Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 09:52 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,523,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
Well I was trying to encourage you with a story of someone else who felt similarly to what you expressed in your original post that I was responding to. But obviously that didn't work out quite as I expected. So I'll just apologize for any offense (absolutely NONE was intended in any way) and leave you be.

Stop trying to lecture me. It's condescending and pushy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 10:19 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,400,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Stop trying to lecture me. It's condescending and pushy.
Oh stop! As much as I love your sweet banter, I think you're just teasing me now

Old 05-11-2009, 10:25 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,755,909 times
neb, you might wanna unleash some pepper spray

Old 05-11-2009, 10:27 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,516,738 times
i hear you. its the glass wall, i have been going to dances for 15 years and going home alone.
the good news im dancing really well.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:28 PM

232 posts, read 594,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I think that you are so unsure of yourself as potential dating material, that your awkwardness is showing to them.
Maybe.

I don't know why I've had trouble keeping my confidence up around girls recently.

I used to (key words are USED TO) have it pretty easy with girls. I used to have a job that enabled me to meet and date tonnes and tonnes of girls (I used to work in a women's fashion store).

Not to brag, but I know that I'm attractive, at least physically; I used to get complimented and hit on all the time at my old job.

But the problem is, since I was in a job that allowed me to talk to tonnes of women every day, I never had to learn how to, I dunno, "make" or "convince" the girls who weren't interested to like me. I could always sit back and wait for the ones where already interested right off the bat to come to me, which was pretty often.

But the store I worked at went out of business several months ago and I've been out of that job for a while. I'm not meeting anywhere near as many girls as I used to, and I realized that instead of waiting for that 2% who is already interested to come to me first, I have to learn how to get that other 98% interested on my own by making the first move.

Quote:
I think that you might want to start off by trying to meet some girls and mentally you putting them in YOUR friend zone. Once you get more comfortable around women and get used to small talking to them, then go the next level of approaching them more romantically.
It's so hard to make friends with girls.

How many girls go back to a dudes house to do jagger bombs and play video games?

How many girls will sit with a guy and just watch other girls walk by and comment on their "assets" all day?

How many girls will laugh when a dude belches in her face and punches her in the arm?

Not that I'm a crude slob, but these are things guys who are really friends do.

If a girl can't do this with a guy, are they really friends?

Quote:
Plus, do you have any idea of what kind of girl would make you a good girlfriend? Just as you are different inside from your guy friends in personality and interests, women are different too. I suspect that you are only saying hi to the pretty girls with no clue as to what they are like inside.
The truth is, I'm not really looking for "my soul mate" or "the one."

I'm not looking for the girl I'm looking to spend the rest of my life with. I'm not looking for the "ying to my yang."

I don't particularly care if a girl's a math major or a business major or an art major. I don't care if she's a receptionist or a barista just goes to school. I don't care if she's the silly, outgoing type, the sweet innocent type or the bold, raunchy type.

I just want a girl who's pretty, who won't withhold sex and who won't try to use me for expensive dates or gifts and what not.

Unfortunately, that was too much to ask of a lot of the girls I've dated recently.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Maybe it's your appearance that's putting them off? If you look like Charles Manson or The Nutty Professor, then I can see where "Hi" just wouldn't cut it. I'm not saying you have to look like a GQ model, but is your wardrobe up to date (no highwaters or white socks with black shoes), do you practice good hygiene (clean fingernails, hair, clothes etc.)
... ... ... ???

no, no, and no.

I like to rub bacon grease all over my face whenever I go out.

I also like wear bell bottoms and member's only jackets with cigarette burns in them, along with shoes that don't match.

I also make sure not to shower for 4 days whenever talking to a girl, and make sure to wedge as much garlic between my teeth as possible.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:37 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,516,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanosphere View Post
... ... ... ???

no, no, and no.

I like to rub bacon grease all over my face whenever I go out.

I also like wear bell bottoms and member's only jackets with cigarette burns in them, along with shoes that don't match.

I also make sure not to shower for 4 days whenever talking to a girl, and make sure to wedge as much garlic between my teeth as possible.

the garlic thats it thats it, i knew it was something.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Are you in college?

I would think you could have many opportunities to enter into a conversation in that environment.
I'm studying biochemistry and chemistry, and I can tell you that young girls don't exactly flock to those fields.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Pam View Post
Ok....so you want to know what to say after you say hello?? Scenario: You are in the grocery store near the pasta sauce. You see a pretty girl and you smile and say hello, then stand there and look like you can't decide which sauce to choose...ask her what she would recommend. Goes something like this, YOU: "There are so many brands of sauce here I can't decide which one to choose; what do you use" HER: "I use Ragu or whatever is on sale". YOU: "Oh, I have never tried that, is it good?" AND it goes from there.

Scenario #2: You are in the Cafe reading a book and drinking a coffee, you see a pretty girl at the next table so you smile at her and say hi. Then you get up, get another coffee and "accidently" spill a little bit near her..you put your coffee on her table and ask her for a napkin while apologizing all over the place and telling her how clumsy you are at the same time..keep smiling. Then you say, "Hi my name is-------and I am so sorry". "Can I buy you another coffee or would you like to join me for coffee?" Keep babbling and looking apologetic..women love it when a man is falling all over himself...this one worked with me. We both started laughing.

Anyhow, you can't expect any woman to just immediately start to talk with you after you only say hi...you have to have some imagination and take the conversation further after that. Extend your personality out there a little bit, make her laugh, ask for her advice, compliment her...but talk more!!
I like the first one

Old 05-11-2009, 10:44 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,755,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanosphere View Post
I'm studying biochemistry and chemistry, and I can tell you that young girls don't exactly flock to those fields.
Dude, generate your own element, hotgirlium. Add that to the rare gases section of the periodic table, alongside Xe, Ar, He etc.

Who wants to do symbol notation? Hg is already taken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships