Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 05:10 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,549,955 times

Advertisements

What I meant by maturity is during the break-up. Will they blow up and create a hostile relationship? Or can they maintain a friendly relationship with their ex? If they are mature, even with frustration and hurt feelings they can still work together.

People who break up stop hanging out because they CAN stop hanging out. If a couple at work breaks up, they still have to spend time together. I know on the surface this can seem like a bad thing, but if they were mature in their break up and if they are emotionally stable and professional, they can maintain a professional attitude with their ex.

In general, everyone who thinks it's a bad idea to date a co-worker assumes that these relationships are doomed. That's a big assumption, one that I do not share.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 09:39 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,059,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
What are your thoughts?
I was involved in one before. I wouldn't suggest it if you don't like everyone in your business. I'm a very private person and so was he. We TRIED to keep our relationship under wraps, but it was difficult to do when people would see us talking in the hallways and going to lunch together all the time. It also seemed like a bunch of women would PURPOSELY throw themselves at him just to try to egg me on, too. It was funny because no one was even thinkin' about him until "I" started being seen talking to him and going out to lunch with him and stuff, ALL THE TIME. I hated it. Unfortunately, our relationship didn't last, but we were able to end it cordially, which is a blessing, because I know some office romances that did NOT end cordially, and it would get UGLY sometimes at work. That's another thing you have to think about. If you break up, then what? I know a girl, who went as far as quitting her job after her office romance ended badly. It was just too difficult having to see him and deal with him every day.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:19 PM

168 posts, read 532,482 times
My husband and I met at work and had an office affair. We've been married for 16 years now. I think it stands to reason that some end badly and others don't.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:37 PM

431 posts, read 2,127,430 times
My brother met his wife at work. She was his secretary. Happily married 5 yrs now and have a daughter. I think the key is to keep your business under wraps. Don't go to lunch every day so the whole office knows your business. You can meet at work but take care of your dating outside of work!

Old 05-14-2009, 07:54 PM

17,232 posts, read 57,193,172 times
Office affairs don't always blow up, but if they do somebody usually gets fragged.

Old 03-23-2016, 06:21 PM

1 posts, read 442 times
Default Marriage Ruined by Office Affair

My husband had an affair with the HR Manager. They have to keep it secret, and I'm sure they still do. I was married 24 years, and yes we had a few problems, but nothing that would keep us from fixing it. I love my husband very much, and would take him back. I met my husband at work, but we had different managers and worked in different departments. I'm so devastated and so our my children. Now he wants the OW to meet our children, but I know my youngest son will not. She has three kids and he says he loves her. My question is how do I get him back? Maybe I'm stupid, but I'm a very forgiving person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships