Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 09:57 PM

9,904 posts, read 13,917,374 times

Advertisements

I'm pretty sure you can have your funeral arrangements and last wishes organized and an executor nominated to carry out those wishes.

Least we did here.

There's also the pre-paid funeral option, not sure if you have that there but you can make all your own arrangements with the funeral director and pay in advance, sign a contract and I'm pretty sure legally you're fairly well covered to have your last wishes carried out as requested.

It will of course depend on who you're dealing with though.

I've been fairly lucky in that it never would have occurred to me to do anything other than carry out to the letter, (or to the best of my ability within the law BECAUSE "no Grumpa, they won't let me just put your body in a hessian sack and throw you out for the dogs!") the last wishes of my loved ones as they requested AND thankfully for the most part other relatives involved have abided by the same commitment to the deceased.

As far as I'm aware here the last will and testament DID include funeral arrangements if you request it to be so but I'm well aware that the best laid plans of mice and men can come acropper though.

If you have a relative who you think might disregard your wishes then I'd be speaking to everyone else, as well as whomever is executor for your will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 10:04 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,690,922 times
My request is in my moms underwear drawer where a lot of important papers are...I wrote it when was 10 yrs old and it stands to this day and the DH and kids know that. If they do anything different I will haunt them forever.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:08 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,262,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sueprnova View Post
My request is in my moms underwear drawer where a lot of important papers are...I wrote it when was 10 yrs old and it stands to this day and the DH and kids know that.
Wow, never heard of a 10-year-old making such plans! Are they that unusual?

Your Mom is likely to go before you, though. Where are you gonna move it next?

Quote:
If they do anything different I will haunt them forever.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:08 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,994,512 times
I think something that is in a will can override the wishes of a spouse. You should contact an attorney - this will all vary by state law - ask the attorney to draw up a will and you will appoint an exec. of the estate.
Get it done ASAP.
No one gets out of this world alive!

Old 06-11-2009, 10:25 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,029,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMichelle View Post
I think something that is in a will can override the wishes of a spouse. You should contact an attorney - this will all vary by state law - ask the attorney to draw up a will and you will appoint an exec. of the estate.
Get it done ASAP.
No one gets out of this world alive!
Five to one, baby, one if five. No one here gets out alive.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Five to one, baby, one if five. No one here gets out alive.
Nope. Some just prefer to die "healthy" and/or without having lived.

“Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is one hundred percent.”
R. D. Laing

Old 06-11-2009, 10:35 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,029,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Nope. Some just prefer to die "healthy" and/or without having lived.

“Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is one hundred percent.”
R. D. Laing
Not sure what the first sentence is about the I like the second.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Not sure what the first sentence is about
It's about the various "health" manias. It's as if these folks think they'd be immortal.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:50 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,690,922 times
lol! I have always been very in touch with my mortality,....I think my request is pretty much illegal so it's up to daughter #2 to take care of things for me ...maybe passed to the g-kids
It's not some big deal...just tossed into the Pacific Ocean from the HB pier...which is where i met the dh...where 1 of the kids was conceived.....you get the picture...

Old 06-11-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueprnova View Post
lol! I have always been very in touch with my mortality,....I think my request is pretty much illegal so it's up to daughter #2 to take care of things for me ...maybe passed to the g-kids
It's not some big deal...just tossed into the Pacific Ocean from the HB pier...which is where i met the dh...where 1 of the kids was conceived.....you get the picture...
Woh, woh, woh! But how did you get the idea at the age of 10 when you hadn't met anybody and conceived anybody...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships