Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 01:31 AM

1,780 posts, read 2,358,708 times

Advertisements

Is it strange that I cannot get this girl out of my head...we were together for 1.5 years, She broke up with me becasue We both had complicated lives and I could not be there for her at times. She was already crying when doing this...so instead of basically begging her to talk about it...I told her that I will always love her, and do not want to do anything to make her cry more. I got out of the car(she picked me up from work) and went into my apartment...ignored the small party that my roommate was having and sat on the edge of my bed all night...numb. Just that same night at work I was thinking how great my life was...I had a great GF, job, and lots of friends...talk about a crappy ending to a good day.

We saw each other several times here and there, for we have similar friends. After awhile, I could not bare seeing her without feeling numb inside...My heart aches every time shes around...It has been over two years now, My friends tell me she still cares for me and askes how I am doing...I stopped going to places I know she would be...I have tried dating other women, but non of them have made me forget her.

She is not my first love, in fact I have been married once. But she is the first girl that I have ever dated that made me feel okay to be me at all times. I know that I love her, and probably always will. I have tried talking to her but she ignores me.

I know she still cares about me, otherwise my friends wouldnt say anything...I just wish there was a way to show her how I feel. Since we broke up, I have done everything I can to be a better person...I have gotten into shape, have an even better job, own my own clothing business, am currently going to school and am living a live that is full of adventure.

She made me realize that...Life wont wait for me to catch up.

There comes a time where one must risk everything, or sit forever with their dreams.

In anyones opinion, is there anything I can do short of seeing a psychiatrist or hypnosis? I think about her every day, I have tried to forget and move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 01:57 AM

18,271 posts, read 14,479,894 times
Maybe she doesn't want to talk to you because she still cares and if the problems you guys had weren't solveable, then theres no point in reopening the wound. I suggest that if you must, you ask her someplace so that you guys can talk. To talk about the isues you guys had. And beware, she might care, but she might not love you.

Old 06-14-2009, 02:58 AM

1,780 posts, read 2,358,708 times
I understand that she might no love me, I have asked her to do as you have suggested, even said she could bring a friend if it made her more comfortable. My friends tell me that she misses me and what we had. She is always miserable when I see her. Her friends are my friends and they tell me that she thinks of me often. She to has dated other people since we broke up but tells her best friend that it just isnt the same.

I just dont get it. I doubt she and I will ever get back together, would love to but its not up to me. Since I doubt we will ever be together again, I just want to forget and let go. But, I would not be the person I am today if it werent for her.

My brain says and tries to forget, but my heart aches and wont let go.

Old 06-14-2009, 03:07 AM

16,076 posts, read 28,631,946 times
Your right, just bc your still in love and she's unhappy, misses what you had together, doesn't mean the two of you will reunite. Possibly it's something with-in herself thats keeping her unhappy? I wish I had some words of wisdom to offer, but don't.

Old 06-14-2009, 03:14 AM

18,271 posts, read 14,479,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
I understand that she might no love me, I have asked her to do as you have suggested, even said she could bring a friend if it made her more comfortable. My friends tell me that she misses me and what we had. She is always miserable when I see her. Her friends are my friends and they tell me that she thinks of me often. She to has dated other people since we broke up but tells her best friend that it just isnt the same.

I just dont get it. I doubt she and I will ever get back together, would love to but its not up to me. Since I doubt we will ever be together again, I just want to forget and let go. But, I would not be the person I am today if it werent for her.

My brain says and tries to forget, but my heart aches and wont let go.

Well if she's not willing to listen,then theres nothing that you can do. She has made her decision and just because she is miserable doesn't mean you have to save her. If she is miserable its because every day she chooses to be miserable. You can't do anything to help her. If she wanted you back, she would of let you know. But she hasn't.

Old 06-14-2009, 05:40 AM

30,707 posts, read 80,071,161 times
Send her your original post

Old 06-14-2009, 10:33 AM

16,223 posts, read 25,723,675 times
What do you think about sending her a card, with a note or letter attached, telling her that she has helped you in more ways than she knows? Tell her how much you appreciate that, and that you miss her.
Maybe something to this affect, would help give you closure.
Good luck!

Old 06-14-2009, 11:01 AM

2,807 posts, read 7,603,585 times
This is a tough call...I have been in situations where I felt my previous BFs were not there for me and took me for granted, and on more than one occasion they have tried to get me back. Unfortunately for them, the window of time that would have allowed me to consider going back to them had elapsed, I felt they should have realized it sooner, and that it was a day late & a dollar short. If one in particular had tried to win me back within that window (and it was a rather long window with him...over 2 years!) I would have been ecstatic...but it was not until I moved on with someone else that he decided to come to me & shed actual tears while telling me he made the worst mistake of his life when he let me go...yeah right, I thought, he just does not want to see me with someone else! There is a good lesson to be learned here, though...if you find someone who is gracious, honest, supportive, and you love that person, make it a point to say & show you care. Eventually, even the most forgiving souls burn out after repeated/long-winded indifference because they realize they deserve to be with someone who is as wonderful to them as they have been to everyone else!

Last edited by luvmycat; 06-14-2009 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 06-14-2009, 11:34 AM

39 posts, read 73,275 times
"She made me realize that...Life wont wait for me to catch up.
There comes a time where one must risk everything, or sit forever with their dreams."

I think the reasons why ya cant get over her are
First, you've been a better person since ya broke up which makes her special and love her more. Second, is/are the reason/s behind of breaking up, is it worth it? when in fact you could have done something bout it just to save the relationship. Thou i feel you'd like to save the relationship for long term BUT the problem is she wont give ya a chance to win her back.

In reality a perfect relationships has ups and down, when this happened both of ya will make a positive ways to resolve any conflicts right?

In your case, I think she dont have the same feelings like ya do coz in the first place if she feels the same, for shur she wont think twice to grab the chance and be with ya whatever the consiquences.

This concludes me that you might be the only one who is in love and she have fallen out of love.

*Nobody can advice ya the right way to resolve your problem since youre in control of what you think that affects your feelings.. Peace

Old 06-14-2009, 06:41 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,631,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
What do you think about sending her a card, with a note or letter attached, telling her that she has helped you in more ways than she knows? Tell her how much you appreciate that, and that you miss her.
Maybe something to this affect, would help give you closure.
Good luck!

Good suggestion for the OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships