Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 09:31 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,011 times

Advertisements

I was cruising through POF out of boredom and came across this profile of a woman that has a hot friend with her pictured.

Question is, how do I go about explaining I just want to date her hot friend and roommate? I was thinking of making a profile and contacting ugly person first (woooo...that sounded really shallow). We might email and exchange pictures, etc. No doubt ugly person will be so elated with her "catch" that my pictures will surely be shown to hot friend, no? But then again ugly person could be competitive against hot friend and not show pictures of me to her.

Anyways, I was thinking of coming across as a really nice, down to earth guy, the perfect guy, little bad little good, you get the picture, and score a first date with ugly person. On first date, I would get along with her but make her feel she doesn't really belong with me...in a nice way. Just drop hints that I like to wake up at 5am and run five miles, I'm into extreme rock climbing, etc. Just a list of things she probably can't do but hot friend probably can. If all goes well, she might introduce me to hot friend. Or I might even see hot friend at her place.

Kind of a touchy subject. I could come right out and say I'm only interested in your hot friend but probably won't work. I could also say I'm just looking for some "friends" in the area to "hand out" and hopefully hot friend comes tagging along.

Is there any chance for me? I mean this friend is WOW! Is there even a way to go about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 09:42 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,563,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
I was cruising through POF out of boredom and came across this profile of a woman that has a hot friend with her pictured.

Question is, how do I go about explaining I just want to date her hot friend and roommate? I was thinking of making a profile and contacting ugly person first (woooo...that sounded really shallow). We might email and exchange pictures, etc. No doubt ugly person will be so elated with her "catch" that my pictures will surely be shown to hot friend, no? But then again ugly person could be competitive against hot friend and not show pictures of me to her.

Anyways, I was thinking of coming across as a really nice, down to earth guy, the perfect guy, little bad little good, you get the picture, and score a first date with ugly person. On first date, I would get along with her but make her feel she doesn't really belong with me...in a nice way. Just drop hints that I like to wake up at 5am and run five miles, I'm into extreme rock climbing, etc. Just a list of things she probably can't do but hot friend probably can. If all goes well, she might introduce me to hot friend. Or I might even see hot friend at her place.

Kind of a touchy subject. I could come right out and say I'm only interested in your hot friend but probably won't work. I could also say I'm just looking for some "friends" in the area to "hand out" and hopefully hot friend comes tagging along.

Is there any chance for me? I mean this friend is WOW! Is there even a way to go about it?
I think if these ladies have IQ's over room temperature, they will both see right through you.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:43 PM

62 posts, read 120,760 times
Just go right out and befriend her. Tell her your collecting friends. Introduce her to your friends. Then when their are raves or parties at your place, tell her to invite her friends and then scout that girl in the pic and make your move. Just my suggestion.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:54 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,650,264 times

Old 08-09-2009, 09:55 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,671,830 times
Quote:
Probably not.
That's irrelevant.
Probably not.

Old 08-10-2009, 05:39 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,303,705 times
Quote:

I predict someone will be a very lonely old man one day

Old 08-10-2009, 05:42 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,956,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
lol!

Personally I don't think you'll be able to pull it off unless you're like Brad Pitt.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:40 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,700,776 times
Quote:
Seinfield had an episode about this; however he was already "in" with the ugly one and they were actual roomates.

Anyway, very very slim odds. Seems that your best odds (which are still low) is to set expectations from the beginning with the less desirable girl that you're only looking for friendship, not dating at this time. Hopefully you can still meet her. The hope is to get inside her circle and then meet the friend. I've tried to do this three times; two times failed, miserably...My one success was a switch between sisters, but they hated eachother so it was a different situation.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:52 AM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,011 times
I sent an email out last night and already got a response back this morning. Just sitting here writing something back and choosing my words carefully. I think she realizes something may be up because I'm out of her league but nonetheless, she is interested. I think she's just interested in a lay from me though. This is part of her email...

"...but I think we'll have a great time if we decide to go out. With some men's pictures, I have to wonder how safe I'll be. With yours, I have to wonder how safe you'll be with me lol."

I don't know, kind of sounds sexual to me. I was trying to go the friend route but she derailed me here a bit. I have to reinforce that this is completely a "just friends meeting friends" encounter but suttaly leave the door open for something more...you know, to keep her interest at peak.

Old 08-10-2009, 07:01 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,370,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I think if these ladies have IQ's over room temperature, they will both see right through you.
BINGO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
BINGO!
Quote:
I sent an email out last night and already got a response back this morning. Just sitting here writing something back and choosing my words carefully. I think she realizes something may be up because I'm out of her league but nonetheless, she is interested. I think she's just interested in a lay from me though. This is part of her email...

"...but I think we'll have a great time if we decide to go out. With some men's pictures, I have to wonder how safe I'll be. With yours, I have to wonder how safe you'll be with me lol."

I don't know, kind of sounds sexual to me. I was trying to go the friend route but she derailed me here a bit. I have to reinforce that this is completely a "just friends meeting friends" encounter but suttaly leave the door open for something more...you know, to keep her interest at peak.
You are playing with fire and about to be BURNT real bad!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships