Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 11:43 AM

606 posts, read 698,812 times

Advertisements

I am still single.But I don't care whether my prospective wife is more intellecutal or not.
maybe folks tend to just have different ways of thinking,not inferior to the other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2007, 04:16 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,157,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
If we took an IQ test, I would be "average" and my husband would either be "high average" or a "genius" so intellectually, I would say no, we're not equals. However, I manage the household, pay the bills, get our lives in order and he reads comic books and plays on his Playstation. Go figure!

We do hold wonderful conversation and I believe my DH has both brains and looks!

LOLLLLL. That is so funny AND true. My son is like that. He's got a very, very high IQ (of course) but he loves comics, Star Trek, and all kinds of "kid" stuff (and he's 34)!!!

OK for the husband. Mine is not intellectually my equal. He's very, very good with DIY stuff. He's handy but he's not a intellectual. It makes it very difficult to have any kind of conversation where you want a give and take, feedback, different opinion and the why of it. Can't even talk to him about the whole mess with real estate because he doesn't understand one iota. It makes me very angry sometimes (can you tell?). And then sometimes when he's doing something and I ask "what is that" he tells ME, "oh you wouldn't understand". He wished! Besides, I have always worked around "high" intelligence circles and some of it has to have rubbed off !

Also, I don't like anyone who's vocabulary boils down to "you know".

Nope. I don't care who makes how much financially, but the brain power has to be there to have civilized communication. It's not like someone I'm paying at work and training them to do one thing. It's the person you share life with. That's why I'm HERE.

Old 05-06-2007, 04:46 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,221,113 times
What difference does it make as long as you love and respect each other?

Old 05-06-2007, 04:55 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,157,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
That makes sense but I think it all goes together. It's sort of a package deal most of the time.

Old 05-06-2007, 05:03 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,774,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
I thought this but then I dated someone I couldn't have conversations with that was not on the same level. I felt really bad because he was a nice person but we had diffenert life experiences over the years that made us who we are today. It made us so different that we couldn't carry on more than a five minute discussion and I got very bored. I didn't think I was better, just different.

My SO now is on the same level and I find that to be very important. I'm not attracted to someone unless they can stimulate my mind.

Old 05-06-2007, 05:05 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,221,113 times
My husband and I offset each other, where I am smart in certain areas, he is smart in others. I really don't think intellect has anything to do with true love and lasting relationships.

Old 05-06-2007, 05:09 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,087,707 times
Absolutely, we are equals. My boyfriend before my husband was definitely not and the conversation often stunk if it wasn't about family and such. I love the fact that I can talk to my husband about anything. In fact he's probably a bit more intellectual than I am. Fortunately, he's sexy too.

Old 05-06-2007, 05:11 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,774,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
Absolutely, we are equals. My boyfriend before my husband was definitely not and the conversation often stunk if it wasn't about family and such. I love the fact that I can talk to my husband about anything. In fact he's probably a bit more intellectual than I am. Fortunately, he's sexy too.
That's always a plus!

Old 05-06-2007, 08:38 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,266,159 times
I've only had one relationship with someone who wasn't as experienced or smart as me. It gets old explaining the simplist things to a potential partner no matter how well you get along by way of common hobbies. You feel like they wouldn't be there to cover your back in a situation where you'd need them simply out of ignorance of what/how to do anything.

I find intelligence to be very sexy.

Old 05-06-2007, 11:10 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,266,159 times
Sampaguita, If you really want to know about cavitation you can PM me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships