Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 11:41 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,691,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shania View Post
"hey, sexy...thinking about licking the back of your thighs about now. Want to meet?"

And i forgot to add, "sexy" was spelled "sexi"...
lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 11:44 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,691,490 times
This sounds like it was written by a serial killer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Well, here is the most priceless gem I received:

Old 06-14-2009, 04:08 PM

18,257 posts, read 14,491,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
This sounds like it was written by a serial killer.
Yeah . Someone already mentioned it might of been Killer.LOL!

Old 06-15-2009, 08:52 AM

79,039 posts, read 61,188,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
Yes, I'm 39, they've all been 26-27 lately since I'm pretty open-minded but they do just basically want to screw, I still haven't date any older, only once two years ago when I was 38 and he was 40. However, the 36 yr old I date a few weeks ago was the exact same way...so??? I've tried contacting others but frankly I'm so close to NYC that I get lumped in with people in the city and it's a royal PIA to date people from NY. They generally don't have cars and would have to take public trans to come here, since I don't want to go there...I would have to drive, and parking is a b****. I actually wish I DIDN'T live near NYC, I think it would be easier.
Are you using Plenty of Fish or another service? POF had a search function that limited range to x-miles...perhaps that could help?

To be honest...stop wasting your time on guys <30...my current gf sounds EXACTLY like you. Lots of interest from guys in their 20's but not only did they just want to have sex...there was just this age\culture gap plus they are generally not mature enough to deal with the kid thing. (She had some younger guys interested in more than just sex but *it* just wasn't there.)

Now, there is nothing wrong with a healthy sex life...but yeah, there needs to be more.

Keep us posted...I had trouble just getting dates initially and then a bunch of bad dates before meeting my first SO. That flamed out but led to SO #2 which is a much much better match.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:56 AM

61,254 posts, read 87,672,823 times
crack up,
the internet expectation
guy does it he dirty old man
woman does it she a cougar
game is loaded from the get go no?
i mean if you are both 40 she is settling and
like doing you a favor, whats up with that.
whole lota people with a dollar wantin to buy a house.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:28 AM

1,452 posts, read 3,178,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Are you using Plenty of Fish or another service? POF had a search function that limited range to x-miles...perhaps that could help?

To be honest...stop wasting your time on guys <30...my current gf sounds EXACTLY like you. Lots of interest from guys in their 20's but not only did they just want to have sex...there was just this age\culture gap plus they are generally not mature enough to deal with the kid thing. (She had some younger guys interested in more than just sex but *it* just wasn't there.)

Now, there is nothing wrong with a healthy sex life...but yeah, there needs to be more.

Keep us posted...I had trouble just getting dates initially and then a bunch of bad dates before meeting my first SO. That flamed out but led to SO #2 which is a much much better match.
I have POF, yes, I don't really use it I think I went on maybe....2 or 3 dates from that stupid site in like...2 years, but even if I limit the mileage I live less than 10 miles from NYC so at that point I would get ALL NYC people, which is even worse so I opened up the mileage but frankly the guys on there...the quality is seriously lacking and I consider it a trolling site for men looking for sex. But I did limit it somewhat so I would stop getting responses from Oregon, California, Florida, Australia and Scotland, to name a few.

I prefer running into people in person if I can help it.... Funny side note, I did go to the city Saturday night to watch the Mets/Yankees game and we met two guys there who asked us if we were there for the Jewish singles event!! lol...We were like a) WHAT???? and b) Ummm, we're not Jewish!! But I'm getting closer, the first digit at least was a 3 instead of a 2 for once!! And they were pretty nice guys actually...One of them said he graduate from Oxford and Wharton, I would like to see proof before I believe THAT one.... So of course wisea$$ that I am I said I work at Hooters! lol..

Old 06-15-2009, 09:35 AM

911 posts, read 2,381,047 times
plenty of fish sucks
i was on there for a few months and a couple emails
and nothing

Old 06-15-2009, 09:37 AM

911 posts, read 2,381,047 times
Really really bad responses to your online profile...

here is the worst response

wait for it

wait for it

bam
no response at all

Old 06-15-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrian12 View Post
plenty of fish sucks
i was on there for a few months and a couple emails
and nothing
It is a sucky site imo...no?? lol..

Old 06-15-2009, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
crack up,
the internet expectation
guy does it he dirty old man
woman does it she a cougar
game is loaded from the get go no?
i mean if you are both 40 she is settling and
like doing you a favor, whats up with that.
whole lota people with a dollar wantin to buy a house.
Ok I'm gonna go out on a limb here, allow me to see if I'm interpreting this correctly..so you're saying that people are accepting of older women going after younger men but not the reverse, and if she decides to date someone her own age it's considered settling?

First of all, I'M not the one approaching younger men, which is the opposite of a cougar. A cougar by definition is a woman 40+ who allegedly goes after younger men in their 20's and uses them as her boytoys, none of which I can assure you I'm doing. Younger men approach me and their intentions are ALWAYS suspect, as with any man really... however, I still get labeled a "cougar" even though I'm not the aggressor. It has just become a term for single women who are young in appearance and attitude and are either attracted to or attract men younger than themselves, which has led to women 30-39 being called "cougars in training" in some parts of the world here.

Secondly, as far as dirty old men, I'm sorry but unless you're HARRISON FORD (rich, still pretty handsome) if you're my father's age and frankly he looks better than you, you are not for me no matter how much money you have. Sorry, there are some men who are frankly dirty old men. That being said, I've dated guys on average 12 yrs younger, I don't consider this creepy or "dirty old man/woman" material by any stretch of the imagination for either sex. There are normal guys who date younger, and then there are dirty old men. Period. If you were one of my patients, are 60+ and I just reviewed your discharge instructions for your stent placement, sorry, I'm not interested...

Lastly, I would not feel I was settling and would have no problem with dating someone my age if only I could find one that even has the same first digit...I really DO try hard to keep it within a decade......I prefer 32ish-to 42ish really as a range for me...(c'mon guys where are you all hiding?? lol..)

Btw, with age maturity DOES NOT always come. I try to treat people as individuals and judge accordingly regardless of age.

Last edited by onegreatnurse; 06-15-2009 at 09:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships