Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2010, 09:44 AM

681 posts, read 2,365,517 times

Advertisements

Hm. Right now I'm thinking about a 45-yr old, 6'4" man who's a social misfit and never been able to hold a healthy relationship to save his life.

Being sexy and attractive is all about charisma, personality and confidence. I don't think Prince's career suffered because of his 5'2" stature. That man dominated the music industry and became a sex symbol despite being absolutely petite.

Here's a list of hollywood people (5'7" and under) who didn't let their height hold them back from becoming successful:

Dick Cavett
Peter Dinklage
Danny Devito
Dudley Moore
Martin Scorsese
Alfred Hitchcock
George Lucas
Nathan Lane
Sean Astin
Seth Green
Jack Black
Michael J. Fox
James Cagney
Sammy Davis Jr.
Jet Li
Elijah Wood
Tim Roth
Daniel Radcliffe
Sean Astin
Dustin Hoffman
Tom Cruise
Al Pacino
Emilio Estevez
Martin Sheen

AND to add a favorite:
John Belushi, who stood the tallest over this group at 5'8".

Old 03-08-2010, 10:58 AM

614 posts, read 1,379,581 times
Fun Fact:

I'm not rich and famous, I guess cause I'm in the wrong part of the world.... nah thats a big fat lie lol there are so many famous people from New Jersey. But like I said who cares the ht.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:24 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,479,873 times
I'd also believe that women are generally attracted to men who are taller than they are, but there are always exceptions. My 5th grade teacher was a short man, and ended up marrying a woman who was noticeably taller than him. I always thought they looked odd together, but it seemed to work for them, so who am I to judge?

Old 03-08-2010, 11:47 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,603,826 times
If you get enough money in your pocket, it may not be as big of a problem. You may attract gold-diggers, but if you are looking for "any woman" I guess that will do.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:59 AM

614 posts, read 1,379,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynight View Post
If you get enough money in your pocket, it may not be as big of a problem. You may attract gold-diggers, but if you are looking for "any woman" I guess that will do.
Seems to be if you have money you can have anyone no matter how short fat or ugly you are. As long as you got a lot of money they don't care what you look like, it's like an ugly man walking into a go-go bar..A dollar is a dollar no matter who it's from.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:58 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,990,062 times
To be honest, my advice to men of all heights would be to get your shít together (become learned, funny, witty, funloving, clean groomed, strong willed, and of course well paid..lol)...frankly, women in bars/clubs arent usually longterm girlfriend material anyway...not that they're always sluts, but clubs arent the best place to get your foot in the door with good women. But if you have your shít together, no matter what your height, even if those girls in the clubs reject you, YOU can actually look down on THEM, because you'll know that they are passing on a great catch - their loss...

Old 03-08-2010, 07:42 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,232,474 times
I'm barely 5'0 and I LOVE tall men. 5'11 or taller is what I looked for. My husband is 6'2. Perfect IMO! Even though I'm short, I just don't find short men attractive. My dad is 5'7 and he's so short. My mom is 5'3 and she told me she prefers shorter men (not shorter than her though).

Old 03-08-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
To be honest, my advice to men of all heights would be to get your shít together (become learned, funny, witty, funloving, clean groomed, strong willed, and of course well paid..lol)...frankly, women in bars/clubs arent usually longterm girlfriend material anyway...not that they're always sluts, but clubs arent the best place to get your foot in the door with good women. But if you have your shít together, no matter what your height, even if those girls in the clubs reject you, YOU can actually look down on THEM, because you'll know that they are passing on a great catch - their loss...
Exactly...one of the best realizations I ever had in life (around age 21).

Old 03-08-2010, 09:53 PM

5,325 posts, read 6,118,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
I'm barely 5'0 and I LOVE tall men. 5'11 or taller is what I looked for. My husband is 6'2. Perfect IMO! Even though I'm short, I just don't find short men attractive. My dad is 5'7 and he's so short. My mom is 5'3 and she told me she prefers shorter men (not shorter than her though).
Youre barely 5'0 and you're calling your dad at 5'7 really short? lol

5'9 is average height for aguy so 5'7 is a little short but you're acting like its a midget

Old 03-08-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Youre barely 5'0 and you're calling your dad at 5'7 really short? lol

5'9 is average height for aguy so 5'7 is a little short but you're acting like its a midget
I knew I was not the only one who noticed that as well. I have no problem with a woman who does not date men shorter then them at all. But you have to reasonable if you have a height requirement. It makes much more sense for a woman 5'8 to say that and have that certain requirement!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships