Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 10:30 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,944 times

Advertisements

a couple weeks ago, as the spring semester was winding down, I got partnered up with a couple cute girls for this heath/wellness project. I didn't think much of it. This is college and cute girls are everywhere. Anyway, we all exchange email addresses to keep in touch with each other. I was responsible for putting together a survey. I attach the file, keep everything project specific, and foward it out to all the group members.

A couple days later, I get a response from one of the cute girls back. She keeps everything project related, double checks on what time we are supposed to meet in the library, and ends her message to me with her name and directly below it "your groupie http://boards.askmen.com/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif (broken link)".

I don't take the bait. I confirm we are meeting at seven and tell her good luck with whatever computer problems she was experiencing (mentioned in the previous email).

She returns the email once again asking if we are in fact meeting today. I confirm the meeting is for this evening and I'll see you soon. This time I include a http://boards.askmen.com/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif (broken link) at her.

At the meeting, she ends up sitting next to me, but there is absolutely nothing there. No real eye contact even. Maybe she's shy. I dunno. I don't care. I'm not really looking for anything from her anyway.

She misses class the next day, so I send her an email filling her in on what she missed and when we were gunna meet up again. We exchange a couple more emails, all project related, and then I leave her with my number in case she has any more questions since I wont be near a computer the rest of the day. This happens Wednesday.

She texts me Saturday, the day of our second meeting, and keeps it all project related. Small talk is made and I ask her why her parents named her Audray instead of Audrey. We converse a little more and meet up. She sits by me again and there is nothing once again. I think I made her laugh a couple times but other then that, there is absolutely nothing. I text her later that night after our meeting and get cricket chirps. I do the same thing Sunday morning and get cricket chirps again. I can take a hint. I don't text her again.

She texts me later Sunday and asks if I've sent her my finished slide for the project. I tell her no. She texts the same thing monday. I tell her I'm having a beer at my buddy's and that I'll get it to her soon. I see her on my way to the library. She's on the phone (she's always on it). We say hi, I quickly email her the slide and leave. 15 minutes later, I get a text from which slide she was supposed to use and whether or not I was still in the library. I tell her to use the one without the clip art and tell her I'm halfway to Hico (the next town south and close to where I live). Perhaps a better text would have been why do you wanna know, but I was driving. Her response, "oh gee... well be careful." I tell her it's okay, I only had one beer. She continues to ask me if I'm sure the slide I sent her via email is the one I want to use for the project.

Here's where I call her bluff. I figure she's probably just messin with me. I text, "Put the cards on the table hun. I'm leavin in two days. You either like me or you don't." She responds that she is just trying to make sure she is using the right slide. I text "You're funny. It's whatever. Good bye, good night."

She responds with a good night. She texts the next day asking whether or not I have a USB. I don't respond. Nothing is ever said between us again since. Women...

I suppose there was a slight chance she was into me. I mean, I never gave her the slightest hint I was into her other then sending her a small talk text saturday night and sunday around noon. I don't know. Still, what kind of a girl signs off an otherwise project related email as "your groupie =)"? She was either genuinely interested, or the type that likes getting in a guys head. It's whatever though. Summer is here and I'm 200 miles from campus right now anyway. Time to hit the Guadalupe, Lake Travis, and some concerts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 10:44 AM

429 posts, read 1,148,527 times
I think she was interested; as in, she'd like to get to know you better. But you seem the impatient type, so you may not be well-suited to each other.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:56 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneee View Post
I think she was interested; as in, she'd like to get to know you better. But you seem the impatient type, so you may not be well-suited to each other.
well, summer was approaching fast, and I'm not one to beat around the bush when it comes to figuring out whether a girl is into me or not. I dunno. Maybe I'll see her around again this fall. Funny, once we did get partnered up, I saw her all the time around campus, but before then, I never really did. Any way the wind blows, I'm gunna be feelin good.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:04 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
I know that a lot of what goes on between people cannot be easily conveyed in writing on an anonymous forum, but I am not seeing anything flirty coming from this girl. Did she smile? Blush? Laugh a lot and play with her hair? Look you in the eyes? It looks to me like she was all business, sorry.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:06 AM

5,554 posts, read 6,741,430 times
I don't see anything there at all either.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:32 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,742,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
I suppose there was a slight chance she was into me.
I read your whole post - it doesn't seem likely to me.

You have to be careful with those group projects in college; I had some real hotties in my groups, and they'd try and flirt their way out of having to do any work. So, yeah, in that sense it was "Just business."

Old 05-12-2009, 11:40 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Here's where I call her bluff. I figure she's probably just messin with me. I text, "Put the cards on the table hun. I'm leavin in two days. You either like me or you don't." She responds that she is just trying to make sure she is using the right slide. I text "You're funny. It's whatever. Good bye, good night."
I guess you misread the hand. I don't see anything either.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:51 AM

1,402 posts, read 3,502,249 times
There wasn't anything there on her end, but you misconstrued her "your groupie" comment to mean she was into you. I'm also guessing you did something at the next meeting that showed that you were interested in her. She caught on what had happened and was acting like a cold fish in order to not lead you on anymore.

To add injury to insult, you didn't catch on with the cold fish attitude and laid all of your cards out on the table by texting and asking straight out if she was interested in you. To make matters even worse, you got all huffy when she didn't text back with your "its whatever" comment. You got caught out in the open with your pants down and and now look all the more of a dweeb because of the huffy comment.

Sorry about laying it so directly, but you did ask....next time try playing it a bit more cool...

Old 05-12-2009, 11:59 AM

1,402 posts, read 3,502,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
well, summer was approaching fast, and I'm not one to beat around the bush when it comes to figuring out whether a girl is into me or not. I dunno.
Here's the thing: You might call it being direct; what it sounded like was an ultimatum. Women and ultimatums don't mix as a general rule. Me thinks you might have botched this one and you should move on. Don't hold out that the situation will look any better in the Fall.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:45 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,399,429 times
You could have flirted back to the "your groupie" thing right away if you were interested, but instead you choose to ignore it and to act cold yourself. Even if she was interested, it sounds like you did everything you could to convince her to go away, why are you surprised that she did?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships