Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 04:06 PM

473 posts, read 1,517,286 times

Advertisements

My ex (and this is why we broke up) felt there was nothing wrong with him crusing craigslist's "casual connections" or hitting sites like "Get It On", signing up, and getting "matched". He even went so far as to email the ads to introduce himself, and say he was "a nice guy, disease free". He felt that as long as "nothing physical happened" it wasn't cheating.

Me? I have a problem with it. It always felt like I was a stepping stone and he was looking for something better, or different. More sex maybe. And my thought was what if somebody DID get back to him? What would his next step be?

Yes, there were a few emails I found (on MY laptop) and some photos. It really made me feel bad, and since he has a history of cheating, I ended things. I didn't want to know the next step.

How do you all feel about this? Was what he did really OK, or normal? Did I overreact? Did I give up someone I love till my dying day because I'm a prude?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 04:14 PM

71 posts, read 239,048 times
You know, this is why my ex and I broke up. The EXACT same thing although when I confronted him about it his excuse was, "I'm just browsing". Uh huh... He did end up cheating on me but I didn't find that part out until after the relationship ended. Your concerns are absolutely validated and good for you for not putting up with it.

Old 07-22-2009, 04:16 PM

1,389 posts, read 3,532,343 times
I don't necessarily think it can be considered cheating - but it is certainly relationship hurting and even ending behavior.

Old 07-22-2009, 04:17 PM

525 posts, read 1,851,194 times
You did the right thing...big red flag!!

Old 07-22-2009, 04:21 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Thats cheating while keeping your doormat on the side.

Move on from his loser butt before he gives you aids.

And like he would really tell you if anything happened....

If someone tried to pull that "its not...."

I have two words for that

"B***** PLEASE!"

Followed by a "get the F out of my life you worthless trashy piece of crap."

I would also post an add on craigslist with his picture and tell the situation.

Old 07-22-2009, 04:24 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,722,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly0428 View Post
How do you all feel about this?
From what you wrote he appears to be a d*ck. Sorry but that's what it is.

Quote:
Was what he did really OK, or normal?
You don't know the answer to this question? No, it wasn't ok. Guy was looking to see if he could get some on the side.

Quote:
Did I overreact? Did I give up someone I love till my dying day because I'm a prude?
No to both questions. You reacted in a appropriate manner. Sure you love the guy. Can't fault you for that. We have all loved someone that may not have deserved our love but you can't beat yourself up over loving some guy who is basically a a*shole.

It's gonna be hard for you b/c of the way you feel about him but don't give into him.

Best wishes

Old 07-22-2009, 04:27 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,538,403 times
I think admiring beautiful girls on the street is not cheating. I think trying to make contact is cheating. In relation to craigslist, occasionally looking at ads out of curiosity is not cheating. Trying to answer one or placing your own ad is attempting to cheat. Constantly browsing the ads also falls in the attempting to cheat category. In any case it is a sign of a problem in the relationship and you were right to end it.

Old 07-22-2009, 04:32 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Good he is gone.

Old 07-22-2009, 04:34 PM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Thats cheating while keeping your doormat on the side.

Move on from his loser butt before he gives you aids.

And like he would really tell you if anything happened....

If someone tried to pull that "its not...."

I have two words for that

"B***** PLEASE!"

Followed by a "get the F out of my life you worthless trashy piece of crap."

I would also post an add on craigslist with his picture and tell the situation.
What she said.

Old 07-22-2009, 04:53 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,893,685 times
Quote:
My ex (and this is why we broke up) felt there was nothing wrong with him crusing craigslist's "casual connections" or hitting sites like "Get It On", signing up, and getting "matched". He even went so far as to email the ads to introduce himself, and say he was "a nice guy, disease free". He felt that as long as "nothing physical happened" it wasn't cheating.

Me? I have a problem with it. It always felt like I was a stepping stone and he was looking for something better, or different. More sex maybe. And my thought was what if somebody DID get back to him? What would his next step be?

Yes, there were a few emails I found (on MY laptop) and some photos. It really made me feel bad, and since he has a history of cheating, I ended things. I didn't want to know the next step.

How do you all feel about this? Was what he did really OK, or normal? Did I overreact? Did I give up someone I love till my dying day because I'm a prude?
That's never ok and you made the right decision. Good luck in finding someone who isn't a slimeball this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships