Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 07:38 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Yes, but she has a perfectly shaped little black beak that gives me the sweetest kisses. Oh, and did I mention she's a Samba Queen? That bird can dance like nobody's business! Oh, and she has wings like an eagle. So to recap ... pretty grey eyes with the best white eye rings, beautiful black beak, wings like an eagle, fluffs up like a hawk head parrot, makes sounds like a crow, world's best dancer - those Schwimmer kids aint got nothin' on Connie, the best tail feathers - ever! Good singer, great dancer, oh - and legs that look like she's wearing little pantaloons. Yep - that's my girl!!!
Oh, it's a SHE! I rest my case!

Why don't you show us this perfect critter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 07:46 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,947,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjLaiLa View Post
I've been through a lot of relationships but it didnt work out. And its been awhile I havent dated anyone since I've been experiencing the same Hi and Goodbyes. I wonder if there is actually a perfect match or a soul mate.
I dont really believe in "soul mates" or "perfect match". Its similar to the NFL teams trying to find the "perfect quarterback". There are too many intangibles that are unable to be measured and this is why anyone in a successful relationship will tell you that they succeed because they WORK on the relationship. It doesnt just happen by itself.

In using the Quarterback analogy, people use scoring categories like:

1. Arm Strength
2. Quick Release
3. Ability to stay in the pocket
4. Leadership/Field generalship
5. Accuracy

You can apply these measurements to all quarterbacks in the league and the highest scorers are probably not your Superbowl winning MVPs but guys who barely make a blip on the radar.

I think that finding someone who will be compatible to you is likely but you'll still have to work on making the relationship (any relationship) successful.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:49 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,027,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Oh, it's a SHE! I rest my case!

Why don't you show us this perfect critter?
Well,okay, now ya got me. Connie is actually a male, but I originally though it was a female. Then one day Connie got sick and I took her to the vet and they did a DNA test to find out the sex of the bird and it turned out Connie is actually a male. I'm so screwed up though, that I continue to refer to Connie as a female. Poor Connie doesn't know what he/she is!!!

So, to sum it up ... I'm a fruitloop and Connie is really a male.

I don't know how to get a pic in here. I have some on my computer though.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
I'm a fruitloop
Oh, this part's never been questioned!

Quote:
and Connie is really a male
At least you're a straight fruitloop!

Quote:
I don't know how to get a pic in here. I have some on my computer though.
Click on the paperclip button on the 1st row and upload it!

Old 07-02-2009, 07:59 PM

What paperclip button?

First row???

Old 07-02-2009, 08:00 PM

http://www.parrotchronicles.com/2005/yourbirds/septemberoctober/sydney_yourbirds.jpg (broken link)

This isn't Connie, but this is what Connie looks like.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:
What paperclip button?

First row???
When you start a post for Pete's sake! Right to the right of the smiley; same row where the fonts are. Just disable the pop-up blocker if you have one 'cause it needs to open a new window.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:05 PM

Oh God! I don't know!!! But remember when I posted up my Myspace page? There was a pic of me and Connie in there. Actually, I think it was on my son's Myspace. Remember when I outed him without his permission?

Old 07-03-2009, 07:40 AM

39 posts, read 73,119 times
Hmmm a friend told me.. making out will help someone find out if they are perfect for each other. oh well has anyone find their soul mate through intimate romance in bed.. ???

Old 07-03-2009, 09:02 AM

751 posts, read 1,673,397 times
There's only a perect partner if you love all of them for who they are,their good and bad bits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships