Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 09:44 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,029,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post

"You really do have to watch out for the quiet ones!"
People have always said that about me and I still don't know what it means, really. If it refers to keeping secrets of others, I'm great at that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 09:53 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,769,868 times
But what if someone opens up their personals with you?

I have always had people who disclose their issues to me, because I guess they quickly find that I'm trustworthy from my behaviour and words

Even two days ago, a person I barely knew at the gym disclosed her divorce issues, and the whole wrangling with cheating and money, in just the second conversation.

There's no denying that I am a good motivational speaker. But there are times when people want someone to "listen".

Old 08-25-2009, 09:59 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,435,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post

I have always had people who disclose their issues to me, because I guess they quickly find that I'm trustworthy from my behaviour and words

Even two days ago, a person I barely knew at the gym disclosed her divorce issues, and the whole wrangling with cheating and money, in just the second conversation.

There's no denying that I am a good motivational speaker. But there are times when people want someone to "listen".
I'm a crappy listener (I swear I'm working on it!), I wish people would confide in me...should I consider that a blessing

Old 08-25-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
People have always said that about me and I still don't know what it means, really. If it refers to keeping secrets of others, I'm great at that.
No...in my case it means that people are usually shocked by what they find out about me, in a good way, of course.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:03 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,029,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
No...in my case it means that people are usually shocked by what they find out about me, in a good way, of course.
Hmmm I'm not sure how I'd take someone being shocked to find good in me. Kind of like a Christian hearing from an old friend, "Wow! I never knew you were a Christian!" Ouch! (from a Christian persepctive) LOL

Old 08-25-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Hmmm I'm not sure how I'd take someone being shocked to find good in me. Kind of like a Christian hearing from an old friend, "Wow! I never knew you were a Christian!" Ouch! (from a Christian persepctive) LOL
Heh, we're not talking about that kind of "good"...

I'm talking about the "shocking" things most people wouldn't expect hearing from a seemingly quiet person...

Old 08-25-2009, 10:19 AM

8,410 posts, read 39,297,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post

Everytime someone does this I think of that chapelle skit where he was the rapping black sheep...LOL
People tell me thier most messed up crap and its like...dude...you should be paying me 100$ hour to listen to you.. Shut up.
I used to just listen when I was younger but it is emotionally exhausting some of these problems people have.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:24 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,509,328 times
I never discuss MAtheBankers sex life!

Old 08-25-2009, 10:32 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,662,110 times
I tend to be a very private person, which to a lot of people is a bad quality. I'm not sure why though. People are entitled to their privacy. Just because you freely talk about your sex life doesn't the rest of us have to.

But one thing I pay attention to is how much others reveal. If they avoid certain topics, I avoid bringing them up. Some people talk about very frank things, others don't. That's why I take my cues from them on what and what not to talk about.

As for me, I generally avoid discussing my finances, my sex life, and my views on organized religion. If politics comes up, I discuss it, but I rarely bring it up first.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I never discuss MAtheBankers sex life!
Pffft, try lack thereof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships