Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 10:39 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,192,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainy Intellectual Type View Post
I think it is human nature to want to do pleasurable things. Life is hard and sometimes boring, so if I have a chance to interact with these very attractive men I just feel so stimulated and happy. I tell myself that I am going to cut the conversation short but it just does not happen, they are so nice and very interesting to talk to. It is like a drug, I want more. Actually they are not that easy to ignore because they belong to a few clubs I attend and sit next to me in class.
And you claim to be "happily married" by your own words? Are you trying to convince us or yourself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 03:39 PM

2 posts, read 28,261 times
@ Nite Ryder...I bet you allways tell your wife it was the "other women" coming on to you and not the other way around huh?

Old 08-02-2010, 06:41 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,209 times
I think my husband is the greatest man alive. No other man can hold a candle to him. That's why I married him!

Old 08-02-2010, 07:34 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,528,010 times
For anyone to expect no attraction at all towards another man/woman, even when one is married, that's just dreaming....
however, to expect someone to show self control (like no contact at all outside of work, for example) when they are married, is perfectly reasonable.
If I really was attracted to someone, even though I was married, (talking in a what if situation), I would almost avoid that person like the plague.....
since I can't mess up my marriage.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:53 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times
It comes down to this, how much do you want your marriage to last?

If you don't care, screw around, it won't last.

If you do care, you will stay away from bad situations. That bull crap about,
'it just happened', is just that-crap. Things don't just happen. Grow up, or
get divorced.

Marriage is not easy. It takes work, by both people.

Old 08-02-2010, 08:48 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,319,416 times
If you are unwilling to give up being around these three guys that you are attracted to even though you are tempted by them, then, you must not be ready for marriage. If you are really tempted, you would stay away if you loved your husband and valued your marriage.

Last edited by smel; 08-02-2010 at 08:58 PM..

Old 08-02-2010, 09:21 PM

40 posts, read 57,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainy Intellectual Type View Post
As a married woman I would be lying if I said there were not men I run into that were very attractive. I find a couple guys I know to be very attractive physically, mentally, personally and spiritually. I am just attracted to them. But I am happily married.

What should I do about my desire to be with these men and spend time with them. When I see them and talk the chemistry is so strong and I feel good. I feel like we could talk for hours. I feel just like I did when I was single and dating and found someone I thought would be Mr. Right.

Nothing has happened so far and I do not expect it will, but I am tempted. You can tell the attraction is mutual.

What have you done when you find someone you are so attracted to? Do you try to avoid them?
You obviously know what you want and that is to continue hanging around these men. You are just looking for support so that you can justify your behavior if you end up sleeping with them.

You are a married adult and you should know best what to do. If not, please end your marriage now and spare your husband the drama and BS.

Old 08-03-2010, 01:57 PM

548 posts, read 1,217,529 times
I make sure never to get something from another man that I should be getting from my husband, whether that is sexual chemistry, emotional support, or flattery. It sounds like you are risking being emotionally unfaithful to your husband and you should stay away to save your marriage. If you cannot be mere friends with these guys then you shouldn't have a relationship with them at all.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:35 PM

85 posts, read 238,104 times
Default attraction

I dont know how old you were when you married. Sounds like you were raised thinking settle down have some children or not. Anyhow, you ever thought their was some truth in soing your wild oats before settling down. If you had. You would be able to look at these guys and except them for being attractive. Sense you didnt experience it, now you have the desire. Wouldnt recomend doing anything behind his back. It will most likely hurt him and you. Ever thought about talking to him about a 3some. You dont have much of a choice. Youre in arock and a hard spot. Either that or just go the rest of your life thinking about it. Jimmy

Old 08-03-2010, 02:44 PM

85 posts, read 238,104 times
Default brainy

Come on Brainy. Sounds like in your mind, you have already messed around on him. If I knew my partner was being in that position. S would hit the fan. Its obviuous he isent doing it for you. Maybe not just take a look at you but look at your reelationship. Youre defenently not getting what you need. You can disaggree. Sure you will. Thank about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships