Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 08:49 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,908,864 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't expect you to feel sorry for anyone. Whether you date them or not is your business, but looking down on them isn't right either. They made their choices, let them live with them. Who's to say you're any better for judging.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:50 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,963,419 times
No. Have to grow up sometime and accept responsibility for ones actions.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:58 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,875,906 times
Women that can't stop sleeping with every willing participant and then have no idea of birth control are obviously women that make continued bad choices, Why would any one want them? Face it they are acting like sluts. Why be around them?

Old 06-07-2009, 08:59 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,583,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
I wouldn't expect you to feel sorry for anyone. Whether you date them or not is your business, but looking down on them isn't right either. They made their choices, let them live with them. Who's to say you're any better for judging.
Having multiple babies you can't afford with multiple partners and not figuring out birth control, certainly, nothing to be proud of. It's something to be ashamed of. It's not the way responsible people act. Once is a mistake. After that, it's proof of flawed character.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:59 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,129,027 times
Well the thing everyone here is assuming that the woman in question is promiscuous and has slept around indiscriminately and that's why she's in that situation. What about women who have been in multiple marriages? Wouldn't a woman who is married have the reasonable expectation that the marriage will survive so it's okay to have a child with her husband? What about the woman whose husband is killed for one reason or another? Women who only date/marry cops or military men are in great danger of being multiple widows and could end up with children by the different men she married.

Regardless of how she came to have children by more than one man, she shouldn't be ridiculed because of it. Nor should she be the object of pity. Believe it or not, not every child raised with a single mother comes out criminals.

Children have no choice of how they are conceived or brought into this world. And the less stress and torment Mom has, the better Mother she can be.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:02 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,392,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moddestmike View Post
Just a question because I was called an ******* for not feeling sorry for a few women I know who have made poor choices and birth multiple kids by multiple men. Its always been a rule for me to not date women with kids and i cant see how having multiple children by multiple men was ever a good idea. Discuss.
They need to find out what is causing that!!!!

Old 06-07-2009, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
Right now it tends to work, as it ends up funded by others through pity, churches, or tax payers. Usually combos.

Wouldn't work in a village setting either, unless established as some kind of odd norm to placate the men sexually in it.
I'm thinking villages that work like communes. Kind of african National Geographic specials where the village works together for the betterment of all. You know the ones where the kids are watched by elder women while the younger men/women hunt/gather/farm. It wouldn't matter in such a setting who the daddy was.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:06 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,951,209 times
Well the thing everyone here is assuming that the woman in question is promiscuous and has slept around indiscriminately and that's why she's in that situation.

The term "baby daddy" implies that the parents are not and never have been involved in a relationship, outside of sex. If a woman is married 3x, has 1 child by each husband, then when referring to them, she would say something like, "John was my second husband and Ashley's father" rather than "You my baby daddy and should give me money".

Old 06-07-2009, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Well the thing everyone here is assuming that the woman in question is promiscuous and has slept around indiscriminately and that's why she's in that situation. What about women who have been in multiple marriages? Wouldn't a woman who is married have the reasonable expectation that the marriage will survive so it's okay to have a child with her husband? What about the woman whose husband is killed for one reason or another? Women who only date/marry cops or military men are in great danger of being multiple widows and could end up with children by the different men she married.

Regardless of how she came to have children by more than one man, she shouldn't be ridiculed because of it. Nor should she be the object of pity. Believe it or not, not every child raised with a single mother comes out criminals.

Children have no choice of how they are conceived or brought into this world. And the less stress and torment Mom has, the better Mother she can be.
Character speaks for itself. You can, usually, figure out who ended up wiht multiple baby daddies because she's a tramp and who did because of the death of a spouse. Multiple marriages are just as bad as sleeping around. You can blame the first divorce on your spouse. The rest you have to take responsibility for. Obviously, you don't learn from your mistakes if you have more than one.

While children do have no choice, acorns don't fall far from the tree so mom's character, or lack thereof, will take it's toll on the kids. You can tell a lot about a person by looking at their family.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:09 AM

1,293 posts, read 3,192,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post

Sorry, you're referencing something that's a 1 in insertveryhighnumberhere cause. I seriously doubt anyone is referencing in their head the scenarios of which you speak. And just because you rush to the courthouse to legitimize a relationship doesn't mean it's foundation is secure.

As a few recent posts I've noted, "did it to try and placate him but only became more violent..", and others. Children can't help how or from whom they're brought into the world, but on the whole you can expect what the parent(s) responsibilities are. *shrug*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships