Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 09:22 PM

259 posts, read 732,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
To each their own.

For your sake hope that you never fall into the unemployed situation many broke Americans are in now which is not of their doing or choice.

I don't particularly agree with your thinking, but it's your choice.

You're absolutely right & I'm sorry I yelled.

I'm going to go with the opinion that this thread is a social experiment and the OP doesn't really think that way
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 09:24 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,464,478 times
Quote:
To each their own.

For your sake hope that you never fall into the unemployed situation many broke Americans are in now which is not of their doing or choice.

I don't particularly agree with your thinking, but it's your choice.
I only do one mercy date a week. Slot filled.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:28 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,588,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iriekate View Post
You're absolutely right & I'm sorry I yelled.

I'm going to go with the opinion that this thread is a social experiment and the OP doesn't really think that way
No apologies needed and in fact I agree with your reaction.

But she has a right to her choice.

Everyones choices has their good or bad consequences in the end.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:29 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,082,155 times
No man should be dating if he lives at home of a layoff.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
No man should be dating if he lives at home of a layoff.
IMO: It depends on the type of person he's dating and I mean that in the non-sexual way.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:34 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam82 View Post
My bf got laid off about a month after we started dating. I encouraged him to go back to school. He worked part-time and went to school full-time. About a month or two after he finished school, he found a good paying job even in this horrible economy.

What I would be worried about is if the man is on a paid website and has no job. That seems like a waste of money.

I'm a female btw.

Not the same thing,because was aleady established when he was laid off

Old 08-26-2009, 09:38 PM

11 posts, read 23,903 times
hello, I've been reading postings here for the last one year and this is my first. In 2008, three months into our relationship, my boyfriend got laid off. Having child support to pay, vehicle payment and credit card debts, he got very depressed and embarrassed with his situation so he took off leaving me, cutting off all his contacts because he said he will only be a liability to me. I went all out searching for weeks until I found him again. Since I have good paying job with no debts, I helped him financially without payback until he's back on his feet again, that's about 8 mths later. In the 8 mths, we met only about 3 - 4 times only. It was difficult for him to accept my financial support at first but I forced it either by mailing the check or direct deposit. I guess it's the man's ego.
Earlier he thought I would walk out on him when he lost his job but to me when you love someone, it is for good or bad. Friends said I'm silly and stupid but seeing him going thru hard times make me love him more everyday.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiCorazon View Post
hello, I've been reading postings here for the last one year and this is my first. In 2008, three months into our relationship, my boyfriend got laid off. Having child support to pay, vehicle payment and credit card debts, he got very depressed and embarrassed with his situation so he took off leaving me, cutting off all his contacts because he said he will only be a liability to me. I went all out searching for weeks until I found him again. Since I have good paying job with no debts, I helped him financially without payback until he's back on his feet again, that's about 8 mths later. In the 8 mths, we met only about 3 - 4 times only. It was difficult for him to accept my financial support at first but I forced it either by mailing the check or direct deposit. I guess it's the man's ego.
Earlier he thought I would walk out on him when he lost his job but to me when you love someone, it is for good and bad. Friends said I'm silly and stupid but seeing him going thru hard times make me love him more everyday.
WOW!!! You REALLY LOVE HIM. I just hope that you don't get burnt by him later.

He possibly feels guilty that a woman gave him money and made him feel even more "powerless and manly" than he was by the initial job layoff.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:47 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiCorazon View Post
Earlier he thought I would walk out on him when he lost his job but to me when you love someone, it is for good or bad. Friends said I'm silly and stupid but seeing him going thru hard times make me love him more everyday.

Again you were already together, the OP just met this man online and hear all this in the 1st conversation.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:53 PM

11 posts, read 23,903 times
Quote:
WOW!!! You REALLY LOVE HIM. I just hope that you don't get burnt by him later.

He possibly feels guilty that a woman gave him money and made him feel even more "powerless and manly" than he was by the initial job layoff.
Yes, I really love him, unconditionally although he never said he loves until recently. I just couldn't leave him when he's down and out. But when he started working again, I gave him an option to leave me if he wants to. It will hurt me badly if he does but at least I'll be at peace knowing he's doing fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships