Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 10:06 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,969,846 times

Advertisements

How can you have a random conversation if you look like this.

http://xs319.xs.to/xs319/07390/ugly_trailer_park_woman.jpg (broken link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Yeah, that's true too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 10:09 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,194,757 times
Default "Just say hi" isn't working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanosphere View Post
What comes after "hi?"
Small talk. After you make that initial contact, you have to be able to make some small talk with them.

Obviously, YOU are the one that is interested in meeting them. If you didn't say hi to them, they would have never make the effort to meet you. Therefore, the burden is on YOU to make yourself seem fun and charming to them. You are the one that has to show them why they would want you as a friend or a guy to date.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:26 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,400,036 times
Easy, ask them an innocuous question.

If you're really shy/nervous then start small. After they say "hi" back you could ask:
"Do you have the time?"
"Do you know how to get to such and such from here?"
"Have you ever posed for Playboy?"
j/k about that last one!

Better yet look for something about what she's doing or buying that you're honestly interested in and ask about that. That way you can have a brief chat about a common interest without getting too personal.

If she responds positively then that would be a good moment to make some funny observation about the topic at hand. Not an actual joke per se, just point out something cute to see if you can get her to smile or giggle.

I'll give you a real life example from just the other day that included some of these elements. Keep in mind I was just going about my business, I wasn't out looking for opportunities to chat anyone up. I was in line at the supermarket and the cashier asked the girl ahead of me if she wanted a bag. She said yes, but then the cashier said: "Are you aware you have to pay for them now?" (Canada just started charging for plastic grocery bags) and the girl said: "Yeah but it's what? Like 5 cents?" So she give sit to her and off she goes.

I stepped up and as the cashier (female) is ringing my stuff up she asks if I want a bag. And I say: "No! Are you kidding? I can't afford 5 cents!" She looked at me to see if I was serious, which I obviously wasn't, and she laughed and gave me this big sweet smile

Little things like that go a long way toward having women warm up to you. But I agree that it can be very hard to do something even this small if you're specifically going out looking.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:26 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,739,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
Hot chick walks into a room with a bag that has french designs on it (Eiffel tower etc.)

ME: Wow, that is a really cool paris bag you have. Where did you get it?

girl: My friend bought it for me when I was in french class.

Me: That is so cool I thought you went to paris or something, have you ever been to paris?

Girl: No, but I always wanted to go *girl starts blabbing*

*after 5 minutes of chat like the above*

Me: Hey, it was nice chatting with you. You seem like an interesting person. Call me some time *hand her a peice of paper with your number on it*. I have to go to the gym.
The darkened part, that's exactly how it has to go

Keep trying, Cyan, you'll get better with encounter after encounter

Old 05-10-2009, 10:49 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,400,036 times
LOL the best part of killer's advice is that when the girl realizes you're a lying manipulative ass, she'll want to sleep with you even more

Old 05-10-2009, 11:04 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,739,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
LOL the best part of killer's advice is that when the girl realizes you're a lying manipulative ass, she'll want to sleep with you even more
I also think that if one ever goes to the Cafe, not to drink coffee, but land a girlfriend, it's never gonna happen

Old 05-11-2009, 12:22 AM

232 posts, read 594,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
Did I not tell you what to do? Like an idiot you COMPLETELY ignored me. Most of the other posters are female and have absolutely no experience in dating women. That is what happens when you take women's advice on dating: you get stepped on and pushed to the side. Women live in a fantasy land and men live in reality. Just the way it is.

My advice was to find something unique about the person and talk about that. Just ask them questions, women LOVE to talk about themselves. If you just get them talking about themselves it will work good for you. After 5 minutes of blabbing tell them you have to go and give them your contact information. TELL them to call you or add you on myspace/facebook. When you leave tell them you are going to some place cool (like law class, the gym, etc.)

Once you've got second contact you need to start being more sexual with me. Use indirect sexual comments like how good their physical features look. You need to make it important to show that you have a sexual interest in them otherwise you'll get pushed to the friend zone. After that second contact you can gauge their views on sex and relationships. If they give any signs of being a prude, get out. If their emphasis is on having a good time and having fun that is a good sign.

Don't be too hard on yourself, just have fun with it. When you are having fun and enjoying yourself you will present yourself as being more confident. You'll mess up the first couple time but after a while you'll gain experience at it and it will be problem for you. I've chatted up hundreds of women and it is no problem for me anymore.
Well sorry, but your advice was a little vague as well. "Don't look away." Easier said than done! How do you fight that initial shyness to look her straight in the eye and keep from fumbling.

"Wow, that smells good, what is that?" She said "Pad Thai." I say "Alright..." And then what?

"Excuse me but what are you reading? The cover looks interesting?" First off, I don't think I could ever honestly say this; I've never found anything that women read to be remotely interesting.

"Your bag looks cool, where did you buy it?" She says "Forever 21." Then what?

How do I make myself interesting without sounding like I'm bragging?

Old 05-11-2009, 12:29 AM

232 posts, read 594,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
A+ for trying. How far away are you when you say "Hi"?
At the super market today, I said "hi" when ever a girl was within 4 or 5 feet within me walking past me in the opposite direction. A couple of more times if they're in line right in front of me there, the cafe and the bar.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:33 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,860,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
These are useful traits to pass on to your children. Its all genetics.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:42 AM

219 posts, read 736,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
How can you have a random conversation if you look like this.

http://xs319.xs.to/xs319/07390/ugly_trailer_park_woman.jpg (broken link)
Artsyguy
Now that is to funny is that the killer stud on CD that brags how to bang a chick in 30 Seconds
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships