Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 02:56 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
You need to keep your stories straight if you want to be a successful troll.
Are you kidding?

I dunno of the OP, but inconsistency is what makes a successful troll
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 02:58 PM

16 posts, read 44,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
I need a little more information as to why they hate each other so much. As a child, I watched my ADULT step-siblings blatantly disrespect my mother, in HER HOUSE, all the time, and towards the end of my mom and step-dad's marriage, it eventually came down to that......him having to choose between his adult kids or his wife (my mother).
They have a history of bad blood. many times gf has threatened to call CPS because they don"t keep clean house etc.. or just for spite I think.gf and son had arguement in the past when we were split up. gf threatened to shoot son if he took her up on her offer to come over and fight. Gf was abusive to me in the past and possibly drugged me numerous times. I have no proof of the drugging and after a two break up we began dating again. The kids tried to put the past behind them because i asked them too. and a couple of my kids even began spending time with gf. One day that changed when I vented to GF about how daughter who I live with expects me to clean up after her and family of 4, I am not a maid, I babysit two of the grandkids in exchange for rent- although daughter owes me 1900.00, I go to college fulltime and have an avon business, but husband wants me to clean too- not part of our agreement. daughter wastes her money instead of paying me, daughter has a tendency to be controlling and have reneged on her agreement of providing my cigs, food, and transportation. GF texts the daughter and tells her she is sorry for treating me bad and starts insulting daughter and son-in -law .she finished her text with I know you want to slap me so come on. Daughter who has unpaid traffic tickets goes to gf house, gf calls the police on her for coming to fight her. GF is bi-polar, daughter is angry

Old 06-22-2009, 03:08 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,303,143 times
Blood can run pretty damn thin in some families.

You are caught between a rock and a hard place. Now I don't know your daughter or your girlfriend, so only you (on this threads) knows "why" there is such hatred.

Your girlfriend may or may not have good reason for the ultimatim, but she isn't doing herself, or you, any favors. If it weren't for the grandkids I would say 'screw it' and move on with your personal life.

However, even if you ditch the girlfriend, I would process everything that has gone on, then have one helluva DEEP conversation with your daughter. You need to make her realize that your life is NOT exclusive for her only and that you are entitled to relationships.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
The last time you discussed this issue here (in April) it was your male partner of 8 years "off and on" who didn't get along with your adult children. And you said the choice was hypothetical.

I guess you didn't realize that your previous posts are accessible by clicking on your SN.

So which is it?

BF of GF?

6yrs or 8 yrs?

Real or hypothetical?

You need to keep your stories straight if you want to be a successful troll.
ok sorry I am a woman and so is she, we have been off and on for 6 and broke up for two. and no I am new to this and didnt realize previous was accessibel. thanks I will be more honest. just didnt want anyones judgement of my lifestyle to cloud their opinion

Old 06-22-2009, 03:13 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
You are absolutely doing the right thing by walking away from the girlfriend. Run, don't just walk.

Any woman that demands you give up your family for her is definitely not worth the trouble.

Last edited by sanrene; 06-22-2009 at 03:38 PM..

Old 06-22-2009, 03:18 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
I remember as a young teen my father's GF absolutely did not like me very much. Granted, I was your typical smarty-pants, know-it-all (nothings changed much?) teen. She would constantly complain about my messy bedroom and putting feminine products in the trash (wrapped) - the straw that broke the camel's back; when I invited a girlfriend for dinner, she complained there was not enough food (lie); she was gone the next day.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:19 PM

[quote=Twinkle Toes;9412225]Wow! So ... we have another one of those posters, then??? [/quote
maybe-it depends on what you mean by another one of those posters, I was dishonest because some people can be so judgemental, and I was concerned gf would run across my post. trying to be inconspicuos I guess, sorry for lying.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:30 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
No more information needed for me! Ask yourself this--where do I have the biggest investment--my family, or my g'f? And by that, I don't mean monetary.

My ex married a Russian woman and brought her and her teen-age daughter over here. They don't like our grown kids and told him he had to choose between them and her. He chose her. He'll regret it one day when she's gone and his kids will no longer talk to him.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:36 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times
The whole bunch of ya need to grow up. Definately dump the GF and tell your kids to shut their pie holes.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:38 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
Oh Twinkle how could you be so easily fooled just look at the post count.
I was fooled too. I don't normally look at post counts unless it's some way out there topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships