Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2009, 02:54 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I'm not saying I agree...I'm saying that's the complaint. So if we EARN more, we're better suited to paying someone else to do it. Especially if it's something that takes more than one person to do. If I can do it all by my lonesome, I'd prefer to, but if I need a second person for assistance, I'd rather hire it out.

I see your point. I don't mean to make all men who pay someone else to do it look bad. I apologize if I did. What I really meant is that I would like to see my man do manly stuff. Since this thread is about alpha males, I just wanted to point out that in my perspective a man doesnt have to always do the job at hand, but sometimes if he can at least try, it helps me see him as a manly man. He doesnt have to always do it. Just enough times where it shows he can do stuff around the house.

Old 06-07-2009, 02:58 AM

1,293 posts, read 3,190,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I see your point. I don't mean to make all men who pay someone else to do it look bad. I apologize if I did. What I really meant is that I would like to see my man do manly stuff. Since this thread is about alpha males, I just wanted to point out that in my perspective a man doesnt have to always do the job at hand, but sometimes if he can at least try, it helps me see him as a manly man. He doesnt have to always do it. Just enough times where it shows he can do stuff around the house.

Oh, it's so on. I'm going to invite my friend over, have a 12 pack each, then ask you to hold the nails while I use the hammer.

Old 06-07-2009, 03:00 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Oh. I can do simple home repairs, and I've built furniture before...I even made a bathroom stand out of nothing but wire shelves and PVC. As long as the woman can do stuff around the house too, I'm happy. She has her jobs, and I have mine. Is that too much to ask?

I've even had women tell me, "Don't pick that up by yourself!" Um, my work revolves around picking up heavy things, I can handle it.

Old 06-07-2009, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
Oh, it's so on. I'm going to invite my friend over, have a 12 pack each, then ask you to hold the nails while I use the hammer.
Well if your friend is going to be over, why don't you ask him?

Old 06-07-2009, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Oh. I can do simple home repairs, and I've built furniture before...I even made a bathroom stand out of nothing but wire shelves and PVC. As long as the woman can do stuff around the house too, I'm happy. She has her jobs, and I have mine. Is that too much to ask?

I've even had women tell me, "Don't pick that up by yourself!" Um, my work revolves around picking up heavy things, I can handle it.

What stuff?

Old 06-07-2009, 03:08 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,790,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentzr View Post
Why are women attracted to Alpha males so much. Women always say they really want someone sweet and sensitive and loyal. However, where does the attraction to alpha males and often "bad boys" come from? If you want sweet and sensitive why not try for a Beta Male? Why is there no initial and physical attraction to such men if that is what women really want.

It is almost like those novel I see all the time in the bookstore. Woman meets bad boy...tames bad boy...bad boy becomes good father and husband. THAT IS NOT REALITY!!! Why are women so attracted to what they cannot get?

Women are physically attracted to strong men, but do you really want someone who can snap your neck so easily?

Finally, what is the attraction to massive ego jerks? What impresses women so much about macho men? (Please do not give me the BS that women are so attracted to Beta males) Do women actually know that you can not have it both ways or do they search using their hormones?
Umm... you hit the key word yourself... hormones.

Behaviorist have pointed out that when women are most fertile they are attracted to bad-boy. Rest of the time they need nice-boy to help take care of the brood, LOL!

No doubt evolution (or the creator if you so believe) led to this behavior. Chances are good that said behavior has a survival benefit, or at the least, no penalty. As a result women with said behavior propogate both female children like themselves, and alpha males that will end up boinking the next generation of females.

Purely an artifact of what managed to survive the eons.

Old 06-07-2009, 03:08 AM

1,293 posts, read 3,190,145 times
Quote:
Well if your friend is going to be over, why don't you ask him?
He's irish, he's not that drunk after just 12.

Old 06-07-2009, 03:15 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
What stuff?
Cooking, first off. Laundry. Sewing. Cleaning up...that sort of thing.

Old 06-07-2009, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
He's irish, he's not that drunk after just 12.

Lol. Well make sure he gets drunk enough. Here he can drink yours(throws him your 12 pack).

Old 06-07-2009, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Cooking, first off. Laundry. Sewing. Cleaning up...that sort of thing.
Well I'll cook, but if anybody complains, they get to cook.

Laundry is easy, it gets done once a month. We need a washing machine though cause I'm not going to the laundromat.

Cleaning I can do. Once a week.

Sewing....? S-E-W-I-N-G!!!!!!!!!!!!!............ (Yeah, thats never going to happen).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships