Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 08:55 PM

306 posts, read 531,160 times

Advertisements

I've been sleeping with this guy for a few months. He told me he only sleeps with one girl at a time because he doesn't want to catch anything. He also said he's happy with me and doesn't want to look for anyone else. He didn't tell me I couldn't sleep with anyone else, but do you think he expects me to be exclusive with him? (that's fine with me by the way.) Also I told him I was going to Europe to stay with a friend and he asked if it was a guy. And when he found out I was jealous about girls that flirt with him he got really happy.

So does it sound like we are exclusive? Are we basically boyfriend/girlfriend? Do you think he doesn't want me to sleep with any other guy? Usually I don't have a problem with sex outside a r/ship and nonmonogamy but I actually really like him.

PS He did agree we could be boyfriend/girlfriend once because I asked but then I changed my mind. And he has invited me out with his friends and out to dinner and stuff. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 08:58 PM

168 posts, read 532,072 times
How does sleeping with one girl at a time guarantee he won't catch anything? That makes no sense.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:00 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,672,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyogirl View Post
I've been sleeping with this guy for a few months. He told me he only sleeps with one girl at a time because he doesn't want to catch anything. He also said he's happy with me and doesn't want to look for anyone else. He didn't tell me I couldn't sleep with anyone else, but do you think he expects me to be exclusive with him? (that's fine with me by the way.) Also I told him I was going to Europe to stay with a friend and he asked if it was a guy. And when he found out I was jealous about girls that flirt with him he got really happy.

So does it sound like we are exclusive? Are we basically boyfriend/girlfriend? Do you think he doesn't want me to sleep with any other guy? Usually I don't have a problem with sex outside a r/ship and nonmonogamy but I actually really like him.

PS He did agree we could be boyfriend/girlfriend once because I asked but then I changed my mind. And he has invited me out with his friends and out to dinner and stuff. Thanks!
This sounds like the younger version asking for advice....ha! Again....I`m old fashioned here, so my advice would be if your screwing one guy, why not leave it be? Just because your going off to Europe, does not mean that you or he can screw the neighborhood.
If you feel there is something there, then why not just ask?

Old 06-02-2009, 09:03 PM

Thanks yankeegirl...yeah I'm 31, but my maturity got stunted around I dunno 15ish I think. lol. That's good advice though. I guess I'll just stick with him for awhile. He's pretty good at it and freaken hot.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:03 PM

168 posts, read 532,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
If you feel there is something there, then why not just ask?

No kidding. If there is one thing I absolutely do not miss about being single it's all the high school games that are played in relationships.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:06 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,672,166 times
Quote:
Thanks yankeegirl...yeah I'm 31, but my maturity got stunted around I dunno 15ish I think. lol. That's good advice though. I guess I'll just stick with him for awhile. He's pretty good at it and freaken hot.
Thats all that matters! Go girl!!

37,618 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:

Holy crap. You are 25, right???? Have you ever heard of actually talking to the person you are sleeping with and asking them??? This isn't something you ask a bunch of strangers on a forum. I mean you can...but the person you need to talk to is HIM. Do you want to be exclusive? Or do you want to sleep around? Whatever the case, for crying out loud, call him up and discuss your relationship with him. Now.

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
How does sleeping with one girl at a time guarantee he won't catch anything? That makes no sense.
That popped out at me as well.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:16 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws917 View Post
Yes, I think he must be on the mentally slow side.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:24 PM

I think his thinking goes...this girl is clean, I'm clean, we're only sleeping with each other, so we won't catch anything ...don't you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships