Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 01:30 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,420,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesbond View Post
I hear what your saying Jay F, when I took a trip to Oklahoma a couple of years ago, the women were very friendly to me and seemed interested in me. When I am in a big city, I become invisable to women!
I think everyone becomes invisible in a big city unless you're a sugar daddy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2009, 03:27 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,992,505 times
One thing to consider, other then age, is the amount of gay people in a city. I mean, in San Fransico, there are more men then women aged 18-35 BUT, when you subtract the gay and lesbian population, what you have is more or less even. I have heard that it's easy for a man to meet women in a "gay city" because there is allot less competition.
I would say, however, that NYC is not a good place for singles. Sure, there are allot of ladies, BUT, if you're not a high roller with a six figure income, majority of them will not give you the time of day. It's a million women going after a thousand men with money and ignoring the million men who are not wealthy and powerful. I know a fellow who's a accountant, and he couldn't get any numbers once women found out what he did...he moved to Austin, and he had a girlfriend in one month.

Old 07-04-2009, 03:45 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,662,573 times
Tampa is a cool city to live - but a very tough city to be over 30 and single in IF you want a stable relationship. Generally, to meet someone, I have to look outside of the Tampa city limits into Clearwater, St Pete - even down 35'ish miles into Bradenton/Sarasota. ANYWHERE outside of Tampa. Seems like everyone is already in a relationship or married. The man I just stopped dating last month lives on the Atlantic coast of FL, almost 100 miles away - the distance was not even a factor in the breakup.

Wish me luck.

Old 07-04-2009, 04:33 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,866,700 times
Default Apply This Formula

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
here's an interesting topic: best and worst cities for singles
1) Cost of Living Low Jobs Plentiful

Good for women since ambitious men with good job skills, who are confident they can get a job quickly – read: good looking – will flock there.

2) Cost of Living Low Jobs Scarce

Good for men – especially men too lazy to move to where jobs are. This is where you find the guys with 18 kids with 14 women.

3) Cost of Living High Jobs Plentiful

Too much stress for it to be good for anyone. Divorce rate is through the roof.

4) Cost of Living High Jobs Scarce

Extremely good for multimillionaire men. Eg. NYC. The competition has left town. This is where Redisca gets her views of men.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:50 PM

7 posts, read 24,445 times
Don't move to Atlanta is you are a single female, unless you want to stay that way forever!!!

Old 07-21-2009, 07:20 PM

295 posts, read 839,128 times
I'm actually surprised Atlanta made the top of the list because I view Atlanta as an "illusion of single men". Most of the men I met when I was down there (on vacay, none the less) were married.

I'm surprised Chicago is so far down as I've had a great time here meeting men. A few months ago, askmen.com ranked it as number one for single men to live out of 29 international cities. Maybe a shameless Olympic plug?.....

http://www.askmen.com/specials/2009_top_29/chicago.html

Last edited by Organized Mess; 07-21-2009 at 07:21 PM.. Reason: Forgot to add link

Old 07-21-2009, 07:32 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,731,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imperialegg View Post
Don't move to Atlanta is you are a single female, unless you want to stay that way forever!!!
That is true about ATL. Good for men but sucks for women.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:39 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,731,815 times
I've lived in FL: Jacksonville, Miami and Tallahassee, AZ: Chandler & NC: Raleigh/Durham. By far Raliegh Durham is the worst out of the previous cities I lived in. Too many married and attached people.

The best balance was in Jacksonville and Miami. But I had the most fun in Phoenix. I love Phoenix. So many beautiful, single women there.

I'm in Raliegh/Durham right now and man, I'll fall over with delight if I met more than one single woman that wasn't in her early to mid 40s or 20 to 24. If you want to date a woman in her early to mid 40s this is the place. Its crazy and that freakin map proves my point.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:43 PM

232 posts, read 594,789 times
All my New York friends say NYC is pretty bad. Sure, there are tonnes of beautiful women everywhere, but my friends all tell me they're all prissy, unapproachable, stuck up and high maintenance.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:40 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,995,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Why is LA a bad place to be single? I had a great time in El Lay as a single man.
from what i gather from people in their 50s-60s who were in la, la was super great for singles in the 70s. my parents said it was really easy to meet someone out here back then. it was a different time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships