Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 09:14 AM

1,089 posts, read 2,403,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
How old are you? That's the first most important thing. You like Star Trek which rates with me.
I'll be 75 next week, darlin'

Old 06-08-2009, 11:33 AM

1,452 posts, read 3,178,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
I'll be 75 next week, darlin'
Yeah, and I have a bridge to sell you....it's over here in Brooklyn...

Old 06-08-2009, 11:49 AM

1,293 posts, read 3,196,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
Yeah, and I have a bridge to sell you....it's over here in Brooklyn...
I already called dibs sellin' that one and the one in San Fran..

Old 06-08-2009, 11:51 AM

1,452 posts, read 3,178,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynec613 View Post
i already called dibs sellin' that one and the one in san fran..

lol...:d

Old 05-19-2010, 08:23 AM

1 posts, read 1,352 times
Default finding a good woman

im in exactly the same position successful good looking dynamic gentle kind fit prof musician ,theatre director,with great financial benefits,im not rich but ive worked hard all my life so can now reap benefits ,im a great lover,and i cant find a women ,whats going on
web sites seem awaste of time;in my daily life i met no reasonable woman im not fussy like you,though i do like attractive women

Old 05-19-2010, 09:18 AM

24,813 posts, read 24,466,255 times
Quote:
I'm professionally and financially successful. I thoroughly enjoy my life whether it's at work, with friends, seeing the world, or just hanging out. I get along great with my family. I like to keep myself fit and occasionally push myself by running mini marathons. And as far as looks, my friends say I'm a cross between Brad Pitt and Russell Crowe. My friends also describe me as easy-going, fun-loving, funny, and bit on the romantic side.

While I do want someone I find attractive I'm not overly picky. I like women of all races and backgrounds. Personality is far and away the most important thing to me. I'd like a girl with a kind heart, a gentle spirit, and certain warmth and affection. Someone who's equally happy to be out trying new things as she is spending a quiet evening at home together.

Somehow I think it shouldn't be so hard to find a girl like that, yet it is!

I ask you...WHY can't I find just one single decent woman?

Whats your definition of "good"? I know guys who say they just want a woman, yet when they get one, all they do is nit pick, and look for everything wrong with her.

That never works out, and most of the guys I'm talking about, are successful, and financially stable, and not bad looking guys.

That being said, where are you looking? At bars, grocery stores, gas stations, church, where?

My number one pick up line is "Excuse me, what time is it?" Anything to strike up a conversation. If she is interested, she'll keep it going. If not, you didn't waste her time, and your feelings aren't hurt.

Also, and this is probably the biggy, you do realize that others see you differently than you see yourself. I know lots of women who find Russell Crow ugly. Also, how tall are you? Short guys just don't stack up well, sorry. I saw a study that shows that everyone else who looks at you, sees you at about 20lbs more than what you see yourself at. So if you think you're 210, they see you at 230.

Lots of reasons why, and its hard to know, without knowing you. My suggestion, get out there and try. Dating sites are ok, but most of the time you end up in a email back and forth, and something gets misconstrued by how you wrote it, and then you'll never hear back. Most women are just waiting for you to start the conversation, and after that, they'll take it away from there.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:23 AM

12,585 posts, read 17,017,686 times
Quote:
I'm professionally and financially successful. I thoroughly enjoy my life whether it's at work, with friends, seeing the world, or just hanging out. I get along great with my family. I like to keep myself fit and occasionally push myself by running mini marathons. And as far as looks, my friends say I'm a cross between Brad Pitt and Russell Crowe. My friends also describe me as easy-going, fun-loving, funny, and bit on the romantic side.

While I do want someone I find attractive I'm not overly picky. I like women of all races and backgrounds. Personality is far and away the most important thing to me. I'd like a girl with a kind heart, a gentle spirit, and certain warmth and affection. Someone who's equally happy to be out trying new things as she is spending a quiet evening at home together.

Why?

Cause they don't exist.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:25 AM

160 posts, read 455,708 times
Quote:

Same reason I can't find one single decent man.....men don't pursue what they want. Go after what you want and a woman will respond! On a side note...take a dance class and learn to salsa. You'll not only meet woman, you get to dance with them too. Good luck!

Old 05-21-2010, 12:26 AM

160 posts, read 455,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Why?

Cause they don't exist.

That wasn't very nice

Old 05-21-2010, 03:07 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,124,575 times
Quote:

I don't know if this is what the problem is but I noticed you never talked about your experience when it comes to talking to women.

Maybe it's because you expect them to take a liking to you first, instead of you progressively trying to get to know them. You still haven't described on here how you interact with women. Are you the shy type? If so you need to break that barrier and be more open, give it a try, it truly can't hurt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships