Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 02:20 PM

16 posts, read 44,415 times

Advertisements

Is it her or am I wrong?
My adult kids and girlfriend of 6 years, (off and on) hate each other, after an argument, many insulting text messages and threats of calling child protective service on my adult kids, my oldest daughter tells my girlfriend to leave her and siblings alone or daughter will kill her. Girlfriend is pressing charges of terrostic threats against my daughter.I told girlfriend I would have to stop seeing her because although it was wrong of my daughter, I love my kids and will not be allowed to be part of my kids or grandkids life if I don"t.GF made me leave her house and says I don"t love her if I can walk away because of my nasty kids. GF says all her friends agree you don"t choose your kids over your significant other. How does one stay involved with someone who could put their kid in prison when gf caused the problems to anger kid?
What would you do ditch the gf or ur family? Does anyone else think blood is thicker than water?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 02:26 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,053,366 times
I need a little more information as to why they hate each other so much. As a child, I watched my ADULT step-siblings blatantly disrespect my mother, in HER HOUSE, all the time, and towards the end of my mom and step-dad's marriage, it eventually came down to that......him having to choose between his adult kids or his wife (my mother).

Old 06-22-2009, 02:28 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
If the GF had any brains she wouldn't be mixed up with you and your kids! However, we've established that she has no brain SO ..... if I were you, I'd dump the girlfriend and keep your relationship with your kids and grandkids. GF's will come and go, but your kids and grandkids are going to be around a while.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:30 PM

136 posts, read 578,865 times
dump the girlfriend, asap.

My father passed away and my mother remarried just about 1 year later. At the time, my sister and I were teenagers and we did not get along with him. He was/is really a piece of work.

My mom stayed married to this jerk for 12 years until she passed away. We missed out on 12 years of having a better relationship with her because she chose to stay with someone who hated us and that we could not tolerate.

In the end, he kicked her out of the house when she was diagnosed with cancer. It was my sister and I her took care of her. It was my sister and I who were with her when she passed.

You only have 1 set of children, that can never be changed. However, there are millions of fish in the sea. You need to find someone who can get along with your kids and that your kids can get along with. Now if they are just resistant to any woman you bring home then that is a different story.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:37 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,348,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacalijam View Post
Is it her or am I wrong?
My adult kids and girlfriend of 6 years, (off and on) hate each other, after an argument, many insulting text messages and threats of calling child protective service on my adult kids, my oldest daughter tells my girlfriend to leave her and siblings alone or daughter will kill her. Girlfriend is pressing charges of terrostic threats against my daughter.I told girlfriend I would have to stop seeing her because although it was wrong of my daughter, I love my kids and will not be allowed to be part of my kids or grandkids life if I don"t.GF made me leave her house and says I don"t love her if I can walk away because of my nasty kids. GF says all her friends agree you don"t choose your kids over your significant other. How does one stay involved with someone who could put their kid in prison when gf caused the problems to anger kid?
What would you do ditch the gf or ur family? Does anyone else think blood is thicker than water?
I'd ditch the gf. NOBODY tells me I can't be friends with my adult kids or grandkids. It doesn't mean I agree with my kids all the time but they are my kids.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:45 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Quote:
Is it her or am I wrong?
If your GF is the one causing the problem, you need to ditch the GF. It is inexcusable for your GF to cause an issue with your kids.

Cut your losses. Your kids may not be perfect but you don't need to bring a fly into the ointment in the form of a GF who causes problems.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:45 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,018,972 times
Quote:
Is it her or am I wrong?
The last time you discussed this issue here (in April) it was your male partner of 8 years "off and on" who didn't get along with your adult children. And you said the choice was hypothetical.

I guess you didn't realize that your previous posts are accessible by clicking on your SN.

So which is it?

BF of GF?

6yrs or 8 yrs?

Real or hypothetical?

You need to keep your stories straight if you want to be a successful troll.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
The last time you discussed this issue here (in April) it was your male partner of 8 years "off and on" who didn't get along with your adult children.

I guess you didn't realize that your previous posts are accessible by clicking on your SN.
Wow! So ... we have another one of those posters, then???

Old 06-22-2009, 02:51 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,510,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Wow! So ... we have another one of those posters, then???
Oh Twinkle how could you be so easily fooled just look at the post count.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
Oh Twinkle how could you be so easily fooled just look at the post count.
I don't know. Just not paying attention, I guess. I got caught up in the drama of it all. I should know better! Nito, you're gonna have to be my guide in these matters! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships