Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 02:43 AM

1,006 posts, read 735,201 times

Advertisements

Just a question because I was called an ******* for not feeling sorry for a few women I know who have made poor choices and birth multiple kids by multiple men. Its always been a rule for me to not date women with kids and i cant see how having multiple children by multiple men was ever a good idea. Discuss.

Old 06-07-2009, 03:32 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,427,891 times
I dont pity women with multiple kids with different daddys. In a way, I see it as kind of interesting because they are actually ensuring that their DNA survives for many generations to come. The more daddys that are different the more chances of survival.

Old 06-07-2009, 03:41 AM

1,813 posts, read 2,846,461 times
I don't feel sorry for them because it takes two to tango.

Old 06-07-2009, 04:34 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
I only take pity on those who try do everything right but only wrong happens to them. After the first man walks, she gets pity - happens. For the woman with multiple baby daddies (is that even a word?) who should have figured it out after the first one, I reserve the phrase: "Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me."

Old 06-07-2009, 04:50 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,533,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moddestmike View Post
Just a question because I was called an ******* for not feeling sorry for a few women I know who have made poor choices and birth multiple kids by multiple men. Its always been a rule for me to not date women with kids and i cant see how having multiple children by multiple men was ever a good idea. Discuss.
No I don't. They made their choices and if they were smart, come out ahead. I've known more than one who lived nicely off of the child support she recieved from multiple baby daddies. I find it sad that some women think so little of themselves that they choose this life but that's their problem not mine.

Old 06-07-2009, 04:52 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,533,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I dont pity women with multiple kids with different daddys. In a way, I see it as kind of interesting because they are actually ensuring that their DNA survives for many generations to come. The more daddys that are different the more chances of survival.
Actually, he is insuring the survival of his DNA. She's risking hers unless she's, financially, able to support all of her children. For women, a man who sticks around and helps raise the babies insures survival of her DNA. For him, he can just spread enough of it around and be sure that some will survive. I don't think that's, exactly, how we want civalized society to work though. It would work fine in a village setting where everyone took responsibility for the children but here, children are the responsibility of their parents and raised only as well as those parents raise them.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:02 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,867,258 times
Quote:
No, I don't feel sorry for women who have more than one child all by different dads. My best friend raised 4 of her own children and one of her children managed to get herself pregnant 6 times all by different Dad's. Four of the six children are being raised by my best friend and her husband and two others have gone to sublings. The woman who had these children is very ill now with Lupus, kidney failure and Lord knows what all else she has from being on the streets and using drugs her entire life. My best friend and her husband have taken this daughter back in time after time after time and the daughter has stolen them blind each time then disappeared to go on yet another drug binge with friends. Baby #6 is now 9 years old and was born learning disabled due to being Crack Cocaine addicted at birth. He is a beautiful boy but will never live anywhere else but with Grandma and Grandpa...he can't.

Sorry? No. The children take the hit first and don't deserve to be brought into this world to a Crack-Cocaine addicted street walker but seeing that they didn't ask for it, these kids have been blessed to have loving Grandparents to care for them. Is it fair to the Grandparents? Of course not but the kids are here and need the love and care they are getting,

As for this woman who had the children, I don't suspect she will be around much longer and regardless of the situation with her lifestyle, my friend shouldn't have to be burying her own child but I am afraid she will and soon.

So, I guess if there could be any good come out of all this, I would hope that young people who know this woman and know her story would think twice before having sex and if they can't control themselves, then condoms or birth control should be used. The consequences of not using protection can be so bad..no one would imagine my friend would be 65 and still raising school kids...oh...latest news?? One of these Grandkids is now pregnant and not married and I just know my friend will end up helping with this one too. She says no that the grandkid has to move out but it isn't going to happen, I know my friend.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:07 AM

1,293 posts, read 3,189,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Actually, he is insuring the survival of his DNA. She's risking hers unless she's, financially, able to support all of her children. For women, a man who sticks around and helps raise the babies insures survival of her DNA. For him, he can just spread enough of it around and be sure that some will survive. I don't think that's, exactly, how we want civalized society to work though. It would work fine in a village setting where everyone took responsibility for the children but here, children are the responsibility of their parents and raised only as well as those parents raise them.
Right now it tends to work, as it ends up funded by others through pity, churches, or tax payers. Usually combos.

Wouldn't work in a village setting either, unless established as some kind of odd norm to placate the men sexually in it.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:42 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,182,116 times
Default No pitty from me

They can have 1 baby daddy, still no pitty.

Quote:

Old 06-07-2009, 08:45 AM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
No pity here. And I despise the term "baby daddy".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships