Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 10:17 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,751,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Yes, and as I said, the women will like a man because of his personality but inspite of his looks, not because of them.

Can you imagine being with someone and knowing, in the back of your head, that they are not physically attracted to you? That will probably be my fate and the fate of other men like me and it is a very depressing thought.
I could honestly contradict each one of your sentences with stories from my own life. However, I don't think you have any interest in listening to anything other than the sound of your own self-pity. I'm sorry you are having a rough time of things, and I hope you find your way out of the darkness. Good luck to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 10:22 PM

496 posts, read 942,075 times
There has long been a correlation between women's social position and the meat in the grocery aisle... and in consumers approach to them. Take, for example, the expectation that the best meat is blood red, as are so many women's lips. All dressed up and dyed, the meat in the grocery aisle is synonomous with a healthy steak. I always cringe when I see a guy holding the meat up close and inspecting it. If he knew anything about what a real fresh steak were like, he wouldn't bother.

I don't see the problem with comparing women to meat. I really don't.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:26 PM

37,669 posts, read 46,114,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Yes, and as I said, the women will like a man because of his personality but inspite of his looks, not because of them.

Can you imagine being with someone and knowing, in the back of your head, that they are not physically attracted to you? That will probably be my fate and the fate of other men like me and it is a very depressing thought.
You are really showing how little you know about people and how they relate to each other. Many MANY people are in relationships that developed out of an attraction for something other than of a physical nature. It takes time, but people DO fall in love with someone that they never were attracted to, initially. Sometimes with a type that they never in a million years pictured themselves with. And those people DO become physically attracted to their partner...it's part of something called "love".

And I can assure you that if you don't figure out how to climb out of this poor-pitiful-me hole that you keep digging, you'll never experience anything other than what you have already.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:26 PM

496 posts, read 942,075 times
And might I add (since I deliberately misinterpreted the point) my favorite boyfriend of all time was... not very attractive at first glance. But wow. He was the most fun. I still, out of the 3 months we were together, remember more about our relationship than about any other.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:28 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,673,454 times
Did anyone else just skip the original post? I saw a lot of highlighting, bolding and italics, and I thought "No, no I'm not going to read this".

Old 06-08-2009, 12:29 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,989,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
Did anyone else just skip the original post? I saw a lot of highlighting, bolding and italics, and I thought "No, no I'm not going to read this".

Why comment on a thread, the OP of which you did not read?

It's like Roger Ebert writing a review of a movie he hasn't even seen...

Old 06-08-2009, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You are really showing how little you know about people and how they relate to each other. Many MANY people are in relationships that developed out of an attraction for something other than of a physical nature. It takes time, but people DO fall in love with someone that they never were attracted to, initially. Sometimes with a type that they never in a million years pictured themselves with. And those people DO become physically attracted to their partner...it's part of something called "love".
No. It's a part of something called "denial"

Quote:
And I can assure you that if you don't figure out how to climb out of this poor-pitiful-me hole that you keep digging, you'll never experience anything other than what you have already.
Who says I have anything against what I already have? see here: //www.city-data.com/forum/9126606-post37.html

I think that I could do just fine without a female in my life.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:49 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,523,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
A spot on observation. Men are much much much more open-minded when it comes to the types of women they are willing to date. While women are much pickier. Even my not so attractive female friends have hoards and hoards of guys lighting up their cell phones wanting to "hang out".

Surely you jest. You haven't been to a dating site. Men cross that line when so many of them want a woman half their age.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:49 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,110,097 times
I think i kinda understand what hes saying,i think hes saying womens view of whats physically attractive or hot is allot more smaller and less diverse then what guys version of good lookign or attractive is in general..

Ive heard women say that they love there husband/boyfriend even though hes ugly and thought to myself why would u say that about your husband or boyfriend

Ive had pelnty of male friends whove gone out with what i thought were homely women and never heard them say anything slightly negative looks wise about there s/o

I think the op has to understand women are allot more insecure from things they hear about the standard of beauty from an early age so if they are told strict guideines from a young age of what beauty is for females theyre gonna look at men the same way and not see beauty in any diverse way its gonna be a very narrow view of what society says is attractive..

Old 06-08-2009, 12:55 AM

[quote=JBT1980;9187297]I think i kinda understand what hes saying,i think hes saying womens view of whats physically attractive or hot is allot more smaller and less diverse then what guys version of good lookign or attractive is in general..[quote]

THANK YOU! FINALLY SOMEONE SEES THE OBVIOUS!
Quote:
Ive heard women say that they love there husband/boyfriend even though hes ugly and thought to myself why would u say that about your husband or boyfriend
Exactly.

Quote:
Ive had pelnty of male friends whove gone out with what i thought were homely women and never heard them say anything slightly negative looks wise about there s/o
That's because your "homely" might be their "hottie"

Quote:
I think the op has to understand women are allot more insecure from things they hear about the standard of beauty from an early age so if they are told strict guideines from a young age of what beauty is for females theyre gonna look at men the same way and not see beauty in any diverse way its gonna be a very narrow view of what society says is attractive..
So, in other words, women are more likely to be a bunch of mindless "sheeple" who do and think what ever the TV and "US Weekly" tells them to think? Very true indeed.

I have actually been told that the best thing for me to do is move somewhere where there actually are some goth/punk/alternative kind of women and not the mindless "Britney wannabees" we have around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships