would offer them. For example, on the last date although I asked him for ideas of where to go since I'm not familiar with the area, he kept asking me, what do I want to do. if anything he was making himself a doormat by always letting me run the show.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:20 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Okay, so we've agreed that it's not the texting that's the issue. The issue is that he always has an excuse not to actually see you/meet up with you.

I've had that same problem, and told her when she was ready to get in touch with me, she had my number, give me a call. She hasn't called yet.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:29 PM

454 posts, read 688,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
The issue is that he always has an excuse not to actually see you/meet up with you.
exactly. But I'm not the slightest bit worried. I always have guys after me, not to sound arrogant but I'm just saying. If he doesnt someone else will.

I'm not waiting for his call. And it comes to mind, on our last date he spent like 10 minutes on the phone during our dinner and then told me that his mom had just up and left the state. Yeah right, probably was his wife/girlfriend.

I think I need to stay away from men who are online on a weekend night. Because if they are home on a weekend night online then something must be wrong. Eventually it shows up somewhere along the line. Like some have said, you have to wonder why they are 'single'.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:48 PM

390 posts, read 905,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLATINQT View Post
He's just not that into you!! Sounds cliche, but it's true. He wants to keep you interested and not cut you off so that you can always be a backup girl. Don't waste your time. You really haven't invested much of your time at this point so it's best to cut him off now. Please, do yourself a favor, and don't put too much thought into it. I have learned the hard way myself. We women have a tendency to sit around trying to rationalize things and believe all of their pathetic lies. When a man is really interested, it will be clear as day. No texting. No games. No B.S. Like I tell my girlfriends when they meet guys like this.. "NEXT!!"
Great post. Honest, to the point and sooo true!

Old 05-10-2009, 01:51 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,740,833 times
I agree with everyone here who says there are other women and he wants you on his hook. ChessieMom said it right! Don't spend another minute of thought on this guy.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:55 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,116,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
I must say, I dont mind a guy who texts. Sometimes even I dont want to be on the phone. But if he can still see me while he's at it then fine. This guy didnt even make the effort. Thats why I said only texts

Anyway, as an update (fairly quickly) after reading the 1st 2 replies last night, and more on POF, I decided to just (text) end it. I told him that "I'm not interested anymore and that he is boring me now and every weekend is an excuse. And to forget about it". He replied saying "if thats the way I want it then I dont ever have to worry about him contacting me again".

Good! Why would I be worried? If I can wait 4 weekends to see him then I can keep it up for good. I gave him 3 chances. And I watched how as the weekend rolled around he didnt even bother to set plans or text me or nothing. Then he texts me at 3:30 am to say goodnight?

By the way, no this isnt in Conneticut lol.

Huckleberry: Listen, I dont ask for these things he would offer them. For example, on the last date although I asked him for ideas of where to go since I'm not familiar with the area, he kept asking me, what do I want to do. if anything he was making himself a doormat by always letting me run the show.
Good for you!

Old 05-10-2009, 01:57 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
Very true. Thanks for pointing the obvious out

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Excuse me? He's texting=not communicating, he's constantly cancelling=not spending time with her, she has to call him to make plans=she isn't a priority for him.

Where do you get he's a doormat for her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships