Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 11:39 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,858,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGosh Josh View Post
How hard is it to just respect a girl?
Its not too difficult, I suppose. Do you think it will make any difference?

In my experience, guys with the least "respect" had the most luck. Of course, they didn't let women know this until it was time to move on. However, even then, some couldn't take the hint.

Men who concern themselves about this, worry too much, try too hard and just make women suspicious. Then they get a reaction to all that Gravol they are taking, get a severe rash and can't be seen in public for weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 11:43 PM

1,340 posts, read 2,805,306 times
Thumbs down Oh ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
Eighteen items and they didn't list "respect her" anywhere?

19. Respect her.

20. Respect yourself.

While you shouldn't treat folk badly(unless in self-defense) I've found it to be a big mistake in life to respect anyone who hasn't earned same.

Including yourself.

Old 04-09-2010, 11:38 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,572,374 times
Interesting....I learn more about women by listening to them talk and reading about them. Mom didnt tell me much about women, had to learn most on my own. I love listening to a womens conversation...Its always educational. Especially when they are male bashing. I never chime in or interrupt I just listen and focus on what they are saying. Since I have been doing that nothing really surprises me about women now. I have a better understanding of them now. Even when some try to create confusion like some on this forum. Everything makes sense.

Old 04-10-2010, 01:04 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,858,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Interesting....I learn more about women by listening to them talk and reading about them. Mom didn't tell me much about women, had to learn most on my own. I love listening to women's conversation...Its always educational. Especially when they are male bashing. I never chime in or interrupt I just listen and focus on what they are saying. Since I have been doing that nothing really surprises me about women now. I have a better understanding of them now. Even when some try to create confusion like some on this forum. Everything makes sense.
You're correct. The double standards are breathtaking and they completely miss how it appears to those listening or reading.

For a long time, men really tried to accommodate themselves to these women but their interest in this masochistic activity is waning.

Old 04-10-2010, 01:15 AM

181 posts, read 322,872 times
I will teach my son not to be responsible for his own creation. When his GF says "I'm on the pill", he still wears a condom anyway. Good to prevent STDS too.

Old 04-10-2010, 01:37 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,983,653 times
I teach my nephews to make themselves happy in life while trying no to hurt others.
To accept responsibility for all their choices good or bad.
And that no matter how hard they try , or good they are as a person, life can still break them down.
And to stand for whatever they believe in.

One of them wants to be a wrestler.
And the fam were discouraging him.
I sat him down and told him to hold on to that dream with all his heart.
But to still get a proper education and stay healthy because he will need all that for whatever he does.

Old 04-10-2010, 02:36 PM

483 posts, read 556,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Because society teaches women that they must be catered to, so women reach adulthood thinking it's men who carry the responsibility of understanding and accommodating the 'weaker sex.' Add to that the stigma society, and many women, attach to men who reveal their feelings, who admit weakness, etc., and all. We men are supposed to be unemotional robots. We're not supposed to be weak. The sad thing is, women went through their liberation, demand equality, and etc - but still, many of these equals of men are quick to point to how men are not supposed to this and that when we confront them. They can because they're women. We can't because we're men.
Not sure if we're even equals anymore. Females make up 55% of the worforce. More females now graduate from college than do men. But we're still supposed to try to understand them and their feelings..?

Old 04-10-2010, 02:38 PM

483 posts, read 556,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
That article is la la ta ta BS,just like movies where everything is Mayberry and nice.......

I have but one pitch of wisdom to say to a son if I had one....

Son,no matter how hot she is or turns you on,no matter how huge her boobs are that make you a mushed puddle of brainless goo when you see them, and no matter how good she sexes you, and no matter how much you don't want to loose her and all that.....

Keep your self respect and if you she gives you problems and grief and you know that you should make a change even though you don't want to, do it because otherwise you'll kick yourself in the ass latter and there are plenty of other hot women and bigguns out there besides her because while it ->()<- doesn't all look the same it pretty much feels the same.....

Oh also son,control your own money.....

Oh also son,I know in the morning you just want to roll over and do a quicky and going for a condom is trouble sometimes but don't get lazy and use one otherwise you are responsible for 18 years even if she is no longer in your life latter.......
Another one I'd add is chosse a woman with your ears and not your eyes.

Old 04-10-2010, 02:44 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,145,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
18 things to teach your sons about women - CNN.com

Thoughts?

I wouldn't send this to my son without some adjusting.

I don't think men should go shopping with us if they hate it so much. Tell him to go have a beer with his buds or stay home doing something he enjoys.

Most people love compliments and gifts. Don't send the message one should give these more than usual or more than they want to.

Be on time, even if she usually isn't? What the fuzzle? His time isn't valuable? The princess had better "usually" be on time or he can leave without her.

JMHO.
OMG if my dh would have acted like *any* of those things while we were dating, I'd have passed him by in a heart-beat.

Sorry, I want a man - not a mama's boy who is getting in touch with his "feminine side". Yucko

20yrsinBranson

Old 04-11-2010, 12:13 AM

107 posts, read 287,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
A list from fathers to their sons?

1. Women are irrational.

2. When they moan/pout/whine about a problem, they don’t want a solution. They want somebody who will listen to them. If you give her a solution, she’ll get mad at you because rather than providing a sympathetic ear, you coldly told her how to address the problem. For further explanation, refer to #1.

3. Speak not of the shelves lined up with shoes, and the dozens upon dozens of blouses, skirts, dresses, jeans, slacks, shirts, sweaters, jackets, scarves, in her closet when she says “I have nothing to wear.” For further explanation, refer to #1.

4. Women can be extremely insecure. They may personalize any neutral or innocuous comment you may make about other people, or about other women, as a comparison to them, and attack you for it. For further explanation, refer to #1.

5. For every woman who seeks you out in tears about some jerk, be mindful that this same jerk has grown tired of having sex with her – and yet the jerk has unrestricted access. For further explanation, refer to #1.

6. Women say they like to be treated like a lady, but if you are very attentive, they’ll call you sexist and declare themselves the equals of men. For further explanation, refer to #1.

7. (Some) women will be b*tchy and mean-spirited to you because they will hold you responsible for the fact that the rest of the world is happier than they are, even though you have absolutely no responsibility for whatever misery haunts her. For further explanation, refer to #1.

8. Women will use menstruation as an excuse for the pettiest and silliest of behaviors which they would never tolerate if men were guilty of them, even if men menstruated. For further explanation, refer to #1.

9. (Some) women you meet will be impressively endowed with endearing physical characteristics, and they shall be unafraid to display them through their fashion. Yet, they will complain about how men see them as only pieces of meat. For further explanation, refer to #1.

10 Women will often blame for you for no other reason than you’re a man. For further explanation, refer to #1.

11. For any other situation when a woman you encounter is guilty of actions beyond the realm of logic – refer to #1.

*DISCLAIMER*
Written in jest and humor, so please don't flame me.
Dude! Seriously, what did your mother do to you?
Sorry but come on man. I know funny and this.....well

gracie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships