Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 04:22 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,190,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
I am glad to see a sense of humor is being retained, here
The one woman I dated for a year pinched my ass when she passed by me. I thought that was fairly clear-cut myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 04:27 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,154,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
The one woman I dated for a year pinched my ass when she passed by me. I thought that was fairly clear-cut myself.
I actually had a very funny and rather ......um...let's just say sensuous experience with a long time female friend and how she let me know she wanted to take it out of the Friend relm and into the intimacy relm. But I'd probably get banned for telling it

Old 05-26-2009, 04:40 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,190,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
I actually had a very funny and rather ......um...let's just say sensuous experience with a long time female friend and how she let me know she wanted to take it out of the Friend relm and into the intimacy relm. But I'd probably get banned for telling it
Funny thing is I think women have this giant stigma against it, as they're trying to completely relate as they see things as women perceiving an advance of that nature.

Even if in that case it wasn't a drunk woman I found hot and wished to date, I personally could care less. If it'd had been a 50yr old woman that did it drunkenly, gave me a smile and/or wink I'd just chuckle and possibly walk by her at some point during the evening and say "tease!" in a loud whisper with a smile and a wink.

Old 05-26-2009, 04:43 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
SO if u aprpaoch a women and she gives u no smile right away would it be safe to say get out of dodge??

Old 05-26-2009, 05:24 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,399,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
SO if u aprpaoch a women and she gives u no smile right away would it be safe to say get out of dodge??
Not necessarily. Not everyone smiles right away, and like I said very shy girls (with a sizable doze of self-consciousness) are sometimes unsure how to act and don't even think to just smile naturally.

Watch out how you smile too. You don't want a big goofy looking smile if you're trying to show you're attracted to her. A subtle smirk with a hint of mischievousness is way better.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:38 PM

5,510 posts, read 9,494,989 times
I have a huge disadvantage since I'm visually impaired. Someone could be sitting 20' away, and I couldn't tell for sure, if she was looking at me, or just in my general direction. And then, even if they're sitting next to me, I still couldn't clearly see these subtle facial expressions some are talking aobut.

Old 05-26-2009, 06:13 PM

2,168 posts, read 3,388,336 times
Another thing is if her arms are crossed when you first meet, that usually means she's not interested.

Arm brushing, smiling, tilting of the neck, and eye contact are all positive signs.

I've also noticed that if they have a boyfriend / husband / significant other, they will usually find some way to interject that into the conversation early on (such as "oh, my boyfriend goes skiing there all the time" when talking about your recent trip to Colorado).

Old 05-26-2009, 07:30 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
Default Guys: Can you tell when a woman is interested in being approached?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
I'm talking about before either of you open your mouth. Do you know how to read body language and eyes so you know when a woman is asking you to approach her?
This thread is only of use to the 20 to 30 % of guys - those in the middle - to whom it applies. I've know guys who just assume that all women are interested in being approached and they are nearly always right. She might be engaged and is still interested.

At the other end of the spectrum, there are a lot of guys who have rarely or never seen this behavior and likely will have to wait until they are in their 40s to see it more often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
I've seen a ton of comments recently that suggest a lot of guys on this forum have no idea when a woman is throwing off her "I want you to come over here" signals, so they just randomly hit on women and hope for the best.
By and large, women have a paste on look that they have trained themselves to present to the world. They don't want to miss a golden opportunity and this can often be misinterpreted by the rest. The real hints are more subtle and unless a man sees them a lot, and is rewarded by following them up, he is likely to miss them.

As your last post stated, men who misinterpret them are considered "desperate and creepy".

Old 05-26-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
I have a huge disadvantage since I'm visually impaired. Someone could be sitting 20' away, and I couldn't tell for sure, if she was looking at me, or just in my general direction. And then, even if they're sitting next to me, I still couldn't clearly see these subtle facial expressions some are talking aobut.
You sound like me without my glasses! I would barely be able to tell if the person sitting next to me is a girl or a guy

How do you handle your disability? Do you try to hide it or do you let everyone within earshot know so they can adjust their behavior to compensate? Girls who might be interested in you definitely need to be aware that many of their subtle signs will go completely unnoticed. Or they could easily just assume you aren't interested.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang84 View Post
I've also noticed that if they have a boyfriend / husband / significant other, they will usually find some way to interject that into the conversation early on (such as "oh, my boyfriend goes skiing there all the time" when talking about your recent trip to Colorado).
Yeah seen that one too, especially when I used to get my hair cut by women at a salon for some reason. Of course then there was that one time when the girl asked if I like to be spanked on the weekends because she hadn't found a new guy since her break up. And I was like: " WTH!? I just came in to get my hair cut, lady!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships