Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 08:58 PM

37,718 posts, read 46,158,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Does anybody read around here?!

The guy said:
You beat me to it.

I think their brain can't deal with the "does not want sex" part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 09:01 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,262,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I think their brain can't deal with the "does not want sex" part.
Must be... mind stuck in the gutter at all times!

Old 05-20-2009, 10:55 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,710,398 times
I don't know how you have a summer fling without sex. I thought that's what summer flings are for?

Old 05-20-2009, 11:51 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,083,711 times
Quote:

The guy said:
Well ... he did say "summer fling". Why bring the word "sex" into the post at all if it was really about dancing?

Old 05-21-2009, 01:05 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,526,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Relationships in your twenties have virtually zero meaning or depth. People in their twenties think a relationship is holding hands out in public at some stupid bookstore and purchasing each other flowers for Valentines Day. Oh, I almost forgot, passionless sex is involved. The guy is finished in 3 minutes, rolls over, passes gas, and goes to sleep snoring his face off, as the chick lays there unsatisfied and feeling ignored.

There is so much more to sexuality than that too. I am surprised at the people who don't pursue anything else. For me, sex is the relief at the end of the erotic/arousal road. It isn't the whole trip.

But I am getting more and more convinced that guys like really bland sex, because from posts on here and other forums, they pick women who either do not like sex, or very limited styles.

Which is odd, because they lead you to believe they want a lot of wild sex. How confusing.

Old 05-21-2009, 01:24 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,517,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
I'm debating whether or not to pursue one. I really could use some guidance in regards to learning how to dance (I got the basics of two stepping down, but with a good partner, I could get better and learn all the different ways to spin/twirl a girl around a dance hall). Sex would probably complicate things, so it's not something I'm lookin for (good luck finding a woman that will agree to that). I guess the perfect candidate would be in her upper 20's and recently divorced. Anyone ever have a relationship similar to what I'm describing? Closer then a friend, but not quite a lover so to speak. What did you learn from it? Any regrets? I wanna hear about the good, the bad, and the ugly.
I had to read that 10 times to make sure I read correctly. Then I looked at your age. Then I read it again.

what...the...****ing...hell???

edit: and then I read your profile and again I say....

what the ****ing hell??????

Old 05-21-2009, 11:41 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,191,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
I'm debating whether or not to pursue one. I really could use some guidance in regards to learning how to dance (I got the basics of two stepping down, but with a good partner, I could get better and learn all the different ways to spin/twirl a girl around a dance hall). Sex would probably complicate things, so it's not something I'm lookin for (good luck finding a woman that will agree to that). I guess the perfect candidate would be in her upper 20's and recently divorced. Anyone ever have a relationship similar to what I'm describing? Closer then a friend, but not quite a lover so to speak. What did you learn from it? Any regrets? I wanna hear about the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Relationships in your twenties have virtually zero meaning or depth. People in their twenties think a relationship is holding hands out in public at some stupid bookstore and purchasing each other flowers for Valentines Day. Oh, I almost forgot, passionless sex is involved. The guy is finished in 3 minutes, rolls over, passes gas, and goes to sleep snoring his face off, as the chick lays there unsatisfied and feeling ignored.
Quote:

The guy said:

Old 05-21-2009, 02:09 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,884,531 times
No sex. Is that so hard to swallow? I'm up to it. What's wrong with reserving yourself until you know she's something special?

Old 05-23-2009, 02:15 PM

22,621 posts, read 19,329,340 times
did i miss something, or did he say he wants a fling without sex? what's the point?

Old 05-23-2009, 02:18 PM

22,621 posts, read 19,329,340 times
ok so if he wants a fling with no sex, then dancing is the perfect venue.
Take lots of dance classes, go to lots of dances, and soon you will have a bevy of dance partners with romance and grace and beauty and music galore, and all of it safe because it is limited to the dance floor

it's very satsifying and delightful
that's why dance is so fun and people do it for several nights a week for many years on end, because it is so fulfilling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships