Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2012, 05:06 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,806,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
I agree..if the answer is "I cannot afford birth control"...well you also cannot afford to have children then can you?
Yes, and if the woman claims she cannot afford birth control, isn't that something she could ask her boyfriends to pay for?

Old 05-04-2012, 07:33 AM

36,690 posts, read 31,000,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KissesintheRain View Post
That is so true. I mean I have friends who have gotten pregnant "on accident" so many times. That has never happened to me once because I made sure it didn't happen. I mean there are accidents, but chances are your not having an accident 5 times with different men...
I agree accidents happen but not 4 and 5 times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Then again children aren't accidents. Daddy's penis doesn't accidentally slip into mommy's vagina (unprotected) and thrust around a couple of times. (sorry for being graphic)

There is nothing "accidental" about sex and it drives me nuts when people say that.
Most people using bc have sex believing they are taking precautions to avoid pregnancy, so yes pregnancy can be accidental. Believing no one should or will have sex unless they are prepared to become parents is not realistic.

I know a number of women my self include that was on the pill and had an accidental pregnancy. We were all married at the time but still BC is not 100%. There were things like the effects of ani-biotics and the pill that no one bothered to make women aware of.

I just dont understand why doctors and society in general is so against sterilization. Its very difficult for women to electively have a tubal unless they already have several children or are past a certain age. I think they should be encouraging tubals for unmarried women with multiple baby daddies.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:32 AM

460 posts, read 672,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I agree accidents happen but not 4 and 5 times.

Most people using bc have sex believing they are taking precautions to avoid pregnancy, so yes pregnancy can be accidental. Believing no one should or will have sex unless they are prepared to become parents is not realistic.

I know a number of women my self include that was on the pill and had an accidental pregnancy. We were all married at the time but still BC is not 100%. There were things like the effects of ani-biotics and the pill that no one bothered to make women aware of.

I just dont understand why doctors and society in general is so against sterilization. Its very difficult for women to electively have a tubal unless they already have several children or are past a certain age. I think they should be encouraging tubals for unmarried women with multiple baby daddies.
I can't wait until husband and I decide whether or not to go for #3. I'm leaning towards not having another at this point, but am not ready to take the plunge into sterilization yet. Once I do, husband has agreed to get the big V. Can't wait!

Old 05-04-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southshorelady View Post
I can't wait until husband and I decide whether or not to go for #3. I'm leaning towards not having another at this point, but am not ready to take the plunge into sterilization yet. Once I do, husband has agreed to get the big V. Can't wait!
I knew two was enough for me. I had my tubal as soon as the second was out of my birth canal. It didnt seem like doctors were as opposed to it then. I think they make you wait 6 weeks after the birth now.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:22 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,226,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, and if the woman claims she cannot afford birth control, isn't that something she could ask her boyfriends to pay for?
The boyfriends probably can't afford it either. Either that or they're too dumb to care.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:53 AM

2,028 posts, read 1,891,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
The boyfriends probably can't afford it either. Either that or they're too dumb to care.
Who can't afford $9 a month for birth control?

Old 05-04-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
Who can't afford $9 a month for birth control?

I agree tho who cant afford BC? You can get it for free at the health department if you cant afford it. But where do you get $9 a month? When I quit taking the pill some 28 years ago it was about 15 to 20$ a month.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
I agree tho who cant afford BC? You can get it for free at the health department if you cant afford it. But where do you get $9 a month? When I quit taking the pill some 28 years ago it was about 15 to 20$ a month.
http://i.walmartimages.com/i/if/hmp/...tomer_list.pdf

See page 5, Sprintec and Tri-Sprintec. The PDF says $9 for 30 days, and $24 for 90 days, but I wasn't able to paste it here.

Quote:
Women’s Health $4, 30-day $10, 90-day
Estradiol 0.5mg tab . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . 30 . . . . . .90
Estradiol 1mg tab . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ........ . . .. 30 . . . . . .90
Estradiol 2mg tab . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..........30 . . . . . .90
MedroxyprogesteroneAcetate 2.5mg tab . . . . . 30 . . . . . .90
Medroxyprogesterone Acetate 5mg tab . . . . . . 30 . . . . . .90
Medroxyprogesterone Acetate 10mg tab . . . . . 10 . . . . . .30
Alendronate SOD 35mg tab . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4 . . . . . .12
Alendronate SOD 70mg tab . . . . . . . . . . . . ....... 4 . . . . . .12
Clomiphene 50mg tab . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .......... 5 . . . . . .15
Sprintec 28-day tab . . . . . . . . .. . .. . .......28 . . . . .N/A
Tamoxifen 10mg tab . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ........60 . . . . . 180
Tamoxifen 20mg tab . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ........30 . . . . . .90
Tri-Sprintec 28-day tab . . . . . .. . . . . . ....28 . . . . .N/A
And yes, it's also free from the govt and some non-profits for those who can't afford it. There's really no excuse except laziness.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
http://i.walmartimages.com/i/if/hmp/...tomer_list.pdf

See page 5, Sprintec and Tri-Sprintec. The PDF says $9 for 30 days, and $24 for 90 days, but I wasn't able to paste it here.

And yes, it's also free from the govt and some non-profits for those who can't afford it. There's really no excuse except laziness.
And these are the only bc meds anyone takes? I remember having to go thru 3 different prescriptions before getting one that worked with my body. just saying.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
And these are the only bc meds anyone takes? I remember having to go thru 3 different prescriptions before getting one that worked with my body. just saying.
Hi 2mares,

My main point was to show that birth control IS available at low prices so the "I can't afford it" excuse is a very bad one.

If you decide to post the prices of other types and/or prove this $9 version is an anomaly, I'd be happy to change my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships