Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 03:00 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times

Advertisements

I just go out and occupy my mind. I hit up a few clubs and just get my mind off of things. However, I do deal with my broken heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2012, 03:56 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,122 times
I get a new one from the freezer. Sometimes they're not quite the right size, but c'est la vie.

Ooh, that reminds me, have to buy some new one's at the grocers tomorrow, I'm running low.

Old 11-04-2012, 04:20 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,531,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
no way--- men do not have feelings. google look up decription of calf roping under rodeo and substitute "man" for "calf".
same perception.
this is why men commit suicide and women only attempt suicide.
its bek men do not have feelings.
this is why we have such low divorce rate in america
good understanding of men.
I concur. I actually think men have it tougher than women when dealing with this sort of thing. Women have stronger bonds between each other and it's much more acceptable for them to approach each other in these situations. Guys can either go the self-destructive/vindictive route or sulk in silence. Common guy advice is to "go out and bang a bunch of sluts." That's not healthy. Neither is alternating between rage and despondency. Guys are also really reluctant to open up to women because they feel doing so would make them look like "lesser" men and that's actually true for certain types of women. Guys just can't win.

Nothing is really more unpredictable than a guy with a broken heart. I mean, that's why a lot of murders and suicide happen.

Love is such a beautiful thing...

Old 11-04-2012, 05:03 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,426,535 times
I just get bummed out for a bit.

Old 11-04-2012, 05:09 PM

236 posts, read 427,502 times
best way to get over a woman, get on another one,often

Old 11-04-2012, 05:10 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Do men have broken hearts, too?
Why do you think alcohol sells so well? This is one way (some) men deal with grief and loss.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:26 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,426,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why do you think alcohol sells so well? This is one way (some) men deal with grief and loss.

Sometimes, it's a pretty good cause of it as well.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:34 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
After me and my ex broke up he started smoking a lot of weed and going to raves and doing E with his friends. I always hated that he did it so he ramped it up into overdrive once he didn't have me 'nagging' him about it. Then, he started dating a girl MUCH more attractive than me and 'accidentally' sent me pictures of her all the time. He also sent me very angry emails about how breaking up was the 'worst mistake I'll ever make' etc. I ended up changing my email and phone number. Turns out it was the best decision I ever made.

As for my guy friends, most of them are pretty happy about breaking up because they get to go out and drink and bang more chicks. A lot of them don't have the cajones to break up with their girls themselves, so they make their lives miserable until their girlfriend breaks up with them. Then, they're happy they're free!

I think I've only had 2 guy friends that were honestly torn up about their girlfriends breaking up with them. One went into a really deep depression that took him a really long time to climb out of, and the other one was really sad because she was SUPER hot.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:05 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
After me and my ex broke up he started smoking a lot of weed and going to raves and doing E with his friends. I always hated that he did it so he ramped it up into overdrive once he didn't have me 'nagging' him about it. Then, he started dating a girl MUCH more attractive than me and 'accidentally' sent me pictures of her all the time. He also sent me very angry emails about how breaking up was the 'worst mistake I'll ever make' etc. I ended up changing my email and phone number. Turns out it was the best decision I ever made.

As for my guy friends, most of them are pretty happy about breaking up because they get to go out and drink and bang more chicks. A lot of them don't have the cajones to break up with their girls themselves, so they make their lives miserable until their girlfriend breaks up with them. Then, they're happy they're free!

I think I've only had 2 guy friends that were honestly torn up about their girlfriends breaking up with them. One went into a really deep depression that took him a really long time to climb out of, and the other one was really sad because she was SUPER hot.
Why are you friends with men who treat women poorly?

Old 11-04-2012, 07:25 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Why are you friends with men who treat women poorly?
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships