Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 06:01 PM

606 posts, read 699,307 times

Advertisements

yes,but I don't have.
I'm not lucky than others,most of my lifetime
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2007, 04:27 PM

45 posts, read 130,712 times
I beleive a soulmate could be a number of persons, who come into your life, to teach you and/ or help you through some of life's lessons on the road to your ultimate journey.

Old 11-03-2007, 04:33 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
I do believe in it. Do I believe that you will find him/her? No I dont. in all hopes you will find eachother.

maybe you hope the one you are with is, but deepdown you know they are not.

When I first started dating my stbx I knew he was the one. We loved eachother. 16 years later and looking back, he was not my soulmate. I never really felt he was, I always thought we would be together forever, but alas, some things happen for a reason, and some things happen......

There was a reason for us, our children , and we loved eachother for a long time. He may still want to be with me. I dont know what he wants.

Soulmates, no. So is there someone out there for me? My soulmate? Possibly.

Old 11-03-2007, 04:36 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
I don't believe there is only ONE right person for you. How would that be fair, if that ONE person was killed tragically BEFORE you meet them, then that means you live your whole life alone or with someone you are not suited for?

Old 11-03-2007, 04:55 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,401,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Do You Believe in "Soul Mates"? (The theory that there is only ONE person in the entire world that is right and meant for you) That you must keep on searching endlessly, for that needle in the haystack, until you find your perfect "other half"? (There are millions of people in this country alone, so you might be searching for a LOOOONNNNNG time!) I'm not saying I don't believe in it; I'm just not convinced that there aren't several others that would have worked out just as well...as the one I picked. I wonder if a lot of divorces happen because people think they screwed up and "got the wrong one", therefore have to start over and keep on looking for that "perfect" other half. Perhaps they expect way too much out of a relationship.
I'd say, if you can, try to make an honest effort to be happy with the one you have; look at their good traits and not their faults...after all, nobody is perfect...

Bud
Anytime a guy tells me he is looking for his soul mate, I hit the pavement running. This is a guy who is looking for his ideal nonexistent imaginary perfect partner. I don't want someone to idealize me. I want a relationship based on reality because the imaginary ones never last. There is a dark side to idealizations and sooner or later you come off that pedestal and suddenly you are the biggest monster that ever lived. No thanks.

Old 11-03-2007, 06:12 PM

786 posts, read 1,176,747 times
There is no one right person. You become the right person over time.

Old 11-03-2007, 06:19 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,952,077 times
Kip from Napoleon Dynamite does.

Old 11-03-2007, 06:46 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,515,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Do You Believe in "Soul Mates"? (The theory that there is only ONE person in the entire world that is right and meant for you) That you must keep on searching endlessly, for that needle in the haystack, until you find your perfect "other half"? (There are millions of people in this country alone, so you might be searching for a LOOOONNNNNG time!) I'm not saying I don't believe in it; I'm just not convinced that there aren't several others that would have worked out just as well...as the one I picked. I wonder if a lot of divorces happen because people think they screwed up and "got the wrong one", therefore have to start over and keep on looking for that "perfect" other half. Perhaps they expect way too much out of a relationship.
I'd say, if you can, try to make an honest effort to be happy with the one you have; look at their good traits and not their faults...after all, nobody is perfect...

Bud

No...because the perfect person for me could have lived 400 years ago in some other country. The assumption is the perfect match lives now, nearby, and is available. Your perfect person might not be available either.
I don't believe in a perfect person either, because people are so complex. I used to seek someone sane, that was the first requirement, but I don't look anymore. It's pretty dead where I live.

Old 11-03-2007, 07:17 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
I've had soul food, I've experienced soul music, I have soul....how can I find a soul mate? Wouldn't even want a soul MATE, since I'm beyond mating...but I woud love to find a soul man.

I would like to believe there is such a thing, but I think cynicism is increasing with age.

Old 11-03-2007, 07:23 PM

558 posts, read 2,249,139 times
I don't believe it's a pre-destined kind of thing. Two souls find each other, find a common ground, and become intertwined. It can happen as many times in a lifetime as is needed. It doesn't mean you'll automatically stay together; it means you work harder at being fair and loving so that you can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships