Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 11:50 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,428,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
The bottom line is.....

Those of us men who aren't wealthy hate women who are after guys with money, as much as average looking women hate men who are after "hot" women....

It's an ugly side of humanity....
Agree but wouldn't say ugly side. There are reasons behind it which are common sense and not counter-productive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 11:51 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,297,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Wouldn't say ugly side. There are reasons behind it which are common sense and not counter-productive.
Eh..... I don't know.

Common sense for sure.

As far as counter-productive? I'd say it's neither productive, NOR counter-productive. It just is what it is...

Of course let's not pretend that there aren't PLENTY of men who'd LOVE to land a less-attractive, but wealthy woman, and conversely, there is NO shortage of women who need to be with a "hot" guy....

Old 07-13-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Eh..... I don't know.

Common sense for sure.

As far as counter-productive? I'd say it's neither productive, NOR counter-productive. It just is what it is...
If a chick is in the relationship largely because of your money. There are plenty of ways that will be counter productive to your relationship.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:02 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,331,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCab44 View Post
I've been detecting a double standard lately and would like to shed some light on it. Why is it that guys will criticize women who want to date a guy who has money, but in the same breath they will talk about how they want a "hot" girl? You can't have it both ways. Either you accept that you are superficial and some women are as well - or you don't.

There's no point in being hypocritical and bashing women for the same thing you are doing.
I must agree.

A man who wants a woman to have certain-sized breasts or butt or certain-shaped and certain-length legs is no different than a woman who wants a diamond ring that is at least a certain size or a man whose salary is at least a certain amount or....

I think that if I marry I'll end up with an average looking woman.

Why?

Cuz I am not rich. :/

Old 07-13-2009, 12:06 PM

551 posts, read 1,924,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
I must agree.

A man who wants a woman to have certain-sized breasts or butt or certain-shaped and certain-length legs is no different than a woman who wants a diamond ring that is at least a certain size or a man whose salary is at least a certain amount or....

I think that if I marry I'll end up with an average looking woman.

Why?

Cuz I am not rich. :/
Nothing wrong with average looking women. They tend to love more because they don't want to lose you!

Old 07-13-2009, 12:08 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,331,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOhFive View Post
Nothing wrong with average looking women. They tend to love more because they don't want to lose you!
I agree. But I as a man like and want physical beauty.

Read my newly created thread "looks vs. content."

Old 07-13-2009, 12:08 PM

Depends on how you define average looking lol. People have sometimes vastly different standards.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:54 PM

105 posts, read 221,843 times
I tend to think anyone who states they do not care about looks is not speaking the whole truth...

Old 07-13-2009, 01:27 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,297,629 times
Quote:
If a chick is in the relationship largely because of your money. There are plenty of ways that will be counter productive to your relationship.
Ummmm, pick a side and stay with it....

I was responding to you saying THIS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz
Agree but wouldn't say ugly side. There are reasons behind it which are common sense and not counter-productive.
You're confusing the heck outta me......

Old 07-13-2009, 01:36 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
Quote:
If a chick is in the relationship largely because of your money, there are plenty of ways that will be counter productive to your relationship.
Likely true, but such men can afford to get married multiple times. When things get "counter productive", its time to move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships