Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 05:07 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,511,158 times

Advertisements

The issue isn't whether the OP should get a cell phone or not or if they are needed in the year 2009.

The issue is this girl won't even go out with him because he doesn't own one.

I suppose if he has a regular PC instead of a laptop, that's a problem for her too.

It's about her superficiality. The OP could be a great guy, and he takes his finances seriously. He used the words "Financial goals."

To me, it's a big red flag about her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 05:16 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I'm the same way; I'll decline a call and then send a text message saying "Hey, whats up?"
Guess what I'd tell ya... Either nothing or something that the TOS don't condone.

This stupid texting is so disrespectful. At first I thought it'd never make it past the teens and yet it did...

Old 06-06-2009, 05:19 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,591,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Guess what I'd tell ya... Either nothing or something that the TOS don't condone.

This stupid texting is so disrespectful. At first I thought it'd never make it past the teens and yet it did...

I love texting.
My husband and I send each other goofy texts on our lunch breaks every day; sort of takes the sting out of having to be separated by our jobs for eleven hours a day.
I've had to disable my son's text function, unfortunately, because he sends too many texts, running up massive phone bills.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
I love texting.
My husband and I send each other goofy texts on our lunch breaks every day; sort of takes the sting out of having to be separated by our jobs for eleven hours a day.
Unless you have no privacy, I can't see the purpose of that. Can you not TELL your husband what you text him?! Is he a stranger or something?

Anyway, we already established the fact you're obsessed with phones and their features... God, if I were the subject of your phone terror, that'd be legitimate grounds for murder!

Old 06-06-2009, 05:38 PM

219 posts, read 736,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
have a CELL PHONE????????????????

I told her I don't see myself getting a cell phone until next year and she was like it's no way she can date a guy and can't contact him during the day. We had just met last night online and she was pretty and now just rather we be friends-lol

HOw did people date in 1989 without a cell phone??

So if she won't date you because you have no cell phone that is her loss,
besides while your at work she shouldn't be calling your cell phone anyway if you had one that is!
You do know that you could get a pre paid cell phone so when
you use up the time you just have to get more to keep it on,cell phones and be pretty cheep as well.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynda05125 View Post
besides while your at work she shouldn't be calling your cell phone anyway if you had one that is!
Precisely! What is it with people? They haven't had their umbilical cords cut?! Sitting on the toilet (public) and yapping... being in the pool (community!) and yapping... A few days ago I saw somebody riding a bike and yapping! There's a first for everything.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:42 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:

If you said "nothing" then I'd be extremely glad I didn't answer the phone because I hate when people call me and have "nothing" to talk about.

I love texting - it's so much more convenient for my lifestyle. I'm always around people so it's nearly impossible for me to have a private conversation and honestly during the day I have so much going on I wouldn't be able to focus on whatever you're talking about anyway - especially if it's "nothing"

Old 06-06-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
If you said "nothing" then I'd be extremely glad I didn't answer the phone because I hate when people call me and have "nothing" to talk about.
I'd say "nothing" (meaning I will not contact you back in any way) because of the disrespectful way you treat me.

You CAN return the call at your convenience.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:48 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
I'd say "nothing" (meaning I will not contact you back in any way) because of the disrespectful way you treat me.

You CAN return the call at your convenience.
Well I guess it's a good thing we're not friends then. My friend's will either say "call me later" which I will when I have time, usually after my son's in bed, or they'll tell me what they wanted. I don't think anyone has ever felt "disrespected" by me doing this, especially anyone who's been around me and knows that I'm probably doing 50 things at once and am too busy to take their call at the moment. The only reason I even send the text is to make sure it's nothing vitally important that needs my attention right now this second.

Old 06-06-2009, 06:08 PM

544 posts, read 1,058,008 times
Quote:
Unless you have no privacy, I can't see the purpose of that. Can you not TELL your husband what you text him?! Is he a stranger or something?

Anyway, we already established the fact you're obsessed with phones and their features... God, if I were the subject of your phone terror, that'd be legitimate grounds for murder!
I think you're kinda extreme I send my so text messages all the time yeah i could pick up the phone and call her but i dont knowwhat shes doing and she doesnt know what im doing so texting is easier this is how the phone call would go

Her:Hello
Me: Hey baby
Her: Hey....hang on the baby is chewing on the phone cord (pause pause pause) she's been driving me crazy (10 minute monolouge about her day that I have to listen to) ok whats up
Me: Nothing just wanted to tell you i love you
Her: Awww I love you too
Me: okay talk to you later
Her: are you busy? (another 10 minute monolouge)

It's quicker and easier just to send her a text that says I love you I send her emails too i text when she asks me to pick something up because if I call I'll probablu forget what she said we text our son to because for some reason he likes to rush us off the phone but he will text forever it works for me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships