Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 05:16 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,517,568 times

Advertisements

Oh, and I do have nice clothes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 05:23 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,734,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Actually, it's spelled "wigs"..."Whig" was a political party long ago. Like the Toupee party. Not to be confused with a Tupperware Party.

Hell, I am serious. Not all of us are superficial women. Some of us would like a guy to talk to over a Starbucks.

You want me to go away, and I find that funny. I hope you find what you are looking for. Jeesh.
Neb, mea culpa on the typo. But no mea culpa, really. I'm a history geek, and am into word play, big time. I put the "h" in intentionally for I'm a big admirer of the crazy wigs (perhaps they had another name for it?) of the redcoats - the one worn by walpole, pitt the younger, colonial judiciary etc. If I'm ever getting a wig, that's the kind that I want

Appreciate the superficial women comment. It's definitely a ray of hope for the unattractive freaks

Let me escape velocity your orbital velocity. Would you care to bring other saucers for a war of the worlds armageddon?

In the name of HG Wells, feel free to infest my world with those from yours

Old 05-11-2009, 05:36 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
Did I not tell you what to do? Like an idiot you COMPLETELY ignored me. Most of the other posters are female and have absolutely no experience in dating women. That is what happens when you take women's advice on dating: you get stepped on and pushed to the side. Women live in a fantasy land and men live in reality. Just the way it is.

My advice was to find something unique about the person and talk about that. Just ask them questions, women LOVE to talk about themselves. If you just get them talking about themselves it will work good for you. After 5 minutes of blabbing tell them you have to go and give them your contact information. TELL them to call you or add you on myspace/facebook. When you leave tell them you are going to some place cool (like law class, the gym, etc.)

Once you've got second contact you need to start being more sexual with me. Use indirect sexual comments like how good their physical features look. You need to make it important to show that you have a sexual interest in them otherwise you'll get pushed to the friend zone. After that second contact you can gauge their views on sex and relationships. If they give any signs of being a prude, get out. If their emphasis is on having a good time and having fun that is a good sign.

Don't be too hard on yourself, just have fun with it. When you are having fun and enjoying yourself you will present yourself as being more confident. You'll mess up the first couple time but after a while you'll gain experience at it and it will be problem for you. I've chatted up hundreds of women and it is no problem for me anymore.

wrong wrong and wrong. That is way too generic. This is how you do it.

Hot chick walks into a room with a bag that has french designs on it (Eiffel tower etc.)

ME: Wow, that is a really cool paris bag you have. Where did you get it?

girl: My friend bought it for me when I was in french class.

Me: That is so cool I thought you went to paris or something, have you ever been to paris?

Girl: No, but I always wanted to go *girl starts blabbing*

*after 5 minutes of chat like the above*

Me: Hey, it was nice chatting with you. You seem like an interesting person. Call me some time *hand her a peice of paper with your number on it*. I have to go to the gym.
While I don't agree with Killer's ideas about women (for instance, it's MEN who love to talk about themselves!! They'll go on for HOURS if we don't shut them up!) I do agree on his Paris example. You need to find something about the person that is interesting and unique, or something that the two of you could have in common, that you can start a casual non-threatening conversation about. Really, this is how many people start conversations...it's quite natural. Give it a shot.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Neb, mea culpa on the typo. But no mea culpa, really. I'm a history geek, and am into word play, big time. I put the "h" in intentionally for I'm a big admirer of the crazy wigs (perhaps they had another name for it?) of the redcoats - the one worn by walpole, pitt the younger, colonial judiciary etc. If I'm ever getting a wig, that's the kind that I want

Appreciate the superficial women comment. It's definitely a ray of hope for the unattractive freaks

Let me escape velocity your orbital velocity. Would you care to bring other saucers for a war of the worlds armageddon?

In the name of HG Wells, feel free to infest my world with those from yours

I am a political junky and a history nut. I am a closet geology buff. Closet, because if a woman likes anything scientific, it scares men off.

Bet you loved the Time Machine.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
While I don't agree with Killer's ideas about women (for instance, it's MEN who love to talk about themselves!! They'll go on for HOURS if we don't shut them up!) I do agree on his Paris example. You need to find something about the person that is interesting and unique, that you can start a casual non-threatening conversation about. Really, this is how many people start conversations...it's quite natural. Give it a shot.

To me, there is a difference between someone talking about things they like, revealing themselves, and the ones who are self-absorbed.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:45 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,963,301 times
You are one in a thousand

Quote:

Hell, I am serious. Not all of us are superficial women. Some of us would like a guy to talk to over a Starbucks.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:46 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times
Quote:
To me, there is a difference between someone talking about things they like, revealing themselves, and the ones who are self-absorbed.
Absolutely there is. I have met many that are self-absorbed and I could be half asleep and they would still be rambling on about themselves. Those, I can do without. The others, I adore.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:01 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,014,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
While I don't agree with Killer's ideas about women (for instance, it's MEN who love to talk about themselves!! They'll go on for HOURS if we don't shut them up!) I do agree on his Paris example. You need to find something about the person that is interesting and unique, or something that the two of you could have in common, that you can start a casual non-threatening conversation about. Really, this is how many people start conversations...it's quite natural. Give it a shot.
Yeap.. I have a t-shirt.. it says.. "enough talk about you.. lets talk about me now"

Old 05-11-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
You are one in a thousand
Thank you. I wish the last guy thought that way. I found out after a month of dating that he lived with a girfriend. When I found out, he decided to end it. I asked him how he could say all those things to me that he said, and he said he found it "exciting."

He claimed he was trapped, that she didn't work and had no where to go. I found that odd, as I work weird hours just to be employed and stay afloat.

So he chose to stay with someone who wouldn't work or have sex with him. If that is true, I'm insulted.

He deserves an Academy Award for lying. The sad thing was, I felt connected to him when I was with him. Now, I question how I can ever tell if someone is lying.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:08 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,963,301 times
Wow. Maybe you are just a connected person.

Quote:
Thank you. I wish the last guy thought that way. I found out after a month of dating that he lived with a girfriend. When I found out, he decided to end it. I asked him how he could say all those things to me that he said, and he said he found it "exciting."

He claimed he was trapped, that she didn't work and had no where to go. I found that odd, as I work weird hours just to be employed and stay afloat.

So he chose to stay with someone who wouldn't work or have sex with him. If that is true, I'm insulted.

He deserves an Academy Award for lying. The sad thing was, I felt connected to him when I was with him. Now, I question how I can ever tell if someone is lying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships