Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2016, 11:07 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,254,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
From the initial post by the OP, sounds like the guy has a plan to better himself and his life by going back to school. Sometimes having someone in one's life to love is a very positive and powerful motivator. Actually I wish the guy luck and when he gets his school done and becomes successful in the field that interests him, he finds a really good woman to be with.
"I just moved back home with my parents and I might go back to school and do nursing or be a counselor" does not sound like a plan to better himself.

"I'm a year and a half into a two year nursing program" is a plan to better himself.

If you're dating where the objective is to find the long term relationship, why would you consider committing economic suicide by hooking up with somebody like that? If the guy were on a trajectory to actually better himself, sure. That's not the guy in this post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 04:52 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,459,309 times
Yes. The sex drive doesn't care.

There was a video like a year or two ago about a homeless guy in New York City picking up women for one night stands for a place to sleep.

Old 01-16-2016, 05:37 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
I don't see why not.

Dating pool might be smaller but who cares...

Old 01-16-2016, 06:06 PM

282 posts, read 236,231 times
I'm hoping for the general sake that it is acceptable. I'm 29, full time student and finishing up my last year toward a bachelor's in a high paying, well respected, stable degree. I live with my mom and no job (I do volunteer work however), but financial aid keeps me far from broke (Yes, I know I have to pay it back. No, it's not relevant to anyone but me).

Dating has been pretty much moot. I can attract women who have everything going wrong in their lives (single mothers, much older, extremely obese/unhealthy/unattractive, already in a relationship and looking for side action, mental issues, etc), but a decent woman worth spending my life with hasn't popped up at all. Makes it even more hilarious meeting all these women that are "independent," but still expect a man to make just as much or more than they are. So much for supporting a boyfriend where supporting a girlfriend wouldn't be an issue (not that I'm interested in this either).

I'm anxious to graduate and start my career. I can't help thinking that I'll suddenly have a windfall of women interested in me. Or I could just start lying to women and tell them about my $100k/yr income.

Old 01-17-2016, 12:13 AM

645 posts, read 750,592 times
your kind of old to still be in school, unemployed and living with your mom.....im sure you could get a job and go to school.....I couldn't date a guy that is that old with no job and living at home no matter if he was in college or not its just a turn off...a college degree doesn't always guarantee a dream job..sorry but no real woman wants to support a dude that lives with mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setchel View Post
I'm hoping for the general sake that it is acceptable. I'm 29, full time student and finishing up my last year toward a bachelor's in a high paying, well respected, stable degree. I live with my mom and no job (I do volunteer work however), but financial aid keeps me far from broke (Yes, I know I have to pay it back. No, it's not relevant to anyone but me).

Dating has been pretty much moot. I can attract women who have everything going wrong in their lives (single mothers, much older, extremely obese/unhealthy/unattractive, already in a relationship and looking for side action, mental issues, etc), but a decent woman worth spending my life with hasn't popped up at all. Makes it even more hilarious meeting all these women that are "independent," but still expect a man to make just as much or more than they are. So much for supporting a boyfriend where supporting a girlfriend wouldn't be an issue (not that I'm interested in this either).

I'm anxious to graduate and start my career. I can't help thinking that I'll suddenly have a windfall of women interested in me. Or I could just start lying to women and tell them about my $100k/yr income.

Old 01-17-2016, 02:50 AM

282 posts, read 236,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reen79 View Post
your kind of old to still be in school, unemployed and living with your mom.....im sure you could get a job and go to school.....I couldn't date a guy that is that old with no job and living at home no matter if he was in college or not its just a turn off...a college degree doesn't always guarantee a dream job..sorry but no real woman wants to support a dude that lives with mom.
At least you can admit that money is your drive.
I do have a very good reason for being in college at my age, but at the end of the day it's an irrelevant matter. It does make me feel better that it'd weed out women who have an issue with my current position.

Old 01-17-2016, 03:30 AM

128 posts, read 139,053 times
Women don't like guys without money, if you don't have money you have no business trying to date, and a minus wage job doesn't count, women want guys that have real money.

Old 01-17-2016, 04:23 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,124,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROFILE CLIMB View Post
Women don't like guys without money, if you don't have money you have no business trying to date, and a minus wage job doesn't count, women want guys that have real money.
meh, if you are reasonably fit, interesting and don't smell bad you`re good to go. Broke dudes get girlfriends all the time. It's in your mind. Back in the 80's I had a less than minimum wage job teaching windsurfing and living on friends couch and dated a stunning pro surfer girl.

Old 01-17-2016, 07:28 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROFILE CLIMB View Post
Boy you are so naive. Lol...

Old 01-17-2016, 07:40 AM

947 posts, read 1,186,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reen79 View Post
I wonder if the bad economy goes through women's minds when they think this way. Not saying instability is okay, but it's kind of hard to expect perfect financial standing out of anybody in these times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships